Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIP Anna Nicole Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I guess I was also annoyed by the way Spacie seemed dismissive of "numerous global atrocities," which she probably wasn't being-- it was all just getting heated... but that was also a while ago.

I'm not apologizing again though for misdirecting my anger. It's not like I can go yell at CNN, I just lashed out here-- you admitted you just felt like reiterating, and it needs to end now.

Last edited by PinkoLady on Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa there! Let's not turn this thread into a ping pong match of backhands and return shots. Shake hands and play nice. Wink
agent_fondue
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Whoa there! Let's not turn this thread into a ping pong match of backhands and return shots. Shake hands and play nice. Wink

I wondered how long it would take before a mod noticed...
Sorry trainer. Embarassed

and since I do believe I have exhausted my point I will say adieu.

Vote 'mute in '08! - because Paris Hilton and P. Diddy will both talk about it for months without acctually doing it themselves.

"Celebrate we will for life is short but sweet for certain."
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peace.

And I'm sorry too Trainer--- but this stuff happens.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank folks. You're the best!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is very relevant. It shows exactly how much society has deteriorated into this me, me, me, screw everyone mindset. I mean, the entire situation, from events in her life...people fighting over an innocent baby for the money...people sympathizing with the plight and the people who always say there are bigger events (but they say that about all events...so which are the biggest..)...see, it's all relevant.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:
Like she gave respect to so many others? Please, I'm more concerned about other people dying pretty much anywhere else. There are conflicts going on that people don't even know about--atrocities, tragedies no one gives a shit about, and people are mourning some glorified gold digger who never did anything for anybody.

I don't see any thread that says "RIP hundreds of Haitian children kidnapped, taken into slavery, raped and worked to death in the Dominican Republic."

Why haven't you started a thread with the above title if you are so passionate about it? Don't be all talk and no action, for goodness sake!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh...I'm so sick...if there was a thread for that...someone would be all "what about these people?" "What about this trajedy?" You know what, there are TONS of bad things...and I'm sick of people trying to priotitize who I should feel for. I'm sick of being accused of being vacant and shallow just because I state that I sympathise for someone. I sympathise for a LOT and if someone else is such a great fucking person, then why waste time on a LG15 forum telling people who and what to care about? I'm not going to make a list of every damn tragedy and how I feel for it. I'm not going to be made to feel guilty because I feel sorry for a BABY. I dont' give a flying f**k what country this baby is in or who the mother was. Get over yourselves and stop being twats!

*this mental meltdown brought to you by incompetent mechanics and a shitty week*

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Ugh...I'm so sick...if there was a thread for that...someone would be all "what about these people?" "What about this trajedy?" You know what, there are TONS of bad things...and I'm sick of people trying to priotitize who I should feel for. I'm sick of being accused of being vacant and shallow just because I state that I sympathise for someone. I sympathise for a LOT and if someone else is such a great fucking person, then why waste time on a LG15 forum telling people who and what to care about? I'm not going to make a list of every damn tragedy and how I feel for it. I'm not going to be made to feel guilty because I feel sorry for a BABY. I dont' give a flying f**k what country this baby is in or who the mother was. Get over yourselves and stop being twats!

*this mental meltdown brought to you by incompetent mechanics and a shitty week*

I'm so disappointed.....vacant and shallow are two of my favorite qualities! Evil or Very Mad
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kas-- I know you're not vacant and shallow. What really pisses me off is that things like the DR-Haiti Slave Trade just aren't known. If the media would f*cking cover it-- because there are a crap ton of investigative journalists who's work is blocked for content, I know many of them personally-- then I'm sure there WOULD be a thread about it. Even Darfur isn't getting enough attention from the press, and it IS well known (i.e. people know terrible things are happening in Darfur, but they have no idea what, and how US policy ties into it--for a reason).

Ha, I also think it wouldn't be a bad thing if everyone started listing their own global issue-- at least they'd become known.

At any rate, I'm not all talk and no action-- I mean, maybe I am about creating that thread-- but the reason I got so angry about any of this is because I've spent so much time working on Human Traffiking awareness (and Direct Action), and I know so many people who have dedicated their lives to it, and STILL there's no decent source for people to know about these things-- so they don't.

I've met so many callous people who just gossip about this crap like it means everything, but frankly, I understand that showing sympathy isn't mindless gossiping, which I know is mostly whats going on here. Really, like I said to agent_fondue, I lashed out at the wrong people.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest...I'm all for helping Darfur out...but if I get spammed by someone one more time on MySpace...

PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, like JUST NOW--- auargaghaghhhhhhh

ABC News: "Human Rights watchers are growing increasingly concerned about the state of human sex trafficking in Cambodia, according to Amnesty International.

[some activist]"It's a huge problem, an it doesn't seem to be getting any better."

[Anchor]"Anna Nicole Smith's body will be embalmed today..."

The thing about Smith went on for almost 10 minutes!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. SEX SLAVERY got a blurb!!

THAT is what annoys me, not you guys caring that someone died, and that there baby is now caught in this ugly battle for estate-- really.

It's THAT up there, in the news, just like that.

ARRGH.

Last edited by PinkoLady on Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I'll be honest...I'm all for helping Darfur out...but if I get spammed by someone one more time on MySpace...

Haha... I don't do that, just so you know =P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: