Bree Phone Home
|Bree Phone Home|
|Date Posted||December 18th, 2006|
|Description|| I gathered up some phone numbers of friends and family and decided to make some calls.|
|Location(s)|| Jonas's house|
|YouTube Tags||LG15 lonelygirl15 daniel danielbeast home phone uncle franklin simian aunt hold|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders and Miles Beckett|
|Executive Story Editor|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Vidplay|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Glenn Rubenstein|
|Music|| A Cup Of Blue by Steve Watkins|
|Bree||Jessica Lee Rose|
|Previous||"Back At Bree's"|
|Next|| "Undisclosed Location"|
|Previous by Bree|| "Cheer Me Up"|
|Next by Bree|| "Skateboarding"|
|Directly after||"Investigating Gemma - NBR 7"|
(Bree is alone in Jonas's library. She addresses the camera.)
Bree: Daniel, I was really glad to hear from you after I saw your last video, 'cause... I was worried. You know, Jonas is a really nice guy and his offer still stands, so I hope you change your mind. P. Monkey and Owen have even offered to room together, so you'll have your own room. That's pretty generous.
On a more serious note, umm, I spent the last few days doing some research, trying to track down a few of my parent's old friends and some relatives. My family is actually scattered all over the globe, so, there are quite a few relatives that I haven't even met. For the purpose of today's phone calls, we're gonna be using good old fashion caller ID blocking, for a safety precaution. I learned my lesson about that once before.
A while back, I got into trouble making them with my friend Cassie. Looking back, I'm not even sure what was so funny about it. It's like, she would call people, and just try and freak them out by, either whispering "I'm watching." It was kinda creepy. The first time she came over, I just went along with it. I felt guilty, but it was kind of amusing. The second time, she went too far and of course, we hadn't thought to block my parent's caller ID. Even though I didn't make the phone calls, I ended up taking the blame when my parents confronted me. Apparently, they had a lot of angry call backs from some very upset people. My mom was furious.
(Bree holds her hands up beside her head and makes horns with her fingers, and imitates fire coming out of her mouth and then steam coming out of her ears.)
I kinda stopped talking to Cassie after that.
(A Cup Of Blue by Steve Watkins begins playing.)
I haven't seen her since.
(Bree rocks in the chair, and talks on the phone.)
Hi, I was wondering if you might be able to help me. My aunt-- Oh. Sure.
(Bree sits in the counter with the trophies in the corner. Cut back to Bree in the chair.)
I know! It's been a long time since camp. I was just wondering if maybe your parents have heard from my parents, at all.
(The camera cuts to Bree on the counter, whistling and looking at her nails. Cut back to Bree in the chair.)
No, I didn't get the birthday card. I haven't exactly been home in a while to check my mail. It's a long story.
(Bree stands in front of the bookcases.)
Oh, sorry if I woke you up.
(Cut to Bree leaning down to the camera.)
It's really late in England.
(The camera cuts to Bree on the counter, whistling and slapping her knee. Cut back to Bree in the chair.)
Excuse me? Oh, umm, how'd the ceremony go?
(Bree beats the phone against her forehead.)
P. Monkey? P. Monkey's alright. As good as a puppet can be. Owen? Owen is a... little bit depressed, actually. I think it's a bit of a seasonal depression.
I'm actually a little nervous about making the next call. My dad has always talked about my great uncle Franklin, but, I've never met him before. He lives in San Francisco.
(Bree mumbles the number as she dials.)
(Bree listens to the phone, and looks confused.)
That's weird. It says Powell's dry cleaners. It's just a message.After what happened with Gemma, maybe it's best that I don't have any contact with people from the community. So, there goes every single lead that I thought of. Back to square one for me.
- This is the first official lonelygirl15 video on which Glenn Rubenstein worked. He wrote this script in response to fan comments, which indicated that they would like to see Bree being more proactive in her search for her parents.
- Bree's comment about her friend Cassie is a reference by writer Glenn Rubenstein to Cassieiswatching, the series that influenced him to get involved with his ARG OpAphid in the first place. At this point, nothing had been heard from the Cassieiswatching crew for 2 months, and Glenn hoped to reinvigorate the series by "resetting the character" of Cassie. The mention of Bree's Uncle Franklin was also a reference to the series.
- On his radio show on BreeFM, Glenn mentioned that the call from a friend of Bree's who asked about P. Monkey and Owen was inspired by an ex-girlfriend of his who always wanted him to ask her how her cats were doing. 
- Fans quickly figured out that Bree's failed attempt to reach great uncle Franklin was actually a puzzle. For more information on the puzzle and its solution, see Bree Phone Home puzzle.
- Some fans suspect that when Bree tells one of her contacts that she has not received the birthday card, she is actually talking to Tachyon. The suspicion arose because Tachyon's Drop 4 (The Lost Art of Punctuality) contained a (belated) birthday card meant for a girl (although it does not mention the addressee's name).