Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creators: What happened?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corndog2000
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Creators: What happened? Reply with quote

I have been watching LG15 since the very first video. Although I don't post on the forums a lot, I am a huge fan, and truly believe that LG15 is the beginning of an exciting new world of interactive storytelling.

And that is why I feel compelled to say:

WHAT THE HELL?

The story is losing any semblance of credibility or coherence. Someone please tell me, when did Jules become "the new girl"? According to LGpedia, Nikki Bower first suggested that Jules was the new girl. So, I watched Nikki Bower's video, and there were exactly zero reasons given for Jules to be the new girl. "She has a fat cat" is pretty much the opposite of a reason.

And no, "her videos look like LG15 videos" is also not a reason. That reason implies that the story is not real.

Listen, guys. The need to bring in new characters and new hackneyed ARG elements is ruining any credibility. All of these new elements are great, but you can't sacrifice basic storytelling values.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing to keep in mind is that Nikki Bower's videos are very lighthearted. The aim for each is comedy (which she does a great job of, in my opinion).

That out of the way, I can only determine that she thought that Jules was similar to Bree in some respects, and Bree apparently felt the same way.

Since then, through Jules' blog, we've found out that she is, indeed, unable to eat the same things as her sister (a diet, perhaps?), learning a language that may be Enochian (whatever it is, she didn't expect others to know about it), receives the Hymn of One's newsletter, quotes Aleister Crowley and believes that she has some "special purpose." At this point, it's fairly definite that she's at least in the same religion that Bree was in, if not, in fact, the new ceremony girl.

I actually think the story's improving.
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be inclined to agree that the story is improving, but I just... can't.

We need BDJ to have a car accident and wipe out all the new useless characters and have them meet up with someone who knows how to fight a covert guerilla war. Only way I think you can work action into this, and that would just be a betrayal of the original meaning of LG15.

If the creators want to put in some level of action, they should just make a new thing where they can stick all the dumbass action they want, without tainting LG15.

If they had the rights to Tachy, I would just say use her. But, that shit went flying right out the window.

(my personal opinion is that th creators just said "well she's ours, we do what we want with her", and the creator of Tachy was like, "Ummm... No." Hence, lawsuit).

I have said this before, that the creators are trying to make Bree into a tachy like substance, just as a way of saying:

"F*** YOU! F*** YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NA-NA-NANA-NA! WE HAVE A NEW TACHY! UP YOURS!"

Just my take on the situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: