Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New videos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: New videos Reply with quote

OK...I had enough of this BS on bree. They should be REQUIRED to place a disclaimer stating up saying it's a show and not real some think like that.

People are responing like this is real. Rolling Eyes
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are just playing along, interacting with the characters.
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya ok but would you not think a disclaimer at the start up would be a good thing. Question
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't like that...not at the BEGINNING of the videos anyway.

if it's absolutely necessary, then maybe stick it in her Youtube Channel Profile
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEGINNING OR END

Well put it this way.

Say a 12 year old look at it what would thay do copy it and it would only be for 5 sces the first thing you see or at the end of it. Leting people think it's real is wrong in my eye's and there are people that think it's real and thats why you got so may piss off fan's in youtube. Sorry for that word.
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to have a disclaimer, I'd recommend either in the profile, or, better, a small statement at the end of a video's description, which would be visible when someone looks at the video page, but not distract/detract from the video itself.

A common convention in online roleplaying writing games is to use parentheses or brackets to say things out-of-character. (Brackets tend to be better, in my opinion, because they are less often used in everyday stuff, and thus more obvious indicators that something is out-of-character, or OOC.)

An example. I prefer to use brackets, as I just said, but I have to use parentheses here because of the forum code system.

Oh wow, Bree. That's an awesome idea! If you want to talk about it, hit me up on instant messenger. I'd be glad to help out.

(I'm going to be gone for the next day or two, but if you want to just pretend our characters talked about it, that's okay with me. My character probably will just go along with/be excited about whatever Bree's plan is, unless it's really out there. Anyway, I'll be home until 8pm my time, so you can catch me before then if you're not sure. :* Have a good weekend!)

Does that make sense?

So a video description of a Lonelygirl15 fan character video log might be:

Day at the park
So today I went to the park with Snowy and her seven little friends. It started raining, though, which did not do good things for our lunch. You'll see.

(Disclaimer: This vlog is a work of fiction.)

I don't really have an opinion on whether the original Lonelygirl/Danielbeast videos need a disclaimer, but I think if the creators go the route of making it so people can make characters of their own and vlogs of their own and all that, it would be a good idea for a standard policy of putting disclaimers in to be introduced. Two widely-known-to-be-fictional vloggers is one thing; a hundred not famous fictional vloggers is another.

It's standard practice in online journal-based roleplaying games at least, where the disclaimer is generally a notice in the userinfo and a link to the community from the journal. It doesn't take away/distract from the game at all, but it does discourage random people happening onto the journals and thinking it real.

Edited to clarify/add another example.

Last edited by S is for Summer on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:33 am; edited 3 times in total
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S is for Summer wrote:
If you're going to have a disclaimer, I'd recommend either in the profile, or, better, a small statement at the end of a video's description, which would be visible when someone looks at the video page, but not distract/detract from the video itself.

A common convention in online roleplaying writing games is to use parentheses or brackets to say things out-of-character. (Brackets tend to be better, in my opinion, because they are less often used in everyday stuff, and thus more obvious indicators that something is out-of-character, or OOC.)

An example. I prefer to use brackets, as I just said, but I have to use parentheses here because of the forum code system.

Oh wow, Bree. That's an awesome idea! If you want to talk about it, hit me up on instant messenger. I'd be glad to help out.

(I'm going to be gone for the next day or two, but if you want to just pretend our characters talked about it, that's okay with me. My character probably will just go along with/be excited about whatever Bree's plan is, unless it's really out there. Anyway, I'll be home until 8pm my time, so you can catch me before then if you're not sure. :* Have a good weekend!)

Does that make sense?

I don't really have an opinion on whether the original Lonelygirl/Danielbeast videos need a disclaimer, but I think if the creators go the route of making it so people can make characters of their own and vlogs of their own and all that, it would be a good idea for a standard policy of putting disclaimers in to be introduced. Two widely-known-to-be-fictional vloggers is one thing; a hundred not famous fictional vloggers is another.

It's standard practice in online journal-based roleplaying games at least, where the disclaimer is generally a notice in the userinfo and a link to the community from the journal. It doesn't take away/distract from the game at all, but it does discourage random people happening onto the journals and thinking it real.

Sounds good to me lol.
Starrynight912
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry to much about a disclaimer now, because it would be pointless. Yeah, it would make it more official, but it's been on T.V. and widely known for a while now, so really what's the point. I like what S is for Summer said, makes sense. Btw, it got really dead around here once everyone figured out the clue and left. boring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disclaimer stop's people sueing if it's done right. Laughing Shocked

And edit to this post i can see some point to people sueing you. Things in the videos things about the videos need i say more. I don't even see a disclaimer for the website Rolling Eyes .

Last edited by lonelyfan on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Starrynight912
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, either way, if they get sued I could care less, I think Lonelygirl15 and cassieiswatching is making me go crazy, so if they were no more, hey I might have a longer life span.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starrynight912 wrote:
Well, either way, if they get sued I could care less, I think Lonelygirl15 and cassieiswatching is making me go crazy, so if they were no more, hey I might have a longer life span.

We play nice in here the videos are only for fun.
Starrynight912
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfan wrote:
Starrynight912 wrote:

We play nice in here the videos are only for fun.

I don't get it. I think I need sleep.
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well saying
Quote:
I might have a longer life span
Quote:
if they get sued I could care less
make's me think your one of them nasty people in youtube get it now.
Starrynight912
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh no, I'm saying that I love the Lonelygirl15 and cassieiswatching thingie so much that I don't stop thinking about it because I get to interested. I acctually don't see why people are making a big deal about how wrong it is, I mean actors act because that's their job. People don't tell Tom Cruise he's fake in his movies because I mean he is, he's not really the person he's protraying in movies so why do people act so badly towards, Jessica Rose. It's just a job so get over it. Sorry I sounded like I hate it all. I acctually really like it and hope it doesnt end any time soon. Very Happy
lonelyfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because people no tom cruise movies are fake Rolling Eyes people in youtube did not no that jessica rose (bree) movies were fake thay were seeing them as real till the mtv thing Crying or Very sad . Mind you people still think there real the point to the disclaimer. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: