|Date Posted||June 22nd, 2007|
|URL|| youtube.com |
|Description|| So we went to talk to that lady Jonas met at the club... she had some pretty important information.|
|Location(s)|| The Mistress's apartment|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 bree daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko sarah|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Production Assistant(s)|| Ian Schwartz|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Vidplay|| Ross Berger|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, Jan Libby, Ross Berger and Jake Coburn|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Music Supervisor|| Seth Jacobs|
|The Mistress||Kendra Jaymes|
|Previous||"FOLLOW YOUR HAPPINESS"|
|Next|| "In (Search of) sanity..."|
|Previous by Daniel|| "Sweating Bullets"|
|Next by Daniel||"Rockin' the Boat"|
Jonas: Hey D, we rollin'?
Daniel: Yeah, we're rolling.
Daniel: No, man, I have no idea.
Jonas: Here's what I, here's what I will say is that now we are incredibly worried now that she's... just seems so willing to go along with their crap! It's ridiculous. Anyway, Dan, Daniel is pissed, because I mean he put so much time and so much effort into a YouTube account, only to have their goons come along and use it to troll for new victims. It's... (He rubs his forehead.) But it doesn't matter, because you changed the passwords, right?
Daniel: Right, man. H of O can get their own YouTube account.
Jonas: Exactly. Look, here's the good news. We're here at the health club owner's apartment.
Sarah: Otherwise known as the Mad Scientist's mistress.
Jonas: Yeah, well, we don't know that for sure.
Sarah: Why else would she have said she couldn't talk to us at the health club?
Jonas: I don't know. Anyway, I told her about Bree, I told her about the Order and all this craziness and she told us to come here, so here we are. You ready? (The sound of something metal dropping to the ground is audible in the background.)
Daniel: Let's go.
Sarah: Let's do it.
Jonas: Let's get some answers. (Cut to Jonas and Sarah in front of a wooden door labeled "101". Jonas knocks on the door. After a moment, Sarah knocks again, this time loudly, using the door knocker.) Stop, I just knocked.
Sarah: Why are you whispering?
Jonas: Maybe we should turn the camera off.
Sarah: Calm down.
The Mistress: (from behind the door) Come in. (They walk through the doorway and across some white tile into a living room.)
Sarah: (mouths at the camera) Oh my God!
The Mistress: (seated in front of a window, with her face in shadow) I would really appreciate if you, you couldn't see my face. Is, is it better if I lean back?
Daniel: Right there's fine.
The Mistress: Well, I guess I'm kinda mostly secretive about this because um, just merely out of habit, but whatever happened to Isaac, after that I'm, I'm really worried. Are you sure I can't get you kids something to drink?
Jonas: No, we're fine. Thank you, though.
Sarah: Um, just so we're all clear here, you and Dr. Gilman were hooking up.
The Mistress: Well, it was a little bit more than hooking up, I mean, uh, we were together for over ten years, and he spent as much time as he could in this apartment. It, it was our home.
Sarah: But he had another home.
The Mistress: He did, but his life with her, his wife, was, was pretty horrific.
Sarah: Why didn't he just, um, get a divorce?
The Mistress: Well, it was a little bit more complicated than that, but mostly it was for financial reasons.
Jonas: Listen, did Dr. Gilman ever talk to you about Bree or her dad?
The Mistress: No, not directly, um, just a minute, I'll be right back. (She gets up and leaves the room.)
Sarah: (whispering) God, it would suck to be a mistress.
Jonas: Shhhhh... shh.
The Mistress: (sits back down with an answering machine in her hands.) This is all I have left of Isaac. (She presses play on the tape.)
Drew: Isaac, it's Drew Avery. I have Bree here with me now. She's ready for her final injection. I was wondering if you--
Isaac: Hello? Drew. Hey Drew, I'm here. You found her?
Drew: Yeah, she's with me now.
Isaac: Listen, if I leave now, we can meet in Mission Viejo. You wanna do dinner?
Drew: Um, let me talk to Bree.
Isaac: Listen, I'm taking my son Spencer out to celebrate the new year. I'd love for him to meet Bree. Her love of science actually reminds me a lot of Spence when he was her age. Who knows, maybe Spencer can mentor Bree.
The Mistress: Isaac left here at 3:15 to go pick up Spencer. Around 3:30 his car plowed through a guardrail on the 5, and he died. He never made it to Spencer's.
Sarah: I'm sorry.
Jonas: Yeah, I'm really sorry.
The Mistress: Thanks.
Daniel: Wait, that was December 31st of this year?
The Mistress: Yes.
Jonas: Oh my... Bree's dad, Drew? He died the same day.
- This video confirms the death of Isaac Gilman, squashing rumors that he would be the "22-year-old scientist who helps the series' lead characters create a serum in order to thwart an evil org known as the Order" as arranged in the Neutrogena deal. However, the rumored scientist is later revealed to be his son, Spencer.
- It is quite apparent that the Creators chose to name Bree's dad Drew Avery as a nod to Nikki Bower. Nikki's video The Last Hours of Bree's Dad's Life - NBR 9 called for her viewers to submit names for Bree's dad, since his name had never been mentioned. luv2skydive submitted the name Drew Avery, and Nikki chose it in Naming Bree's Dad.
- Daniel made a mistake when he said "... that was December 31st of this year?". Technically speaking he should have said last year. December 31st of that year (2007) had yet to occur.
- The 'final injection' Drew and Issac were discussing was presumably to make Bree trait negative, so the Order wouldn't want her.
- The "101" on the door to The Mistress's apartment could be a sly reference to the 101 used in introductory courses in the US education system, referring to the fact that The Mistress was giving them "basic, introductory information" about Isaac Gilman and Drew Avery. It may also be a reference to Room 101 in George Orwell's 1984. Room 101 was where the most unspeakable events occurred, based on the person who was in the room. "101" was also used in the title of the video "Interrogation 101" where Daniel had Jonas tied up and interrogated, as it was suspected he might have been connected with the Order.
- There is a piece of paper on the floor by Jonas's driver seat that could be one of the actor's script.
- The Mistress could be regarded as a feminst character.