Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making a Case for Glenn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think too many people have the impression that the ARG aspects of this were all that were important and all that brought people here. I disagree, it's LG15. The Creators brought us LG15. Sure, others have been enlisted to help...but the Creators brought it and make the decisions regarding it. We can give our feedback but that's about it. We can't force them to do anything. We have never had that power. I think we should do as we always have...leave it to the Creators and when they are ready to give us a statement they will. They don't owe us some detailed explanation. Personally, I find it insulting that all the work that has been done on this show fromt he beginning is overlooked and all people can concentrate on are the "I want, I want, I want," and the constant rumor mills regarding ONE aspect of this adventure that MANY of us are sick of hearing conjecture about.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I think too many people have the impression that the ARG aspects of this were all that were important and all that brought people here. I disagree, it's LG15. The Creators brought us LG15. Sure, others have been enlisted to help...but the Creators brought it and make the decisions regarding it. We can give our feedback but that's about it. We can't force them to do anything. We have never had that power. I think we should do as we always have...leave it to the Creators and when they are ready to give us a statement they will. They don't owe us some detailed explanation. Personally, I find it insulting that all the work that has been done on this show fromt he beginning is overlooked and all people can concentrate on are the "I want, I want, I want," and the constant rumor mills regarding ONE aspect of this adventure that MANY of us are sick of hearing conjecture about.

Now, I'm not at all surprised that I agree with Kas...
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z....I told you not to let that happen again. Laughing

Quote:

Seriously though, I think that making threads such as this only serve to continue the drama. The majority of this forum really doesn't care, as you can plainly see. The simple fact is that not everyone is going to be happy with the outcome, but whining and demanding answers for your own satisfaction will only serve to alienate and anger others and make them less supportive of your "side"

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

Quote:
They have said over and over that we are to be interactive, and they want us to decide where the story goes. So even though technically yes, it is their decision, I think it's important for them to know that there are many of us out here that love the work that Glenn did, and would be very saddened to see that work cease.

Well, as an interactive part...yes, that's true. And we've already heard from them in that regard. The writing and video editing is not really an interactive position in and of itself. The fan interactivity with the Creators is more of a generic one than an individual one.

I still say that it's none of our business, and I really don't understand this demand on the Creators to explain themselves. As far as I'm concerned, they made their announcement a week ago. Glenn can stay writing and editing for all I care...I wouldn't notice because I think of it as a whole. If he leaves, I probably wouldn't notice it either...believe it or not, there are plenty of talented writers and video editors around.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy -

you don't know who has what information. and i don't know what information you or others have. but you still apparently feel free to share your opinion that "plenty of people" admitted "things" and you conclude it was "unprofessional and unethical." we are all cycling in a circle here.

so, i'm not saying anything more at this point on the merits of all that because i'm tired just like you are.

sure, it is the creators' decision. and i know they are taking it seriously. it was their decision whether to fire yousef, too, but fan opinion on yousef was permitted to be discussed. people who are fans of glenn's work should be allowed to say they liked it. this happens on TV shows and movies all the time with directors and actors. robert downey jr. would have been out of the acting business 20 years ago with all his problems unless people liked him as an actor. judging those problems is up to the bosses, even though people can have their own opinions.

btw, the creators' announcement that glenn is no longer part of the ARG has been deleted. i don't know how to interpret that, really.

i'll stop posting now on this matter. anyone responding to me gets the last word, it doesn't mean I agree or disagree based on my silence.

to get ourselves out of our doldrums, i suggest we all go purchase some Ice Breakers Sours(TM) gum.

Smile

Last edited by milowent on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
I really don't understand this demand on the Creators to explain themselves. As far as I'm concerned, they made their announcement a week ago.

I have not once demanded anything. I have given my opinion on the matter and stated plainly that it was my opinion and that I was giving it in hopes that The Creators are open to suggestion. Many, in fact in this thread are doing that exact thing. Then we get blamed for making "demands" and such when we are doing nothing of the sort. Yes, there are some people who are doing this, but there are those of us trying to go about this in a constructive way.

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
bethy wrote:
I really don't understand this demand on the Creators to explain themselves. As far as I'm concerned, they made their announcement a week ago.

I have not once demanded anything. I have given my opinion on the matter and stated plainly that it was my opinion and that I was giving it in hopes that The Creators are open to suggestion. Many, in fact in this thread are doing that exact thing. Then we get blamed for making "demands" and such when we are doing nothing of the sort. Yes, there are some people who are doing this, but there are those of us trying to go about this in a constructive way.

some people are demanding it..

there is/was a tread stating that very clearly from certain people.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm following Milo on this one, agreeing to disagree and leaving this thread.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

to get ourselves out of our doldrums, i suggest we all go purchase some Ice Breakers Sours(TM) gum.

Yes yes...yes we shall

*chew chew*

mmmm tasty! I fully heartidly enjoy....Ice Breakers Sours.

*hold us the package*
You'll never feel lonely with Ice Breakers Sours

Laughing

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:

some people are demanding it..
there is/was a tread stating that very clearly from certain people.

I am not denying that there are these people. In fact the post that you quoted says that yes, there are some people...

I am just asking that not everyone who came in this thread to support Glenn be lumped into one category. There are those of us that came to offer our support and nothing else.

Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
basically, if i' m getting this right

in plain english for everyone to understand

this thread is not open for debate or discussion on what happened/didn't happen

what this thread is for is to show support for Glenn, and supporting the Creators in their decision.

That's my entire point in a nutshell, Kelly: who decided that "staying on topic" in any particular thread means "expressing or supporting only one side of an issue"?

I've never seen a policy like that on any other message board I've frequented, and it seems like a senseless policy to me.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

That's my entire point in a nutshell, Kelly: who decided that "staying on topic" in any particular thread means "expressing or supporting only one side of an issue"?

I've never seen a policy like that on any other message board I've frequented, and it seems like a senseless policy to me.

LL, that is not the policy here. If any reminders that I made to stay on-topic were unclear, I apologize.

The subject of the topic has been made clear. If someone wants to take the opposite postion here, that would still be on-topic.

I realize that I also posted that I would ask another mod to review, I actually meant to ask that any moderator who reads this to please do so.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for saying so, Apo. It does appear, though, that some folks on this forum believe that that is the policy.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a formal statement, in a sticky, articulating what the policy actually is. That might help clear up the apparent confusion.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linc wrote:
Five bucks says tomorrow on the radio show all this gets cleared up. That might be what they're waiting for. Words on text can get misinterpreted. Hearing someone's voice, inflection and mood, communicates a lot more clearly.

And if I'm wrong, then I wasn't betting real money.

And if I'm right, I accept PayPal and hard, cold cash.

I've got a PayPal too! I'll even accept fake money if it means making you come through on this bet Very Happy
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they didn't address it, personally. They shouldn't have to. However, I think they made it VERY clear who is doing the editing, etc. on the videos...they tossed out a lot of names, and Glenn's wasn't one of them. Good enough. Let's move on now, huh?
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
I'm glad they didn't address it, personally. They shouldn't have to. However, I think they made it VERY clear who is doing the editing, etc. on the videos...they tossed out a lot of names, and Glenn's wasn't one of them. Good enough. Let's move on now, huh?

Anyone who knows me, knows that I usually bite my tongue before I say something I consider to be rude, but it seems clear to me now that you enjoy getting under people's skin and starting arguments. If you would like to "move on" and are tired of discussing this topic, feel free to ignore the thread. This is what most people do when they don't really care about the subject matter. Which it is quite clear that you do not care about this one. Why don't you let the people who do care, who do feel strongly about this go about our business without having to hear rude comments. I mean since you want to "move on" and all, wouldn't this be the most constructive way of doing that?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: