I sorta think this page needs some help. that picture hasn't been updated in months and, no offense intended to the designer, is sorta confusing to me. and i think it's great to deal with the canonicity of different parts of lg15, but it seems like it could be done more concisely. Does anyone else agree? I don't want to storm in here and rewrite a page if everybody likes it as is. --Phunck! 00:08, 2 February 2007 (CST)
- Have a go at it! You don't need to ask for permission to update things, although it's nice of you to check about the revamp. I think the picture was added because some people were really really having trouble understanding the OpAphid deal, so they kinda made the little graphical representation. It's a good idea in principle, but yeah, prob not the best looking one in practice. If you're handy with graphics, it'd be great if you came up with something nicer =) Thanks for pitching in.
- OwenIsCool 01:22, 2 February 2007 (CST)
- Please, Phuncknasty, go ahead and rework. I went ahead and got rid of the picture for you!--JayHenry 11:56, 2 February 2007 (CST)
Maybe have a list of canon characters on this page?
- i was thinking it would be great to have a graphic showing the conon characters.......and that would be the centre......and then we could have the non canon characters outside the center .........with the distance away from the centre reflection how close the are to "canon"..........but i have not had time to create it.--modelmotion 22:42, 26 November 2006 (CST)
Ok, i took a stab at a simple way of doing it. Lets see how that goes over.--modelmotion 22:51, 26 November 2006 (CST)
- With Trust Issues, it is now confirmed that Jonas is canon. I changed the lists to reflect that, as well as adding a list called "Confirmed Characters". The graphic, however, still needs updating.--Jonpro 10:08, 29 November 2006 (CST)
- graphic updated--modelmotion 20:58, 29 November 2006 (CST)
Out of curiosity, how do you come up with nikkibowerreport as a "probable" character. The member directory analysis certainly points in the opposite direction. Treefunk 23:24, 29 November 2006 (CST)
- the member directory is just a theory. and there's plenty of reason to suspect nikki. for one thing, she actually found something at topanga canyon. and she's funny and cute, the perfect character. i think there are more reasons on her page.--Skeeta 20:51, 30 November 2006 (CST)
oh and by the way, i love that orange slurpee is listed as a character. --Skeeta 20:52, 30 November 2006 (CST)
- I think "probable" is about right for now. As time goes on characters will be bumped up or bumped down as new material is added. It will always be a subjective decision but everyones input is welcome!--modelmotion 21:25, 30 November 2006 (CST)
Where is Iris2009 in all of this?! He is a Spinoff..--Iris2009
- I believe this page is meant to cover some of the more significant spinoffs, as well as speculate about which ones might actually be affiliated with the production. It does not attempt to include every spoof and spinoff of Lonelygirl15 (can you imagine if it did?). Iris2009 is still quite new, but time will tell if it fits in somewhere in this article. In the meantime, I would just work on the spinoff videos per se a little more and see where things go from there. OwenIsCool 21:39, 30 November 2006 (CST)
I Agree.. I Hope to see what Iris2009 will become.....--Iris2009
- If it become a major part of the "comments culture" it will be included. The reason that Orange is included is that there have been some suggestion that certain references were made to Orange within some of the videos. --modelmotion 21:47, 30 November 2006 (CST)
I thought that OpAphid's relation to the series has always been confirmed. The Creators stated that OpAphid is officially connected to LG15, but is not directed by the Creators. --Treefunk 01:26, 1 December 2006 (CST)
- I think that's why the OpAphid bubble is connected to the lonelygirl15 bubble, without actually being the same bubble. So the series are officially related, but they are still different series.
OwenIsCool 01:29, 1 December 2006 (CST)
- If that is the case, shouldn't the Cassie bubble be disengaged from the OpAphid and LG15 bubbles? It has been officially disavowed. --Treefunk 14:23, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- My initial point was more directed to the fact that OpAphid and Tachyon are listed as possible characters. But since they are mentioned in Bree's & Daniel's videos, but officially acknowledged as being developed by an outside source, they cannot be possible characters. They are confirmed characters. But it's a trickier question as to whether we can consider them canonical, since they are not developed by The Creators. Maybe create a separate section on this page for the official, but non-canonical OpAphid ARG? --Treefunk 14:23, 2 December 2006 (CST)
Ok, I added the ARG section. Note that both the Lonelygirl and the ARG bubbles are the only ones with headers. And you are right the overlap is intended to suggest some sort of association. When a character goes from non-canon to canon their inidividual bubble will disappear and they will be engulfed by the main bubble.--modelmotion 15:30, 2 December 2006 (CST)
The subject of Cassies is a big trickier. I believe there was an association with OpAphid so that overlap is correct. However it is true that the Creators distanced themselves from Cassie. The reason it shows a minor overlap at the moment is that their was a perceived relationship and that relationship had a profound impant on the Breeniverse. Now as Nikki Bower moves closer to Canon her bubble will also overlap and that may well take place before she is officially canon. We have no reason to believe that the Creators will tell us the absolute truth and its not impossible that Cassies could be resurected by popular demand. Hence at this state I am reluctant to pull her bubble completely outside of the LG. Thats the rational at least....but the idea here is to read your comments and then make a value judgement. I also think we could discuss some of these topics in the list below if we want to really clarify what the graphic is attempting to represent.--modelmotion 15:37, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- We should definitely have some discussion of why characters are categorized the way they are. That's why I asked my question about Nikki Bower--I only have heard the rationale for why she's not canon. I'll work on adding commentary for the ARG section now. --Treefunk 18:42, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- I'm going to create a section below for aggregating information that bears on canon status in this talk. I think this is a very important issue for LGPedia to deal with since fans ask/debate about it so often without all the facts in front of them. --Treefunk 19:17, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- Any idea why Tachyon is not listed on the main page. There is a link to OpAphid ARG but thats all i see there.--modelmotion 18:46, 2 December 2006 (CST)
For the meantime, I'm going to cut out the ARG categories we're not using--until we actually get some characters to put in there. --Treefunk 19:40, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- I'm also going to cut the "Possible Characters" section for the time being, since it's empty. --Treefunk 15:03, 9 December 2006 (CST)
Dear Fans, We want to clarify the connection between OpAphid and lonelygirl15. Simply put, OpAphid is supplemental material that adds to the lonelygirl15 experience. It is not required viewing. If you watch lonelygirl15, you will experience an engaging, compelling story, full of plot twists and character development. You will not be left out if you choose not to play the OpAphid game (the official ARG). If you choose to play the game, it will provide you with a much deeper experience and allow you to solve puzzles. We are trying to appeal to a broad swath of fans... both casual viewers, and hardcore gamers. We think we can do both. If you are not up to speed with OpAphid or ARG's, feel free to catch up in the forum. Email any of us anytime with questions (Miles in particular is happy to talk at length about how cool OpAphid and the new site features are). Enjoy! The Creators
Here is what The Creators have said in the forums: >>>>>>>>>>>> “Dear Fans, We want to clarify the connection between OpAphid and lonelygirl15. Simply put, OpAphid is supplemental material that adds to the lonelygirl15 experience…. This was a 100% fan created ARG. We liked it so much that we decided to contact the creator and make it the official LG15 ARG.” >>>>>>>>>>>> -from www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3152 twjaniak also wrote that: >>>>>>>>>>>> “Don’t be so presumptuous. Whoever said OpAphid = the Creators?” “OA is the same person (or persons) that he/she/they ever was/were. That hasn’t change and no one tells OA what to say.” >>>>>>>>>>>> -from lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3140
Before officially acknowledged, many users thought Jonas was an official character because of his videos' high production value and editing style. This kind of unlikely and dramatic detail also pointed to Jonas being canon (although something like that is not something that couldn't happen to a character outside of the Lonelygirl15 story).
In Bree's Thanksgiving video she acknowledged Jonas: "Well, I feel silly. I thought about what you said, Jonas, and I realized I've been taking Daniel for granted. . . Thank you for reminding me what's important." This reference convinced many that he was canon, and this was confirmed with the release of Trust Issues on November 29, 2006 as an official lg15 video. This is similar to the way Gemma was brought into the story.
When the first Gemma video appeared, it was unknown whether or not the character was an official part of the Breeniverse or just a fan video. The editing style in Gemma's videos is similar to the editing in the lonelygirl15 videos. The actress that plays Gemma was quickly identified through MySpace.com as an aspiring actress named Jackie, a pal of Jessica Lee Rose in real life. This connection convinced many that Gemma was canon.