Hey, just saw that you've now made 200 edits. Thanks for all the hard work! You ought to put a little something on your user page.--JayHenry 13:17, 13 December 2006 (CST)
- 1 Categories
- 2 Redirects
- 3 Welcome...
- 4 Beach Bum?
- 5 Facility J
- 6 Bot
- 7 bitsie
- 8 previous and next by ...
- 9 Images
- 10 Contacting You
- 11 Banning 205.188.116.*
- 12 lost work
- 13 Helping Out
- 14 redesign
- 15 Your status update
- 16 Question for Miles
- 17 Is it True
- 18 KateModern Video Blog Template
- 19 Lonelygirl15 Missions or Maybe another name
- 20 Bot
- 21 There i Put it on Lucy's Balcony
- 22 This is Gunna Sound Stupid...
- 23 The Ceremony (ritual)
- 24 User:220.127.116.11
- 25 LGBot
- 26 Link
- 27 Re:Wikibox edits
- 28 Thanks!
- 29 Reply to comment
- 30 Thanks
- 31 Goodbye... For Now Talk Page
- 32 Portal Redesign to Get Rid of Gina
- 33 Vandal
- 34 Delete page
- 35 Yet Another Vandal
- 36 Front Page
That userbox was also made with you in mind. Glad you liked it! OwenIsCool 18:03, 17 February 2007 (CST)
Whoa, I didn't realize my moving the ceremony page would cause so many double redirects and such. Thanks for getting those! OwenIsCool 17:47, 18 February 2007 (CST)
- Why redirect the Strange Tag pages? Did I miss a discussion? -BRUCKER (Home/Talk/Contribs) 19:01, 7 March 2007 (CST)
... to the admin club. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. --JayHenry 14:06, 8 March 2007 (CST)
-- Well, Daniel's new video is up on Revver. I also had started the video thread for it. (Also, when I get a new message like this, do I add it to the talk page of the User who sent it to me or what?)
- No problem. It happened yesterday too with "Sorry Jonas"--Chelseyrl 5:08pm, 8 March 2007 (CST)
Thanks for letting me know about the history part. I'm a wiki noob, and there is much I don't know. One of our team members was working on a recap that wasn't full fleshed out yet. Also, I had set up several links with xxx's as markers for her to fill in the blanks. She had wanted to add some content, and didn't know how, so I was trying to teach her. Maybe this isn't good wiki protocol, I don't know, but It was the only way I could think to do it without doing it for her. Any way, I know your intentions are good. And I know the risks of being edited mercilessly, so it's all good :) - Luminous
How does the bot work exactly? Do you pick the pages it edits or does it find them automatically? --JayHenry 23:03, 14 March 2007 (CDT)
- Cool, thanks for the explanation. It looks like it's a real shame that we didn't think of doing this earlier! The whole lonelygirl15.com site has been really crawling for me. It seems to be faster now so I'll try to authorize it right now. --JayHenry 23:34, 14 March 2007 (CDT)
hey, any reason you removed the external links?--Skeeta 01:53, 15 March 2007 (CDT)
previous and next by ...
*looks at recent changes*
You know, this kind of stuff is exactly the reason there's a "bot" flag...
Thanks for the tip. I wondered how others could upload and categorize simultaneously! I'll cast my eyes over the various location pages some time... The little galleries in the discussion pages are a nod to the triple thumbnails you get on the "All Comments" sections on YouTube. It provides a nice header for a mostly textual page. Glad you like them. Psmith 18:01, 5 April 2007 (CDT)
About the Bunker discussion page Missour Jonpro, I wanted the image to show; I did a screen capture. also, while i'm at it, i think i cought a good screen shot for "They seem a little rough... but they're not so bad". http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/Nieriel_Manwathiel/bree2.jpg sorry; i need to learn how to do images!! --Nieriel.Manwathiel
Hey, I was just wondering if there was some way I could contact you off the wiki? I've got some ideas on how to help you with things, etc. but I dont really want to have to deal with a billion back/forth public posts. So uh... I dont really know how to ask this without coming off as a stalker... but is there some other way to contact you? An AIM/MSN/YIM... or even an e-mail address? Something we could do more... "privately" and quickly. Thanks. --Zoey 00:21, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
- Yeah, when you're on my user page you can click on "E-mail this user" on the left menu. That will open up a form where you can send me an email. Really, though, if it's stuff related to the wiki, it's probably best to talk about it somewhere here. You can leave a message on my talk page or on the talk page of the article that you want to work on or at LGPedia:Lucy's Balcony or wherever. That's not to say I don't want you to email me (that's perfectly fine), but if it's something that other people might want to weigh in on, you should probably do it here.--Jonpro 00:27, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
- Ah okay no, I do know to generally contact publically. This was more related to some of the things I noticed you were personally working on and how I could help. I figured specifics might just take up other people's times :P So yeah, I'll send you an e-mail tommorow. Thanks. --Zoey 01:26, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
- Ok, cool. Thanks.--Jonpro 01:31, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
JonPro, rather than banning each individual IP that he uses to vandelize with, how about banning the whole 205.188.116.* subnet. I don't think we have any other users that would block -misty 19:25, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Hmm, is that even possible? I'm not sure if it is. And even then, it's probably best to only block IPs that actually vandalize. It's not that hard to revert edits and block individual users.--Jonpro 19:35, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Yes, you can ban ranges of IPs with *s. I've had to do it for some forums I run a couple of times. Normally I'd say to ban them individually.. but this person does seem to have some sort of vendetta against you.. maybe you should just ban the range? Just a thought :P --Zoey 20:19, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- It's a tempting idea, but remember he's been using many different IPs, including many that are not in the 205 range at all. It's quite easy to use the internet through a proxy, although it does slow down your connection a lot. I think blocking IP ranges would not stop him, while still limiting access to honest people that won't understand why they can't edit. Jonpro rocks and no loser with a lame vendetta against him can change that. OwenIsCool 20:49, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Ah, thanks OiC. I actually find this person kind of amusing. I can't think of many things more pathetic than picking on a person he doesn't even know over the Internet for no apparent reason. Anyway, good idea Misty, but I think OiC makes a good point.--Jonpro 21:22, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Just being silly, sorry! --Milowent 22:12, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- gaw, we <3 Jonpro. May I say that you've handled this extremely professionally and have been very mature about it. I don't want to bring more attention to the issue than necessary, but that had to be said. OwenIsCool 23:29, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Just being silly, sorry! --Milowent 22:12, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
your little minor edit on the character redesign caused me to loose over a half hour of work, how do I prevent edit conflicts?
Thanks, that will be of help. I wish I knew of the inuse template before -misty 12:04, 6 May 2007 (CDT)
OK, if you guys are happy with me helping out "whenever you can and that's all you can do" then I'm happy. Just give me some notice as to when you switch it on and some sort of tutorial on the new functions would be useful. Oh and thanks for the kind comments! Psmith 18:40, 9 May 2007 (CDT)
LOL: I just made the template. - I would like to make this universal. I think the bot could accomplsh that easily: insert:
at the top of each page, and replace
== <title> ==
-misty 12:13, 12 May 2007 (CDT)
- I think it will look really good on the video pages, with a little work. check out Redesign test. it's a little beyond me to figure out how to fix the spacing problem but maybe you know what to do. -misty 15:15, 12 May 2007 (CDT)
Another problem that I just discovered: when I click on the edit link in the subheader tit brings up a blank edit box. before i turned it into a template it brought up the source in the edit box. -misty 21:25, 12 May 2007 (CDT)
Your status update
Aw, Jon, I've been wondering where you went! Hope everything in your new "status" is a happy thing though. And uh, don't go totally vanishy on us... we neeeeed you xP. Hehe. --Zoey 00:17, 24 May 2007 (CDT)
- Awww, thanks Zoey. And yeah, everything's going good... it's more just that I won't be able to get on the computer as much as I used to. And no worries about me leaving completely, I'll always be hanging around and scanning recent changes if nothing else. Anyway, I'm glad you think you need me, and the same right back to you :).--Jonpro 00:53, 24 May 2007 (CDT)
Question for Miles
If we're supposed to conjure up a new design, it'd help to know the colorscheme they're going to use for KateModern.
Is it True
That lgpedia is looking for new admins. Not that i want it but there are people that i want to have that position. Such as Misty or SilverBullet. Houdini 01:34, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
- I don't think your opinion alone is decisive for who's becoming an admin here and who doesn't.
- Zoey addressed your "nominations" on your talk page already. The fact that you are trying to play one admin against another only gives them more reason not to trust your nominations.
- I agree, Renegade. And I think Zoey summed it up pretty well on your talk page, Houdini. I suggest you read that.--Jonpro 15:47, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
hey i didn't see that message until after i wrote this message so renegade i am not trying to play them against eachother and jonpro i saw it and zoey i'm sorry
KateModern Video Blog Template
On the template, because i don't know how to do this can you make it so that the forum links are KateModern forum links, because it links to the posts on Lg15's forum. - Houdini
- Okay, Houdini, relax please. There is a lot of stuff that needs changing over with the redesign, and it is being done as fast as we can manage. These things take time, as it is such a massive project, so just be patient and trust that we won't forget about anything. (And if we do, well, wait to make sure that we're actually DONE before pointing it out. If we are, THEN feel free to post your concerns.) But pointing out ALL of the things that need to be done atm = not helpful. Like I said, massive project, working on getting everything done as soon as we possibly can. --Zoey 00:39, 24 July 2007 (CDT)
Lonelygirl15 Missions or Maybe another name
Hey i think i am going to start a missions page for lgpedia. All the missions for lg15. - Houdini
what i mean is like all the mission BDJ had to go through like capturing jules - houdini
Oh hey Jonpro I saw you made a bot for LG15Pedia I just wanted to know how did you make it?--LB15 19:13, 24 July 2007 (CDT)
There i Put it on Lucy's Balcony
it is right here
This is Gunna Sound Stupid...
So i am getting the idea from two other sites so what. But i tried to talk to Zoey and also Lucy's Balcony and it barely got reactions. So i will try to go to you.
I really want LGPedia to have awards that users can hand out other users for different reasons. I got the idea from wikipedia with their barnstars and lostpedia with their awards. I think we should have the bree award, taylor award, and stuff like that. So lets just say renegade made a great edit then someone can give him an award for making a great edit. --Houdini 22:11, 28 July 2007 (CDT)
- I was going to do it myself, just wondering what you or the others thought of it.--Houdini 12:39, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
The Ceremony (ritual)
Thanks very much, I posted on the discussion page to ask others if they liked it. Do you think it would be safe to take off the under construction tab or wait to ask Zoey first? She put it up.~Nancypants
You don't seriously think that one is a real user, do you? If he wanted to spout random stuff about this "forum" somewhere, he'd do it on the talk page of the main page, and not in the archive of the talk page of the redesign of the main page.
A normal user wouldn't even go there, and a user new enough to post how great this "forum" is probably wouldn't even find that page. Not to mention that the word "forum" in itself is a pretty good indicator it's an automated message.
And if reasonably analyzing it hasn't convinced you, come over here for a second and talk to my very good friend Google.
So hotmail sucks, I just wanted to sure you had gotten my e-mail about LGBot? Thanks. --Zoey 19:08, 24 October 2007 (CDT)
How dare you make my link work properly! Haha, just kidding! Thank you! Oh, and just so you know, it appears that I am now the center of that absurd westside guy's "wrath" as he has devoted a blog to calling me fat, so hey, he might forget about his unhealthy obsession with you! ~Nancy
- Thanks for the tip on signing stuff, I didn't know that! Nancypants 20:12, 9 November 2007 (CST)
Just to let ya know, the extra * in the wikibox template added an extra bullet point on the left side, so it did make a difference. Don't lie to my sister!! hehehe ;) --Zoey 16:56, 11 March 2008 (CDT)
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the welcome and thanks so much for clearing my messy userpage. :D Hey, do you know how to do the cool time signing off thing? Much appreciated. -Neavers
Reply to comment
Just fyi, I replied to your post on User talk:Abslch.
Hey Jon just wanted to say thanks for putting that on the talk page and to let you know that I had no intention of attempting an edit war, I hate those as much as the next guy! Nancypants 21:48, 29 May 2008 (CDT)
Goodbye... For Now Talk Page
Portal Redesign to Get Rid of Gina
What do you know that we don't? I'd at least wait for the obligatory "crying on the beach b/c Gina's dead" video before we just take her off the main characters bar. You know the Creators...nothing is ever confirmed until it's been doubly confirmed. You know what I mean? I could see them going and making Sarah the one that's dead and Gina recovering from the shot. It's unlikely, but there is a chance. Malan70 18:52, 8 June 2008 (CDT)
- Ok this has very little to do with the above discussion but: ROFLMAO obligatory crying on the beach vid! Malan, you're hilarious! Nancypants 22:18, 9 June 2008 (CDT)
- Sorry about that. For some reason, I thought one of you took care of the vandalism department specifically. I didn't know what to do because I've seen such little vandalism here. I guess you guys do a good job! --Malan70 22:08, 26 June 2008 (CDT)
Just wanted to personally come over and thank you for redirecting the page. When I was doing the transcript for the latest video, I realized that was an option but I figured it would be taken care of :) Foreigncandle 17:55, 27 June 2008 (CDT)
Yet Another Vandal
I can't edit the discussion page, but I just wanted to bring up to the admins that in the "New Shows" box it says "LG15: The Resistance will be officially launching on September 20th, 2008. Be sure to check out the portal page for the pre-show activity." As of today, the 23rd I think someone should change the wording. Sorry if this seems useless... eeps!
--Naazuri 23 September 2008 (CDT)
- Thank you so much! I'm ocd about the minor details.
--Naazuri 21:53, 24 September 2008 (CDT)