here's a funny one: .
could we maybe separate comedy from the rest?
- Interesting. I think LG has begun to create its own "legends". We will just have to see how they develop.--modelmotion 23:41, 26 November 2006 (CST)
- I agree I think some reorganization could be helpful. I define spinoff as a story that independently is being told within the Breeverse, OpAphid and HSA would qualify. Although I suppose OpAphid is official now. Nikki Bower, Paul and Andrea would be examples of unofficial characters that comment on the Breeverse. There are also people who aren't characters that comment on the Breeverse. You'd also have to add comedy. I'm not sure how relevant CiW even is anymore. The tricky thing is there are some who cross over to more than one category. Maybe the title on the Main Page should just be Fan Contributions with subheadings for pages for Official Spinoffs, Unofficial Spinoffs, Unofficial Characters commenting on LG15, Bloggers commenting on LG15, Comedy and Other Fanfic. --Immortal1 18:15, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- we could have "spinoffs" and "spoofs." --126.96.36.199 01:08, 15 March 2007 (CDT)
I think one of the hardest parts of dealing with this particular sort of information is that the spinoffs are becoming quite prolific, and they are not only of a variety of different types (comedy/analysis/faux-documentary/ARGs), but sometimes their source is varied. OpAphid itself was originally a spin-off of CassieIsWatching, I believe, but now is part of the official Breeniverse. NikkiBowerReport seems to be mainly based on the lg15 videos, but comments on OpAphid material, and has questionable roots. (In particular, why was Nikki the first one to show us the Watcher sign if she's unaffiliated?) This page definitely needs organization, but on what basis, and how do we all decide what belongs here and does not? (On a related note, this should be moved to Fanfic, dropping the "other" part of the title; or maybe Spin-offs?) --Brucker 15:04, 28 December 2006 (CST)
- I think the title "Spin-offs" would best serve the lg15 community and the lg15 producers' call for fan interaction. Fan-ficition seems to be a word already used in the world for mainly written pieces. The ability to offer response videos or fan-created material seems to be an important part of this lg15 experiment. Perhaps because OpAphid is called the "Official Spin-off" (as it was a fan-created spin-off that was picked up by the producers), fan-created material could simply be coined "Unoffical Spin-offs" or something to that nature. Perhaps if someone began writing stories or scripts based on the exploits of lg15, these written works of fiction could be called "FanFic." Am I making sense? Ogog 13:31, 1 January 2007 (CST)
I just filled in descriptions for breeniverse fan-creatd series. After some research, I will add descriptions to fan-created series commenting on cassieiswatching. Ogog 13:31, 1 January 2007 (CST)
I just put the links back into the quote by the creators. Since they used the two examples of lonesome october and greystoke in their quote, I feel it's fair to leave them in the quote. If someone feels differently, please explain. I am still learning the rationales behind wikis and the LGPedia. Thanks Ogog 16:50, 7 January 2007 (CST)
Phil and Deacons (commenter)
Apparently there is some disagreement about which series/responses should be included in this section. Let's try to discuss it here rather than having an edit war.
- I don't see why we can mention some single-video parodies, but not the PhilFlash ones. Ok, we don't have to call it a series. I haven't seen them myself, but I don't understand the problem. As to the Deacons poster, it's fanfic like any other and has more of a following than some video series. They are not long gone and have posted in response to the Bree And I Hooked Up video. What are the reasons for not including these two? OwenIsCool 19:33, 16 January 2007 (CST)
- I don't see why we should mention any single-video parodies, as I deleted them all and you brought them back. If you include those random single-video ones, then don't you have to include every single video that relates to lg15 as well? I don't see any difference between one of those and the many other single-video responses which are made daily.
I feel other fanfic should only refer to series, as they are something special being that they are completely dedicated to lg15 and have spent time making various ones. I am also against the link to Phil's youtube as he has hundreds of videos, meaning you can't find the particular lg15-related one. 188.8.131.52 19:45, 16 January 2007 (CST)
- Just because we include some single-video entries doesn't mean we have to include all of them. We're not even listing all the series, it's just a selection in both cases. You're right, there's a large amount of entire series commenting, and then there are many more single-video comments, some of which are notable as well. For instance, have you seen Deemontreal's video? This is one of those you wanted to remove at first, but talk about some special that was completely dedicated to lg15! These guys made an excellent mock-up of Bree's room and filmed a music video of an original song about the series. The page could probably stand to be organized better, but I don't think deleting links to vids is the solution. One of the reasons we moved this list of fanfic over from the main page to its own article was so we would have added room and freedom to list more of them.
- OwenIsCool 23:56, 16 January 2007 (CST)
Fan Video Producer Userboxes!
Thanks to LordGreystoke422 for the suggestion (I'm pretty sure it was his idea):
--Brucker 18:24, 7 February 2007 (CST)
Very nice! Now, how about making one for those of us who have made nothing and want to poke fun at ourselves? OwenIsCool 18:36, 7 February 2007 (CST)
All better? --Brucker 19:02, 7 February 2007 (CST)
Death answered my question!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFOi4W7rSiE This makes me feel so much more special than having my fan videos watched. I mean, assuming anyone actually watched them... --Brucker 11:27, 12 February 2007 (CST)
I do and i like them --Iris2009 12:01, 12 February 2007 (CST)
Anybody else think this page should be called "Fanfic", or "Fanfiction" instead of "Other fanfic"? It could be slightly expanded to include mention of the more prominent series (with links to their respective articles) and to give a basic overview of the concept of fanfic and its role in the Breeniverse. It just doesn't make too much sense to have a page called "Other fanfic" without an original "Fanfic" page. OwenIsCool 16:31, 18 February 2007 (CST)
- I agree and since no one has said otherwise, I think you are justified in doing it right away, as long as you link the old page to the new one.Misty 13:27, 19 March 2007 (CDT)
- True, this has been beaten to death. I think that the title "Spin-offs" is preferred (form previous discussions elsewhere on this Talk page), but since the term "spin-off" is so broad, I'm going to use a more specific title: "LG15 Spin-offs". If there is disagreement about whether to keep the LG15, or whether to spell it "spinoffs" sans hyphen, we can always modify that later. OwenIsCool 16:16, 19 March 2007 (CDT)
Has there been established that there is a separate univere that the cassie videos operate in?? I haven't found any other references to CsssieWorld other than this article. I think that Cassiworld should be replaced with Breeniverse in the table Misty 16:30, 18 March 2007 (CDT)
Who can add shows? Which shows can be added?
I was wondering if it's kosher for creators of spin-offs to add their own spin-offs to the list on this page? Would that be seen as advertising/self-promotion? Also, is there criteria for adding a spin-off to this page? Does it have to have a certain amount of views/fans/etc. before it's eligible to be added to this page? --Bubbleteagirl 01:10, 2 April 2007 (CDT)
I went ahead and updated the page. Hopefully its okay, although I do have a copy of the previous version saved if people don't like it. I tried to add descriptions for the video series that were lacking them, but I generally fail at understanding ARGs and the likes, so there are def. still some left blank. I'd love to hear feedback on the changes though!! --Zoey 22:27, 14 April 2007 (CDT)
- Great job. I was thinking of doing something like that, but I wasn't sure how to organize it. -misty 01:14, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
Will there be another clean up soon?
Need to list current and defunct
I don't like how the character section lists every spin-off ever and without regard as to whether they exist or not. The highly questionable as even being a spin-off to begin with, the Deacons, who of course haven't been seen since last year, get second billing due to this system. I feel that characters who haven't had any activity for a certain amount of time, likely a few months, should be moved to a defunct section while all current fanfic remain on top since that is presumably what should be at the forefront. 184.108.40.206 23:30, 30 June 2007 (CDT)
the series should be in the fanfic thing