Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jules's Location: Crowley, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilight_gem78
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chowdog wrote:
Quote:
The second precept of Thelema is "Love is the law, love under will" — and Crowley's meaning of "Love" is as complex as that of "Will". It is frequently sexual: Crowley's system, like elements of the Golden Dawn before him, sees the dichotomy and tension between the male and female as fundamental to existence, and sexual "magick" and metaphor form a significant part of Thelemic ritual. However, Love is also discussed as the Union of Opposites, which Crowley thought was the key to enlightenment.
Quote:
essay describes ceremonial magick as a means of training the will, and of constantly directing ones thoughts to a given object through ritual

intersting...well any I think i just had a breaktrough, look at this..

"my favorite basketball team is going to the playoffs! i'm so excited. my dad is a huge basketball fan. we don't have a lot in common but we both LOVE our team. i'm hoping he surprises me with tickets. that would be the greatest thing to ever happen!!! except that my sister would get to eat everything she wants and i wouldn't. bummer. "

BREE WAS ON A STRICT DIET BEFORE THE CEROMONY!!!! THERE MUST BE A CONNECTION!!!!

But let's not jump to conclusions, she does have braces after all

Last edited by Twilight_gem78 on Thu May 03, 2007 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
chowdog
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh nice catch there, that definetly helps pointing her towards the ceremony good job
Twilight_gem78
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chowdog wrote:
oh nice catch there, that definetly helps pointing her towards the ceremony good job

Ya, and see this...

"i LOVE the Jeff Corwin Experience. is that lame???"

...Crowleys name was a clue, maybe Corwin is also a clue.
Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I don't want to rain on your parade guys, but alot of what you've said has been already said many times over Sad

There are alot of threads in here, and in the 'New Girl' section regarding Jules and Bree.

Plus, alot of the 'religion' is already researched, and I woudn't want you to waste alot of time digging up stuff that's already been dug up.
My LG15 Vid
HeartofSorrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Jules's Location: Crowley, TX Reply with quote

physphile wrote:
Jules updated her myspace today. In there she mentions going to watch the Lady Eagles practice pole vaulting.

Since she talks alot about missing her public school friends, I figured it might be a local high school team.

A preliminary search of high schools with the mascot “Eagles” turned up CROWLEY HIGH SCHOOL. This is located in Crowley, TX, only 56 minutes from Dallas, TX.

Now, Jules also mentioned going to see the Body Worlds exhibit. There is one playing in Dallas, TX. This is definitely within driving distance of Crowley. Considering the conspicuous name of the town as well, this is probably where Jules lives.

Now, the address of Crowley High School is:

1005 W Main St
Crowley, TX 76036

This isn't Jules's house, but perhaps if you hang out by the track field for a couple days, she'll show up. It's worth a try until Taylor can do more background checking for you! Surprised

Good Luck!
Physphile

Way to go, Physphile, you did a great job. So far this is probably our best bet.

chowdog wrote:
Yeah, I live pretty dang close to Crowley, but they're not the only mascot with the Eagles. Allen high has Eagles as their mascot too

You do have a point, chowdog, my high school's mascot is the Eagle, and I live south of Waco. Heck one of my school's rivals had a mascot that was an Eagle and they're about 30miles southwest.
Brooklynxman
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, this was good work.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aponi wrote:
Um, I don't want to rain on your parade guys, but alot of what you've said has been already said many times over Sad

There are alot of threads in here, and in the 'New Girl' section regarding Jules and Bree.

Plus, alot of the 'religion' is already researched, and I woudn't want you to waste alot of time digging up stuff that's already been dug up.

It's true the Crowley theme has already been researched in depth, but not in connection with a "New Girl", who possibly lives in a town called "Crowley" Texas. I agree the old research shouldn't have to be recapitulated. It would be nice if one of the Mods could dig up some of the older threads regarding Crowley and link them here.
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone on page one that is, is suspiciously absent in this thread 'cept fer considdy. (<3 mah considdy!)

Just teasing the suspicious peoples Wink

Anyway, as for crowley TX. It would be preetttyyyy obvious, possibly conspicuous, of the Order to base the bloody ceremony in Crowley. Bree wasn't from any conspicuously named town, was she?

But I can totally see how we'd all be ready to jump on this. It's definitely interesting.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilight_gem78
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight_gem78 wrote:
chowdog wrote:
Quote:
The second precept of Thelema is "Love is the law, love under will" — and Crowley's meaning of "Love" is as complex as that of "Will". It is frequently sexual: Crowley's system, like elements of the Golden Dawn before him, sees the dichotomy and tension between the male and female as fundamental to existence, and sexual "magick" and metaphor form a significant part of Thelemic ritual. However, Love is also discussed as the Union of Opposites, which Crowley thought was the key to enlightenment.
Quote:
essay describes ceremonial magick as a means of training the will, and of constantly directing ones thoughts to a given object through ritual

intersting...well any I think i just had a breaktrough, look at this..

"my favorite basketball team is going to the playoffs! i'm so excited. my dad is a huge basketball fan. we don't have a lot in common but we both LOVE our team. i'm hoping he surprises me with tickets. that would be the greatest thing to ever happen!!! except that my sister would get to eat everything she wants and i wouldn't. bummer. "

BREE WAS ON A STRICT DIET BEFORE THE CEROMONY!!!! THERE MUST BE A CONNECTION!!!!

But let's not jump to conclusions, she does have braces after all

But what about her diet?
allisonjenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys realize she said LADY eagles, not Eagles right? Which "Lady Eagles" is a common mascot, I guess.

There's Lindale Lady Eagles. Just putting that out there.
tweeface
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chowdog wrote:
well if shes 13, that'd place her at Crowley MIDDLE School, just a thought

not necessarily. i was 13 when i was in 9th grade.
bluejay
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Lady Eagles' is also the name of the University of North Texas women's teams, I think. The university is in the Dallas/Forth Worth area.

Edit: to add, Bree, the Jeff Corwin Experience show that she was talking about is TODAY, Friday, at 5pm. Jules might be out and about, probably near the UNT sports facilities, at that time. Go find her! (hmm, i guess, with the time change from California, that's about now?)
sanguine105
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 'Lady' part of that mascot name is tricky. I'm in college now and we always refer to the women teams as "Lady" ______.

The mascot could just be the Eagles, while Lady can refer to the female track team alone.

I think the research has been really well done though! There has to be a connection between Crowley, TX and Crowley - I think you found the right place!
Twilight_gem78
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Bree found Jules anyway....

" LOVE the Jeff Corwin Experience. is that lame??? it's so cool! this week he is doing a show about the horned viper and the cobra of morocco. UNFORTUNATELY i'm going to have to miss it. i've got somewhere to be"

She must've tracked the T.V schedule and figured out the time. WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT!
rosieiswatching
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr/...... I did think of that... and I posted on the comments board 2 hours and a half beore it happened, you can check it out... Now... please let me direct your attention to a new thread I started. Jules' real location is Zavalla TX, but we AAAAAAAAALLL have see this place before.. please go to this thread:

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9818
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: