Non-active editorThis user is no longer active on LGPedia.
Leave me a message by clicking on the + icon at the top of the page.
Hey, Dharmabum. I guess you like LOST, huh? Me too... I'm obsessed. http://www.losttheblog.blogspot.com is my LOST website... check it out!
I see you're really booking on a lot of necessary administrative edits, and you seem to know what you're doing. Is there anything you're working on with which I can help?
Glad to have you here! As you can tell, I have no clue how to Admin a wiki, but the great about it is having people like you with more experience here to help out. I will try the signature now Admin 18:16, 30 September 2006 (PDT)
Happy to help... I've been a fan of YouTube for a long time. I first got into this back in July, when I saw LG's 'boy problems' video and went to see if she had a wikipedia page. I'm an occasional wikipedian, and the debate there was ridiculous, but got me hooked on the series.
--JayHenry 14:23, 1 October 2006 (PDT)
Left a comment at Talk:Grant_Steinfeld -- food for thought...
Can we IP Ban the Cassie vandal? Same guy has ruined the page twice.--JayHenry 13:08, 2 October 2006 (PDT)
What's Fair Game?
How closely related to LG15 must a topic be for an article to be allowed in LGpedia?(Free-association can take one very far afield,I hope rules are not too strict but expect to find limits somewhere).
I did a LOT of work on Wikipedia before walking out at the start of this year (partly because those of us who object to registered accounts were made second-class citizens,mostly because my preferences as to the format and scope of two articles I created from nothing in an area where I am an internationally recognized expert were ignored).I'd seen a number of other good people quit in disgust before I did.--L.E./firstname.lastname@example.org/184.108.40.206 21:25, 3 October 2006 (PDT)
I would suggest a common sense rule that articles must be presented within the context of the LG15 video series. For example, an article on William Gibson's "Pattern Recognition" and the similarities between this and LG15, would be good. An article on Cyberpunk literature, would not. A link from "Pattern Recognition" to information on Cyberpunk in Wikipedia or another site would be appropriate. An article on Howard Feynman as he pertains to Lonelygirl15 would be appropriate. An in-depth article on Feynman's work with the Manhattan project would be too much. I think this is an adequate rule. But perhaps you're thinking of articles that don't fit into that context, L.E.?--JayHenry 10:54, 4 October 2006 (PDT)
- What Jay said. :) - Dharmabum420 13:34, 4 October 2006 (PDT)
- Ummm...the physicist was RICHARD Feynman...anyhow,I think it's good to have some background articles on occult matters and surrounding culture so that people have a context in which to place things of that nature alluded to in the videos.--L.E./email@example.com/220.127.116.11 15:42, 4 October 2006 (PDT)
- Definitely, I just don't expect the depth of such articles to be as deep as they are on a place like Wikipedia... but on the other hand, if they evolved to that depth without the incorporation of copywrighted material, I sure wouldn't stop it. - Dharmabum420 15:57, 4 October 2006 (PDT)
- Wow, that's bad. I confused Richard Feynman and Howard Fineman. Can you tell I live in Washington? To summarize -- Howard Fineman, not okay. Richard Feynman, okay.JayHenry 16:13, 4 October 2006 (PDT)
- Anyway...since the definition of "fair game" is not broad enough to encompass the Qabala Boat Song,my participation in LGpedia concludes with the posting of this comment.--Louis E./firstname.lastname@example.org/18.104.22.168 16:30, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
- Louis, seeing as you are willing to throw away any involvement with LG15 just because your little Qabala Boat Song didn't get included (how ridiculous does this sound reading it now!), I don't think we're losing much with you concluding your contributions here. 22.214.171.124 18:47, 6 October 2006 (PDT)
Thanks for creating the template for us to use! Although, obviously, all the credit for the style goes to you, since I just used the layout from the Main Page. ;) RavensGrace 06:41, 5 October 2006 (PDT)
Hi Dharma. Brucker and I weren't sure what was best to do with all the YouTube tags. I'd suggested having all the tags that were pretty clearly meaningless (silly lame girl dork, etc.) direct to a single page instead of individual pages for each one. If it turns out that "lame" becomes a clue, we could add a link at that point. But what do you think? It's going to take a fair amount of rote work either way, so figured we ought to pick a way and decide.--JayHenry 17:42, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
- I created a category, which seems the reasonable thing to do, but maybe I'm overzealous?--Brucker 18:18, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
- I agree. it's just stupid having a million two sentence long pages.
Hi I thought we could use this template for the admins on here do you like it?
i'm possibly doing a book report on dharma bums. is it a good book? it would be good to have someone's opinion.
Help with formatting and finishing touches
I'm fairly new at this wiki thing, but I want to do I good job where I can =) I've been working on the Watcher article, but I could use some help. modelmotion has also been contributing, but I think we need someone with a little more experience to really make it a quality article. I'm thinking it could make good use of a template or a table to summarize some of the Watcher information, but I don't really know how to do it. Also there is a lot of information on there that does not come directly from the series. Some of the sources are legit, but others I'm not so sure about. I was wondering what would be the best way to address that additional information; some of it could be useful or of interest to people. If you have any tips, I'd love to hear them, or you're free to directly edit the page yourself (of course!). I don't have anything going on in my talk page right now, but I think you can post there if you want to leave me a message, right?
Hey there. I just recenetly logged onto the wiki to discover the main page completely out of wack. It appeared that there were HTML tags everywhere, and the entire page was completely destroyed. I reverted it, and I also added the vandal template to their userpage (not their talk page, I hope this is okay). This is because after I went back and viewed the histories more closely, I realized that he was just trying to add a ton of spam links to the main page. This is the spammed history page, and the version after that seems to be just someone trying to add a plea for someone to fix it. I'm not sure if there's anything that you want to do, but I figure I would mention it anyways.
New Simple Page for Newcomers
I have just created a very simple and friendly page for newcomers. I also have created a "catch up" page at the request of fan Forgotten Purity. Many people are gone on vacation for a long time and they have a difficult time catching up. So, I created a brief summary of things for them. This is something I hope to continue. I just wanted you to know about it. The main page is very overwhelming looking, even to me. New fans don't read the LGpedia much. Instead, they ask the same sorts of questions over and over. I am including links to these pages in my signature, so that new people or people who need a "catch up" can get one. Please add to, edit, or advise me in this project as needed. Thank you!!!!
(This links to the newcomer page at the top!)