Let's Play Doctor
|Let’s Play Doctor|
|Date Posted||May 18th, 2007|
|URL|| youtube.com |
|Description|| Hey everyone, we found some pretty crucial information regarding Julia and The Order.|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 lg15 bree daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko taylor sarah|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Production Assistant(s)|| Ian Schwartz|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders and Miles Beckett|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Vidplay|| Miles Beckett and Mesh Flinders|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Amanda Goodfried|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Previous||"I Know What Boys Like"|
|Next|| "Comfort Food"|
|Previous by Daniel||"What the F*@k???"|
Let’s Play Doctor is the one-hundred ninety-fourth video in the lonelygirl15 video series. This video is correctly called "Let’s Play Doctor", with a punctuation apostrophe (right single quotation mark) instead of a typewriter apostrophe - it resides here for easier accessibility.
Daniel: Here we are at...
Jonas: Ah... so-some hospital.
Daniel: This little one right here, she's a computer fiend. (Camera pans to Taylor.) She hacked her way into the County Medical Records, found Julia's birth certificate. Not adopted. Bree was adopted. If Julia wasn't, well, then she might not be the girl preparing for the Ceremony.
(Daniel puts on a white lab coat. Jonas whistles.)
Jonas: Look at you, you're lookin' good Beast. Very professional here.
Daniel: Don't call me Beast, I'm...
(Daniel holds up a name tag that says "Miles Z. Beckett, M.D. Resident Surgeon Plastic Surgery MEDICAL CENTER")
Daniel: Dr. Beckett.
Sarah: Dr. Beckett? Listen to my heart. (She hands Daniel a stethoscope while pulling her shirt down a little.) I think it's gonna burst.
Daniel: Yeah, calm down tiger. (He turns away from the camera and starts heading towards the hospital)
Jonas: I believe in you!
Sarah: Good luck.
Jonas: Hey, you can do this. Piece of cake, right? You said it yourself.
(Daniel walks towards the hospital but ends up tripping.)
Jonas: This might not go well.
Taylor: No one saw.
Sarah: Except us!
Jonas: It's okay!
Taylor: Keep going!
Jonas: It's alright.
(Daniel walks into the hospital.)
Jonas: Yeah, this is definitely not going to go well. I'm going to go hit the cafeteria. You guys want to go?
Taylor: Yeah, I don't want to see this.
Jonas: Get a hot dog...
(Cuts to Jonas and Taylor sitting in front of a tree.)
Jonas: So tell me, um, do you come here often?
Taylor: No way I don't.
Jonas: I do. Because I like to watch people come and go. you know. Look, they come, and then they go.
Taylor: So does that work on all the girls, or just on me?
Jonas: Heh, that was working? Wow, I don't know my own powers!
(Taylor looks embarrassed. Jonas puts his arm around Taylor.)
(Cuts to Sarah.)
Sarah: You're uh, really clever.
Jonas: Aw, thanks. (Clears throat.) So tell me, uh, what are you doing later?
Sarah: (Grabs camera) It involves D batteries and makes a lot of noise.
(Camera pans to Jonas's face. He looks confused.)
Jonas: buh-, a boombox?
(Pans/cuts to Sarah's expressionless face)
(Cuts to Jonas standing in front of the car.)
Jonas: Alright, that's about enough of that. I had fun. I don't think they did. Anyway, um, it's been a long time now, no sign of Daniel. So I think we're going to go back to the entrance and see if we can find him.
(Cuts to Daniel running out of the hospital building holding a file. Security is walking after him.)
Daniel: (mouths) I got it.
(Cut to Jonas's face as he is running)
Jonas: Okay, we're being chased by security right now. But I think Daniel got it. Daniel, you get it?
Daniel: Yeah, but I almost got arrested!
Jonas: Shh, get down. We're hiding from security.
(Daniel and Jonas crouch behind the car. Cuts to Daniel sitting in the car with his eyes closed.)
Jonas: Okay, dude, so how did it go?
Daniel: I mean, everything was fine until (pause) I took a doughnut from the nurse's stand.
Sarah: A doughnut?
Daniel: So? Yeah, I was hungry, I mean (shrugs)
Sarah: Was it jelly-filled?
Daniel: (Smiles) No, it was frosted with the chocolate on top.
Sarah: I love those. Those are my favorite. I love them.
(Cuts to Daniel's hands as he opens the file.)
Jonas: What's in the file, man?
Sarah: I like doughnuts.
Daniel: I don't know. It's her file though. It's her social security number. And... (Holds up the file) Isn't that the symbol from the EPOGEN box? It is, right?
Jonas: Looks like it.
Daniel: It is!
Jonas: What's it say? What's the paper say?
Daniel: Julia Anderson. Trait: Negative. What the hell's that mean?
Jonas: Don't know.
- On YouTube, this video starts with a note from Daniel to explain why it was posted on the lonelygirl15 account. "Hey everyone, we found some pretty crucial information regarding Julia and The Order, so I decided to post the video to Bree's account."
- This video marks the first time the last name of a character is officially given (Julia Anderson).
- The name on the tag that Daniel uses is a reference to creator Miles Beckett. Possibly Miles' own name tag because the tag belongs to a Resident Surgeon, signifying it is a student. Miles was a surgical student.
- Sarah's comment, "it involves D batteries and makes a lot of noise," most likely refers to a vibrator.
- This video contains many illegal activities, including hacking into the County Medical Records, impersonating a doctor, stealing confidential documents from a hospital, and evading arrest.
- This is the first time Ian Schwartz has been credited for his work on an LG15 video.
- Sarah's catchphrase "I like donuts" was first said in this episode. It has since appeared in Entertaining Myself.
- When an adoption occurs in the U.S., the birth certificate is reissued with only the parent's names changed. A birth certificate would not indicate whether or not Julia is adopted. However, this is not common knowledge and could easily be a mistake made by the characters.