There have been a number of details that have happened in the Breeniverse that some fans view as mistakes on the part of the Creators. Here is a list of them, and suggested or actual resolutions.
- 1 Infinite clothes
- 2 No mention of the Gilmans
- 3 No mention of later injections
- 4 Contradicting accounts of Cassie's departure
- 5 Invisible money
- 6 Gemma's warning about Watchers
- 7 Bree Has A Cell Phone
- 8 Missing Watchers for Jules
- 9 The forgotten parents
- 10 Contradicting accounts on whether the Order watches videos
- 11 Illogical Ceremony date hints
- 12 Counterproductive fearmongering
- 13 Bree's "Sacrifice"
- 14 LaRezisto image puzzle
- 15 Sarah Getting Away With Jonas
- 16 See also
Possible solution: When Bree and Daniel first went on the run from the Order in On The Run, they took Daniel's car. Bree could have stored clothes in Daniel's car. Later, in Homeless, when they had to ditch Daniel's car due to a tracking device that Tachyon told them about, they went to Jonas's house. Jonas, a rich guy, probably bought a lot of clothes for Bree and Daniel, and they stored some of them in Jonas's car when they had to leave Jonas's house.
No mention of the Gilmans
Possible solution: Even though her father said "let me talk to Bree" when asked if he could meet Isaac Gilman, it is possible he didn't mention they were going to meet somebody, or who exactly.
No mention of later injections
Contradicting accounts of Cassie's departure
Possible Solution: Bree may have confronted Cassie about taking the blame for the prank calls, Cassie then may have got defensive and said something that insulted Bree's religion, mentioning that it "freaked" her out. After that the two may have eventually stopped talking.
Possible solution: He doesn't. It has been suggested this is how the Order keeps finding them - although one should keep in mind that there were always other reasons presented in the series, such as bugged cars, traced cellphones or treasonous aunts.
Gemma's warning about Watchers
Possible solution: Watchers are assigned to protect Bree, no matter from whom. Gemma was working for OP APHID, a more radical wing of the Order; if APHID has/had similar goals like the faction that sent the Shadow in Subjects Apprehended, it is possible the Watchers would've been an obstacle had they tried to take Bree by force. Telling Bree the Watchers are evil, while they are in fact protecting her, was an easy way of separating Bree and the Watchers.
Possible solution 2: Another possibility is that Gemma ventured a minor information to gain Bree's trust, in order to have a better chance of influencing her later.
Possible solution 3: In addition, there is the possibility that Gemma wasn't originally evil, but was found and turned later. This, however, is improbable, given that Tachyon said Gemma had tried to kill Brother months before the events of lonelygirl15.
Bree Has A Cell Phone
Possible solution: It's plausible that Jonas has been paying for her cell phone bill.
Missing Watchers for Jules
Possible solution: The obvious answer to this is that she is trait negative, and thus not a ceremony girl - but: She was supposed to work as bait for Bree and the others, so shouldn't she have gotten Watchers just to look like a ceremony girl?
Possible solution 2: On the other hand, some people argue that the presence of Watchers might have scared BDJ off, and that this would've been contrary to the Order's plans, which is why they didn't position any obvious Watchers.
The forgotten parents
Possible Solution: Daniel said in one of his videos that his parents "weren't exactly the 'hands-on' type." It is possible that his parents don't care where he is. There is also some evidence that Daniel has a history of alcoholism, which may speak volumes about his family life. Also, Daniel talks more about his parents and his relationship with his grandmother in the video Comfort Food.
- Possible Soultion 2: The characters don't include every last detail of their lives in these videos. It's possible that Daniel has been calling his parents to keep them up to date on where he is, but he didn't think it was important enough to mention on camera.
Contradicting accounts on whether the Order watches videos
- Solution: This is called a "retcon", which stands for Retroactive continuity. Put bluntly, it is a deliberate continuity error in order to change information that was previously given. Basically, the Creators didn't like the fact that the Order sees the videos anymore, so they simply said it doesn't - no matter if it makes sense or not.
- Solution: This could also be explained if Bree contacted Lucy herself, and simply posted the video for people to know what was going on.
Illogical Ceremony date hints
- Solution: This was most likely not a clue planted by Bree, but the Creators. Something for US to find out.
Solution: This might have been meant as a tool not to scare her away from the Ceremony, but to scare her into it: "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."
Solution: By sacrificing her self, Bree made it so that her friends were no longer targets of the Order. Obviously she could not have anticipated that Emma existed, let alone that she was trait positive. But between Bree's death and Home Invasion, TAAG was completely safe from the Order.
LaRezisto image puzzle
Solution: As we now know LaRezisto was Claire, who working for a rogue elder, and it's entirely plausible she already knew what the picture was and the entire puzzle was for the benefit of TAAG to make it seem more authentic.
Sarah Getting Away With Jonas
Possible Solution: It's always possible Sarah told the employee she was working with LBL, and not the Order.