Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jonas CAN'T be evil!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theonlyavalon
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think that the bookmark thing Bree found looks like it was drawn on a piece of cardboard with some magic markers? Why would you have something like that lying around? Where did Bree find it? That's my main question. She didn't see it before, and they've been there a few days, so where was it? I'm going with the Daniel planted it theory. In the last vid Jonas said everything was cool with them, but maybe it was all a plot of Daniel's?

I don't want Jonas to be bad! The Creators are good with coming up with ideas, surely they wouldn't just recycle the Gemma plot? I agree that the thing with his parents is fishy, so I'll let them be part of the Order, but not Jonas! He's always identified himself with Bruce Wayne, that's a good guy!
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magesa wrote:
11. He used his cell phone. Not only was that stupid, but who did a friendless, childless parent have to call? Calling ahead??? To whom??? The Order, that's whom!

Some of your points were good, but this really did make sense for Jonas to do. You would call ahead to get the heat turned on unless you wanted to be a little chilly for 45 minutes while waiting for the cabin to warm up.

Theonlyavalon wrote:
The Creators are good with coming up with ideas, surely they wouldn't just recycle the Gemma plot?

I'm still not sure why -- if Jonas is Order -- people are calling it redundant in a bad way. It's part of how OpAPHID works. B&D weren't the first people Gemma had even been assigned to trick. She got close to Brother a full year ago, and then led another OpAPHID operative to his place to blow it up.

Also, if Jonas really did infiltrate B&D in a similar way, it was still set up completely differently (money, big house, lived with them for months, etc.).
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:

Theonlyavalon wrote:
The Creators are good with coming up with ideas, surely they wouldn't just recycle the Gemma plot?

Also, if Jonas really did infiltrate B&D in a similar way, it was still set up completely differently (money, big house, lived with them for months, etc.).

I don't understand why everyone keeps thinking that Jonas working for the order is just recycling the same plot. Gemma was so impersonal. She just posted blogs with suggestions and stories. Jonas on the other hand... he's been living with them for 2+ months now. It's personal. It's completely different than Gemma.

Why do people think that the order would stop sending people for Bree? They are all about control, so it makes sense they would send another player in to watch over her and make sure that she is staying pure for the ceremony.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree!!!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
autumneternal
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magesa wrote:
Before I was 100% Jonas is bad, but that's a really good argument. However:

12 Reasons Why Jonas is Bad
((cut to save space))

I think a lot of the points you've listed depend on one's perspective. If an individual was convinced that Jonas was bad/working for the Order all along, of course they're going to be looking for anything that might be inconsistent and support their theory. Just like if someone believes that Jonas is good, they're going to interpret his advice and actions a completely different way. I may come back and address each of your points with a different interpretation later, but I have a doctor's appointment to get ready for right now, so I have to run.

Libra wrote:
Why do people think that the order would stop sending people for Bree? They are all about control, so it makes sense they would send another player in to watch over her and make sure that she is staying pure for the ceremony.

Why would they keep sending watchers, or go through the trouble of kidnapping Daniel if Jonas was cut-and-dry working for the Order? It just doesn't make sense for them to put forth so much effort if they were simply trying to keep up Jonas' cover.

And, if he really were an Order member put in place to make sure that Bree remains pure for the ceremony, why would he encourage Daniel to pursue a relationship with her and let them be alone in his house, (when Daniel made dinner for Bree)?

I think we're lacking a lot of information and there are still too many loose ends to make a determination one way or the other.

The reference to Bruce Wayne and the hamster tags all make sense now!
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

autumneternal wrote:
[Why would they keep sending watchers, or go through the trouble of kidnapping Daniel if Jonas was cut-and-dry working for the Order? It just doesn't make sense for them to put forth so much effort if they were simply trying to keep up Jonas' cover.

And, if he really were an Order member put in place to make sure that Bree remains pure for the ceremony, why would he encourage Daniel to pursue a relationship with her and let them be alone in his house, (when Daniel made dinner for Bree)?

I think we're lacking a lot of information and there are still too many loose ends to make a determination one way or the other.

Hey, I never said there wasn't a possibility of Jonas changing his mind once he got to know Bree Wink
silvermoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 arguements against why Jonas is bad (cuz he's not, darn it!!)

1. That symbol is suspicious. Very very suspicious. If Tachy can plant something in his car, why can't Oppy plant something in his house to make him look bad?

2. Why didn't Lucy catch him in the Human Ransom video? She was too close -- she should have caught him, if he were good. Maybe she tripped and fell down the stairs....or maybe he pushed her!

3. Doesn't the whole "Watch This!" video make more sense if Jonas is bad? The whole thing looked staged, no one was really hurt, Jonas could easily have just been making a show.
If they were staging it, why not let Jonas look like a big hero and have him fake punch out the Order guy? This would have cemented his and Bree's relationship.

4. He always seemed to underestimate the Order. "I mean, they're bad, right? After what they did to her Dad?" And he hestitated in "The Unthinkable Happened": because he didn't know what the Order wanted him to do? Until that point, he had never really had any run ins with the Order himself. He was shocked and confused and probably really afraid for the first time. It had finally hit him just how really bad the Order was.

5. He was too convenient. Way too convenient.
Just furthering the plot. Why would Bree and Daniel go stay with a teenage girl who still lived with her parents in a trailer park? They couldn't stay on the street, they couldn't go home...just the Creators way of making it an easy choice for them.

6. He was always trying to get Bree to open up.
Because he wants to know more about what's going on. She's holding out a lot of information and he (much like the rest of us!) wants to know the truth (because he doesn't already know!). He's put his home and life on the line for this girl and she's still holding out info.

7. He encouraged Daniel to get out of the house, go to Pins and Pints, and leave Bree. And get kidnapped. Then what was the point of the cowboy? Wasn't he hired to lead Daniel to the Order? What was the point of that? Why bring in an outsider if Jonas could have just as easily done the set up. Shoot, he could have just took Bree to a different part of the house to distract her and let the Order come in and take Daniel right out of the house! Why the big set up in front of witnesses?

8. He made a big show of taking a risk to look at the cowboy's van, but he never even though to look in the house. Bree didn't think to look in the house either. Maybe she's with the Order!! Taking a peak into a van in a public area is a lot less risk than breaking into someone's house when you don't know who or what could be in there. The guy could have had a dozen doberman's on watch!

9. In "Storm the Castle" he wants Bree to talk to him, tell him her plan, plan, and just "Storm the Castle." He wants to undermine a plan she may have and make a plan on his own terms. Or....he wants to know so he can help and support her!

10. He seemed very confused in "The Human Ransom." It didn't seem like he knew of the plan beforehand. Could Tachyon have warned Bree to keep it secret even from Jonas? And then bring him along? What would be the point of that? He could have easily thwarted the plan then as well as ahead of time.

11. He used his cell phone. Not only was that stupid, but who did a friendless, childless parent have to call? Calling ahead??? To whom??? The Order, that's whom!
Or....the person who watches over the cabin off season, so that he could turn up the heat and stock it with food...and maybe a nice warm coat as a surprise for Bree! What a nice boy!

12. Lastly, Gemma wasn't always consistant, remember? A lot of her advice was quirky and bad (for Bree), but some of it baffles us: it just doesn't make sense if she wanted to help the Order. So Jonas=bad may not be totally consistant.
Ummmmm.....have you met Bree? The queen of inconsistant? More proof that she's in the Order!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NertTheBert
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Jonas was bad that the writers would have done a better job of letting everyone know about it.

If he was bad, I think it should have had something to do with that file Tachyon gave Bree. Because she could have found out Jonas was with the order during her stay at his house then made that cd or what ever it was.

Her just finding that piece of wood of paper was just dumb.

Just my 2 cents
tenshiakui
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

*snip snip*[/b]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*slinks from the shadow*

I agree totaly.

*fades to black*

The Shadow of the LG15 Defense Force.
The Mackerel Sushi Chef
Mistress of Nick-Names
autumneternal
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
snipped to save space

Thank you for doing this in my absence! You've proven my point that one's perspective can change how they view Jonas' advice action. I also agree with many of your points, (though I'm reserving judgement on Jonas' position until I have more information...I do lean towards believing he is not knowingly related to the Order, though).

The reference to Bruce Wayne and the hamster tags all make sense now!
silvermoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

autumneternal wrote:
silvermoon wrote:
snipped to save space

Thank you for doing this in my absence! You've proven my point that one's perspective can change how they view Jonas' advice action. I also agree with many of your points, (though I'm reserving judgement on Jonas' position until I have more information...I do lean towards believing he is not knowingly related to the Order, though).

It's my fondest hope that both D-bone and Bro turn out to be the good guys and Bree has been the bad one all along.

*sigh* Somehow I think my dreams will be crushed!

But you are completely right -- this can be argued either way. There is no solid proof that Jonas is or is not with the Order as yet. Guess we just have to sit back and wait to see what happens next.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankenstein girl wrote:
The vacation home belonged to Jonas's parents. Maybe they're the ones who were a part of the order. You would think Jonas would be if his parents were, too. But I don't know.

I guess we'll find out with time. Lots and lots of time.
According to what Daniel said in this last vid, you were right.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
cbizzle44
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, apparently it's been there for a long while
making jonas's parents' deaths even more suspicious....

oh, it's what you do to me

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=clarazzle44- in a youtubian world
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Aack! I hadn't read all of your posts again before I posted this (*slaps forehead*), and it seems a lot of you guys disagree with my "12 Reasons" post. Silvermoon, thank you for providing alternate explanations to each of my points! I'm not sure if I agree with myself now... But I can still see a lot of reasons for Jonas being bad, although I am no longer sure at all. It seems like something the Order would do. The question is, is it something Jonas would do? And I'm not entirely sure that it is. I liked him a lot as a character. He may still be somehow affiliated, or his parents, or he doesn't know or something...? I'm talking gibberish again. I guess I'll have to reserve judgement for now.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a least a little inconsistant. Because this series always is.

Original Post:

Okay. So we still haven't seen Jonas, but at least have Daniel's view of things. I am no longer sure if I'm totally anti-Order now. And thank you guys for pointing out that some of my points are a little desparate.

Yesterday, I was convinced Jonas was bad. Though Tachyon making a mistake like that was suspicioius, Bree seemed so sure, and I had a lot of inconsistencies. And it played on a lot of people's suspicions of Jonas.

However, today I am realizing how much I love Jonas, and how many alternate explanations there are for Bree's evidence. I'm still wondering what questions Bree asked, and what answers she got. And how Jonas reacted to her confrontation. Did he remain easy-going?

I had really come to love Jonas (as a character). He was always so fun. Was he perhaps too easy-going?

I'm now leaning more towards some combination of guilty/innocent, although if he had to be one or the other, I'd still say guilty is more likely.
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for the double post:

My decision of the moment is Jonas=good. However this may change in the next 5 seconds.

Still, as more and more people post, the information is leaning towards Jonas=good. There are more holes for Jonas=bad (although if Jonas turns out to be absolutely evil, I won't be terribly surprised).

Bree has certainly gone through a huge character change, and her willingness to ask questions will certainly help her. However, she may be a little too aggressive now. The Creators don't want her perfect all of a sudden! She have gone a bit TOO far, and she can learn from that. Or maybe she's right, who knows?

The one thing that I'm not disputing, though, is that I'd be happier if Jonas was good (as long as we get an explanation of the escapade!) I like Jonas too much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: