Worth The Wait?
|Worth The Wait?|
|Date Posted||July 31st, 2007|
We've been here for an hour now, but still can't find the doorbell. Rachel's asking questions, and I don't blame her. I can't keep making up answers on the fly. I think I should tell her what little I know.
It's too dangerous to wait around much longer, so I'm posting this via live upload.
Hopefully we'll see or hear from you soon?
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 bree daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko sarah opaphid tachyon linc lofisyndicate redearth rachel live upload|
|Rachel||Sara E. R. Fletcher|
|OpAphid (voice)||Mari Devincenzi|
|Previous||"Cut To The Chase"|
|Next|| "Remember Me?"|
|Next by Linc||"A Little Help, Perhaps?"|
(Rachel and Linc are standing in a dark alley. Rachel is leaning on Linc's car.)
Linc: Okay, Mr. 15over15, I'm doing a live upload. This is where we are... right now. So, come and get us.
Rachel: How do you even know that we have the right spot?
Linc: We have the right spot. This is where they sent us, this is where we are, this is where they're gonna come and pick us up.
Rachel: (Obviously frustrated) Who is this "they?"
Linc: (Off-camera) It's a stupid nickname, I don't know. Fucking fraction, 15over15's one, so I don't... aah, I don't know. (whispers) Damn it. (back to a regular voice) We're gonna stay here. This is where they sent us. They've been protecting us up to this point. There's no reason for them to bail on us now.
Rachel: So, I'm just supposed to wait here?
Linc: Yes, the smart play is to wait here. The smart play is to not go anywhere.
(Rachel goes off-camera and starts walking away from Linc.)
Linc: Oh, where are you going?
(Camera pans to reveal that Rachel is walking toward a tunnel. She turns around and looks at Linc.)
Rachel: (as she raises her arms in frustration) Somewhere!
(She turns back around and continues walking toward the tunnel.)
Linc: I need you to trust me.
(Rachel turns around again.)
Rachel: I'm supposed to just trust you? I don't even know who you are! You brought me to this fucked-up tunnel!
Linc: (sighs) Please have a little patience.
(Rachel and Linc have reached the beginning of the tunnel.)
Rachel: Well, maybe I would be better off at this point without you!
Linc: Ha ha, with Mr. Blank Face and the guy with the syringe?
Rachel: What's that supposed to mean?
Linc: I have no clue. Ok, well, um...
Rachel: Are we seriously just gonna stand herel?
Linc: Yes, we're gonna stand here, because we walk to the cops, we walk home, who's to say we won't be followed? I know the guy who backed us up earlier. Trusting him is the best idea I've got.
Rachel: Well, I've got a better idea.
Linc: Oh, what's that--
(Rachel turns down the tunnel and starts walking away from Linc.)
(Rachel stops and turns around, furious.)
Linc: Just wait.
Rachel: What? I can't even trust you! I don't even know who you are!
(Linc gradually gets to where Rachel is standing.)
Rachel: Why do you keep following me?
Linc: Look, I wasn't supposed to tell you this, but I really need you to keep an open mind, okay? I'm not clear on the specifics, but... that day in the clinic... you don't really remember it, do you?
(Camera turns around, and Rachel is nowhere to be seen.)
(A scary noise is heard, and the camera turns back around. OpAphid, as seen in DO GO TO GOD, Cassie (for my helper), is seen as smoke blows up from the ground. Camera turns to the left, and another frightening image of OpAphid is seen. Linc then falls to the ground.)
OpAphid: Oh dear.
- There are two theories about what happened with OpAphid.
- The consensus is that Rachel and Linc were gassed, fell to the floor, and OpAphid hijacked the live video feed.
- Another popular theory is that OpAphid is a supernatural being. However, this was seemingly disproven after Glenn Rubenstein announced on his radio show that there were no vampires in Redearth88 and that OpAphid was not a vampire. 
- The script for this video was an outline at best, and because of this, the dialog was largely improvised. Ninety-five percent of Sara's dialog is what was recorded as they shot, but most of Logan's dialog was rerecorded in post-production based on a modified script.
- The disappearance of Rachel in this video was achieved by Sara ducking behind Logan as he turned the camera around while shooting. The OpAphid special effects seen at that time took five days worth of work in post production. 
- The tunnel location was found by Sara Fletcher, who hoped it would meet Glenn's request of a "place with a spooky feeling."