Firing of Yousef
There's no article per se on the firing rumor/incident. However, you can read about it on Talk:Firing of Yousef. I'm not sure why there is not a formal article about it. The page I gave you is hard to find if you're looking for it. I only happened to stumble across it myself one day when I was just exploring the wiki. Hope this helps.
OwenIsCool 14:23, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- Hey OwenIsCool. I'm going to just go ahead and move the Talk:Firing of Yousef content to Firing of Yousef and see if anyone takes issue. --Treefunk 14:25, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- Uhh, I wouldn't do that unless you have the intention of editing it intensively until it reads like an encyclopedia article... which it definitely doesn't right now. If you don't have a lot of time to devote it, I would simply copy the content over little by little (however much you can edit at the time) so we don't wind up with an unprofessional article page. Also, I wouldn't "move"... that implies deleting the talk page content, which doens't seem fair. OwenIsCool 14:37, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- Sorry for the confusion. I'm not deleting the original content and I am editing it intensively. I'll be done within minutes. --Treefunk 14:39, 2 December 2006 (CST)
I has actually suggested that it become a full article so you have my full support. I think this is an important incident in the history and development of LG. There was originally a linke to the Talk page from Yousef pages but once that was removed the Talk page was difficult to find.--modelmotion 14:46, 2 December 2006 (CST)
- I wasn't implying that you needed anyone's permission to write it. I apologize if it sounded like that. The new page looks really good, btw! OwenIsCool 15:11, 2 December 2006 (CST)
Wow, i am really really really excited. Its goes look great. Great work!--modelmotion 15:17, 2 December 2006 (CST)
Orange slurpee template
omg that's hilarious! OwenIsCool 13:20, 3 December 2006 (CST)
Awesome. --Brucker 13:35, 4 December 2006 (CST)
I think I will also borrow your Osama-- I mean Orange Slurpee template. yay for templates! OwenIsCool 02:31, 8 December 2006 (CST)
Theories and Speculation
The theories and speculation pages you've been working on are great! I've never seen a lot of these theories and I'm really enjoying these pages. Keep up the good work!--JayHenry 22:47, 4 December 2006 (CST)
Hey there. I was recently working on the Bad Decisions article and came across a lot of material relating to fan speculation on the meaning of the wilted rose in Gemma's video. Do you think this might merit its own article within the Theories and Speculation category? After I wrote it, I thought it seemed like too much clutter for the Notes section of that page. I'd be happy to move the content on over there, but since this category was mostly your work thus far, I wanted to make sure this was fitting in with your intentions for it. Lemme know, OwenIsCool 17:14, 6 December 2006 (CST)
- Sounds great to me--I'm pretty excited about the Theories & Speculation category because I think wikis are a great way to share research. I actually have some wild notions of an Academia 2.0, where scholars stop writing separate (tedious) papers and start collaborating on wikis. So, sure go ahead! --Treefunk 17:16, 6 December 2006 (CST)
Hey, you might have seen this already, but I thought I'd mention it. User mofun10801 posted video replies to the Homeless video. One is "The police get Bree and Daniel" and the other is "Police Report Update". The second one is of particular interest because it's about finding tracking devices in P. Monkey. Thought you'd get a kick out of them since you worked so hard on that Tracking Devices article.OwenIsCool 20:19, 7 December 2006 (CST)
Oh, geez, sorry, I just saw it on the list of orphaned pages and didn't even realize it was a joke about people confusing "canon" and "cannon." Please, feel free to recreate. I like it a lot. I've been trying to reduce the amount of orphaned and dead-end pages, but I apologize that I got a little sloppy and deleted a page that existed for a good reason.--JayHenry 12:29, 5 December 2006 (CST)
- On this note, ModelMotion mentioned that there should be a way to overturn deletions, so that work isn't lost. Does this exist? Or will it in the future? --Treefunk 12:31, 5 December 2006 (CST)
- Yeah, when a deleted article is restored its history eventually reappears. For some reason, it doesn't return right away. I guess you already figured this out because you restored the cannon page. Sorry again about that!--JayHenry 13:15, 5 December 2006 (CST)
I would love some help on it! Thank you for coming forward. I see your userpage makes some good use of tables... if you have any suggestions for the soundtrack one, those would be useful. I'm kinda worried that it won't be user-friendly enough that other people will chip in and add songs when we're done bringing it up to date. Maybe there's some way that it could be turned into a template?
As to where to download a song, my thoughts were to see if LG15 supplied any links to the group's webpage (or myspace) and see if the song is avaiable there. For instance, "Up In The Hills" is available for download from the One Block Radius's myspace.
I'm not sure where to stand about downloads from other sides other than the group's official page. I found "Believe Me" from Golden Shoulders on a random mp3 download website... but I'm not sure that's legit :-x However, maybe it would be fine either way considering that LG15 only uses noncopyrighted content... so maybe it's ok to download it for free from anywhere?
Come to think of it, maybe instead of a Download column, we could just have a Webpage column listing their official page or their myspace so that people can read about the band and get music if it's available there. Then we wouldn't have to worry about copyright issues or illegal downloading at all. Do you think this might be better?
Glad to have you on board!
OwenIsCool 19:33, 10 December 2006 (CST)
- The new format looks great! I like it much better, especially since now we don't have to compromise between giving the webpage or the song link. It's all integrated (very elegant). Thanks for all your help. Do you want to put it on the LG15 Music page or its own? I think it's ready to finally have lots of songs added to it!
- I think splitting it up sounds good if you're still up for it. I'm not sure how we would organize the meeting halfway thing though (tables and stuff confuse me...). Ideas? I guess otherwise we can just go in order and put the Template:inuse if either one of us is working on it at the time, so we avoid making conflicting edits.
- I probably will only be around sporadically until after next Monday... finals, blech. I'll try to add stuff to the table, but I might be a little slow. Good luck with your schoolwork too!
- OwenIsCool 09:39, 11 December 2006 (CST)
- Hm, I don't think we really need to delete the current content of that page. Maybe we could make the "soundtrack" the first or last section in there, or provide a link to a separate page. My guess is that if it keeps expanding it will probably need it's own space eventually anyway. OwenIsCool 17:19, 11 December 2006 (CST)
- No, pleeze don't be sapped of your interest in the wiki. We need your formatting wisdom and I can't find all those music linkies by myself! It takes forever... OwenIsCool
- I agree! You've done a lot of great work and we still need you.--JayHenry 08:46, 14 December 2006 (CST)