OUT OF THE BUNKER!!!
|OUT OF THE BUNKER!!!|
|Date Posted||April 29th, 2007|
|Description|| So we decided to be proactive and get out of this BORING bunker. We've been driving NON-STOP for the last two days. Thanks for sticking with us these past couple of weeks. Things have been really complicated since Alex betrayed us and we were just trying to regroup.|
|Location(s)|| Las Vegas|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 lg15 bree daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Executive Story Editor|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Vidplay|| Miles Beckett and Mesh Flinders|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Amanda Goodfried|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Bree||Jessica Lee Rose|
|Previous||"Science Proved Nothing"|
|Next|| "Crazy Emo Chick"|
|Previous by Bree|| "A Solid Lead"|
|Directly before||"Hear Me Out"|
Bree: (wearing a cap) So, last week a bunch of stuff happened. Over the weekend, Julia's MySpace blog updated and she included a quotation from the Hymn Of One weekly inspirational email. That's kind of obvious. I was much more sneaky than her. So now, we're headed to this teeny-inseey-weensy little town in Texas to meet up with Taylor because she says that Julia was in her soccer league last year. Small world. Jonas and Daniel got into this little argument about whether beef or turkey jerky is superior. I heard Jonas mention something about salmon? I'm sorry, salmon? So, it's just me and... this cactus. Well, cacti, it's plural. You know, they look all rough and not very nice, but they're all right. I've kind of felt like a cactus lately. I know, strange right? Last fall I was just, you know, minding my own business and now I'm on the run from crazy religion. (sighs) It's exhausting. (Bree touches a cactus) Ow, oh (licks her finger), okay, enough cactus talk for one day. I'm gonna go find the boys.
(Cut to Bree sitting in a shopping cart holding some jerky. Daniel and Jonas are standing behind her.)
Bree: So, who won? Salmon or pigeon?
(Jonas laughs obnoxiously and Daniel howls.)
Jonas: Look, salmon jerky's actually pretty good, I'll have you know. (to Daniel) You like the turkey jerky, right? Huh?
Bree: I like turkey jerky.
Jonas: Back me up.
Daniel: (pats Jonas's shoulder) I liked it. It was good.
Jonas: Thank you.
Daniel: (offering Bree some jerky) Want some of this?
Bree: Got some.
Daniel: Oh, you got your own, huh?
Bree: You're not tricking me--
Jonas: All right, let's roll. And I mean it literally.
Daniel: Let's do it.
(Music plays and Jonas and Daniel push Bree around in the shopping cart. Cut to Bree and Jonas in the car.)
Bree: I was reading Jonas some facts about Texas. He got a little testy.
Jonas: No I didn't.
Bree: Yes you did.
Jonas: Ha, no I didn't.
Bree: Yes you did.
Bree: So I was telling him that the word "Texas" actually comes from a word in the Caddoan language. It means friend.
Jonas: See, that's B.S. right there. Texas, friend. Come on, give me a break. I mean, they weren't even part of the Union for what, like ten years they were their own country and then they were forced to join the United States. Forced.
Bree: Hm, well that's Jonas. He's our feel-good tour guide. The popular slogan "Don't mess with Texas"--
Jonas: See, that's, um--they don't want us here. (Bree laughs) I told you, they don't want us here. I'm turn--. I'm leaving, we're leaving.
Bree: The popular slogan "Don't mess with Texas" was actually created as a campaign to keep the state's highways free from litter.
(Cut to Bree alone)
Bree: I hope that Julie will talk to me. I hope I can even find her. I don't know, this could be a trap for all I know. I'm to the point where I'm just willing to risk it... to help her.
- The "Don't Mess with Texas" litter prevention campaign has been educating Texans about litter prevention since 1986. Official Website
- Bree finally calls Jules by her full name, Julia, rather than Julie as she did before.
- Bree is seen wearing a cap in this video (the same one from Skateboarding).
- In the first few seconds, a helicopter can be heard.
- This is the first video since About The Gun in which BDJ have all been seen together.
- Someone or something can be seen moving to the right of Bree's cap (in between the cacti) at 0:22.
- In the video, Jonas says that Texas was brought into the U.S. by force. This is an untrue statement; Texas was annexed as the 28th state by Anson Jones by popular decree.
- This is the fifth time Bree has ever been recorded wearing nail polish. She previously wore it in the videos My Helper, Daniel, Be Careful..., Cheer Me Up, and Bree Phone Home.
- Bree mentions pigeons when talking about jerky flavors. This may be a reference to Maddison Atkins or to the quote by Aleister Crowley on the Hymn of One homepage.