Nut Kills Man
|Nut Kills Man|
|Date Posted||October 19th, 2006|
|Description|| Yay, my first video blog! I just had to jump into all the fun and of course say hi to Bree.|
|Location(s)|| Gemma's flat|
|YouTube Tags||gemma london LG15 lonelygirl15 daniel danielbeast nut man squirrel tree allery rock paper scissors|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders|
|Vidplay|| Mesh Flinders|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Amanda Goodfried|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser and Miles Beckett|
|Next|| "Living In London"|
|Directly after|| "Where's Daniel?"|
|Directly before||"Disclosure: Cassie. We Are "They""|
Gemma: Hi my name is Gemma, um, I've just discovered YouTube and well, there seems to be a lot of people on here. I'm excited because I recognize someone on here. Um...you guys know her as "lonelygirl15"? Well, uh, Bree I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but...I'm pretty sure you'll remember my dog. (Gemma reaches past the camera and picks up a picture of a dog) This one? I know she looks a little frail, but you used to come over and play with her all the time, you guys were like, inseperable, like, best friends or something. Something else that you might remember is...ugh...I...I taught you this game? In America you guys like to call it (Gemma makes the signs with her right hand) "Rock, Paper, Scissors", but here on this side of the world we tend to...have a different version. It's (Gemma curls her hands in front of her like paws and makes buck teeth) squirrel, (she holds her arms in a circle over her head) nut, (she puts one hand to her throat and extends the other one forward) man. Man has nut allergy so he's like this: (with hands in the same position, Gemma grimaces) Man with nut allergy kills squirrel, (Gemma makes squirrel pose again, and cycles through the poses as she continues) squrrel eats nut, nut kills man, and it's kind of that continuous cycle. If you remember me, then that's great, otherwise I've just been like a rubbish person here... So Bree, um, I live in London, uh, my parents still live in the community. Um, I kinda just wanted to kinda branch off from things? I go to university now; it looks like when I graduate I could be getting a "first" or a "two-one", if I keep on track. Bree, I'm really sorry to see that things seem difficult for you right now, and...with regards to you and Daniel? I've experienced it...it's very difficult to let outsiders...understand everything. I personally couldn't deal with it...so I guess that's why I moved to London. Well, Bree, um...it's nice to see that you're all grown up...take care! See you.
- When this video first came out, it was unknown if Gemma was an official part of the Breeniverse, as the video was posted as a fan response. Fans quickly found out that the actress that played Gemma was one of Jessica Rose's top friends on MySpace.
- The dog Gemma talks about was first mentioned in Mysteries of My Past... REVEALED!
- Squirrel, nut, man is not a real variation of Rock, Paper, Scissors.
- The YouTube tag "allery" is probably a misspelling of "allergy".
- Some fans suspect that this video may contain an encoded warning to Bree. See Double talk.
- The technique of introducing a new cast member through a fan response video, thus inviting fan debate into whether the character is "canon," was repeated when Jonas, Jules, and Taylor began vlogging.