Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[I in APHID][Video][Drop] Lose Something? Serious Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevyfudd
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very exciting, I hope we get to see some pics soon of where they are.
jenlight
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Saffryn did a VERY thorough search of Napa Bowl and nada was found.

Everyone thank her for sitting in traffic and walking around outside with a flashlight and a backpack and NOT getting arrested.

Square one?

--Whistler
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Square one, find razerblade...
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my goodness!!! i am glad i left when i did, that other thread turned into pure madness.

big big props to luv and saffryn <3 you guys rock =)

too bad it's been soooo long since the last drop, everything seems to be utter confusion and chaos now =(

this better be worth it!

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more than likely not a drop. No more gas will we waste, until we get more info.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
pnktinkerbell21
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
This is more than likely not a drop. No more gas will we waste, until we get more info.

Cute quote sexy Dani.

Everyone, we need to regroup and figure this out before running around like chickens with no heads. I know we had a huge long ARG break but we need to remember what rules we have set and what steps we need to take.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ruberic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said this earlier...but here is my thoughts.

This was a teaser vid. We never have had a drop in the middle of a week before...usually always a weekend. Videos used for drops usually gave us a BIT more specific information.

This was not a drop video to me. But a video telling us that they are getting close to Daniel...and she is narrowing things down for us to study.

Just my thougths
Jamidru
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am convinced it is some kind of drop because of this:
"Won't someone be so kind as to go and retrieve this for young Mr. Beast?"

and because the audio during the lists of bowling alleys says: "I think it's clear what your next task is, assuming that you're up to the challenge"

Finally.
I don not think that
"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough." -- John Christian Bovee
is in reference to a past faliure but may possibly be encouraging us through this task.
Ruberic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamidru wrote:
I am convinced it is some kind of drop because of this:

and because the audio during the lists of bowling alleys says: "I think it's clear what your next task is, assuming that you're up to the challenge"

Finally.
I don not think that
"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough." -- John Christian Bovee
is in reference to a past faliure but may possibly be encouraging us through this task.

Jam:

I am reading that second part about "i think its clear what your next task is" as saying "be ready, and go find this once we have more information"

A drop has to be timed VERY carefully so that it is not accidentally game jacked. Someone walking down the street or in the bar saying "wow, what is this?" and walking away with it.

To have a drop so vague makes no sense. To just create a drop, and let it sit there until we can figure out this insane game of "possibilities" doesn't fit with an APG to me.

Also, my point that it is a weekday...and we have never had a drop on a week day.

Just my thoughts.

-Ruberic

P.S. Hopefully I'm wrong...we need action.
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently my computer doesn't love me...

It really wasn't new?

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley

Last edited by Loki on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said somewhere else, from watching that video there's not enough info to go with about retrieving a small package. Even if we could narrow it down to one of the bowling alleys, it could be hidden anywhere. Previous drops have shown us the precise spot, always pointing to a prominent landmark where it was hidden: behind a sign, in some bushes next to a mill door, under a large rock, under a fire escape stairs. This video only gave us a broad, 100-mile long area to be aware of and ready to act upon.

To paraphrase something I heard regarding a previous drop, "if you were planning a stakeout on the oponent's king, where would you place you queen?" and someone wisely replied, "tucked away but ready to attack as many squares as possible." We just sent the queen on a wild goose chase, and got her back home with nothing, a waste of time and effort. I just hope she still has the motivation to go after whatever lead we get in the next couple of days.

I refer you to this old Op email from just before the Pea Soup drop:

I think this video served exactly the same purpose. To allow us to plan in advance for a drop in a broad 100 mile long corridor, with a couple of days before the weekend actual drop so we can think of good excuses to say to our loved ones. I suspect another video this weekend, detailing the precise place for the drop, which will allow us to identify not only which of the 9 bowling alleys to go to, but also what prominent landmark(s) to look for once we get there.

We should have focused on recruiting potential retrievers, planning or avoiding personal commitments for this weekend, coordinating retriever/operator communications, and getting our good night's sleep before it all went down, 'cause we'll probably need it.

Again, I hope Luv and Lad and whoever else is trustworthy and close to the area are ready to act tomorrow, or Saturday, or Sunday. The first drop after becoming canon was expected on Saturday Nov 25 because of a Tachyon profile update. Everyone stayed up until midnight (PST), and when all hope was gone, an OpA login was detected, and sure enough, a video was posted, but it wasn't Tachyon's drop, it was the "babysitting" video. But sure enough, the next day Tach posted her "Mysteries of My Past... Revealed" video pointing us to the drop in Petaluma.

Last edited by deagol on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember though, before it was Tachyon making the drops for us, not Op. For all we know this drop will be different BECAUSE it's Op instead of Tachyon.

deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
New profile text is up on Op's YT account. It reads as follows:

Some can be trusted with a secret, while others obviously cannot.

Do not be so quick to believe everything that you read...

That's been there all the time.
HisGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We keep chatting about "Did Op make a drop?" ... the answer is, based only on what we know, "Daniel dropped something and Op wants us to find it"

It doesn't imply that Op made a drop of any kind- which means this is certainly a horse of a different color, and probably not even remotely along the lines of what we are used to.

We need to think outside the box... for the first time this is a fictional place, for the first time we're looking for something one of the LG15 characters dropped instead of tachy or brother, for the first time we don't have an exact location pinpointed.

Clearly we need to probe deeper... there has to be something else in the vid. I agree with all the fiji-suspicious posters. Maybe we need to take another look.

and by we, i mean you brainiacs- i'm just a lurker Embarassed
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Somehow it never showed up for me before this... it's not my fault... I blame Google...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: