Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Product Placement?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor.....is he single?
freakish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly didnt realize it was a product placement until i came on the forum..but that could just be cause im an airhead. it seemed like the usual cute scenes they like to add in the videos, and that we like to watch
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirlreturn wrote:

I'm sorry, I have to say it. It was preety cheezy. I guess it just has to be though...I don't know how else you could do it. AND it was a pretty big fraction of the video..infact, there really was no other point to the video. I don't really care though because, quite frankly, it was hysterically funny.

If you didnt like why don't you go ahead and leave (again) and come back (again) because you realised (again) that you just love having friends in this community, and you like this website not because of the show but because of the popularity you enjoy.

I thought it was a bit unnatural, she could have just said "icebreakers....gum" or something to that effect. but I don't make a big deal out of it, and I encourage them to do it again, albeit moderately.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTStars wrote:
spaciegirlreturn wrote:
I'm calm...almost comatose

Razz well, that you may want to get checked out by a doctor Razz
No crap; a good psychiatrist. Why did you emerge out of your hole of a thread, Spacie?
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Drama!
Oh Drama!
Unnecessary Drama
Unnecessary Drama FTL

Oh Drama
Oh Drama
Unnecessary Drama
Unless it's on the show please go to hell
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: gum Reply with quote

Quote:
Unnecessary Drama
Unless it's on the show please go to hell
Thank you, skunkwaffle for your excellent example of what not to say when providing what some people feel as unnecessary drama. (just teasing)Wink

As far as the product placement goes, since this was the first example in this series, I cut the lg people some slack. (But anyone has the right to see things differently, of course.) I think for me it was like an inside joke watching something I was expecting, just to see how it would be pulled off. Really, it could have been so, so, so much cheesier (which is why I am such an advocate for Mentos- because I enjoy cheese sometimes).

For some , I know it took away from the story. For others, it was a justifiable means for financial support. For even others, it was probably cute and funny. I would just like to add that I found it fortunate that no one took the inclusion of this product as a clue and began a campaign to uncover the secret meaning behind the inclusion of this name-brand gum within the plot (although I did Google such terms as sour, gum, epogen, ice, breakers, Milton Hershey, the order and truck stops, but with no reasonable results.)

I like to read differing points of view about people's perceptions of this series. Sometimes, it allows me to understand and consider where other people are coming from, and what expectation they have (or don’t have) for this series. But as DBone stated, when kidnapped by the order, "It's all good..."
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inigo wrote:
If you didnt like why don't you go ahead and leave (again) and come back (again) because you realised (again) that you just love having friends in this community, and you like this website not because of the show but because of the popularity you enjoy.

I thought it was a bit unnatural, she could have just said "icebreakers....gum" or something to that effect. but I don't make a big deal out of it, and I encourage them to do it again, albeit moderately.

Thanks for your brilliant suggestions. I'll take those to heart.

longlostposter wrote:
Why did you emerge out of your hole of a thread, Spacie?

Why do you care?

I'm not one to beat around the bush..and you've both made it clear on several occaisons that you harbor some sort of disdain for me. I get it. Your not so subtle hints have been detected. So...can you shut the fu*k up now?

PS the whole issue was pretty well diffused too...but way to come back in and start another argument!
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakish wrote:
i honestly didnt realize it was a product placement until i came on the forum..but that could just be cause im an airhead. it seemed like the usual cute scenes they like to add in the videos, and that we like to watch

You're not alone. Maybe it's because we're constantly assulted with product names on a daily basis, but it fit the tone of the series and it wasn't nearly as intrusive as people are making it out to be. I would bet that part of the deal was the length of time the gum appeared oncreen, which is the reason for the length of the spot.

And without me even realizing it was an ad, I kinda wanted to try the gum. From a graphic designer's point of view, I admire the way they worked it in.
Theonlyavalon
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to start an argument with my question, but hey!

I thought it was okay, not *that* intrusive, if a little ham fisted. Like I said before, you can sort of include it since people actually do talk in TV jingles and things like that. If this series wasn't all about figuring out the significance of the littlest thing I would say they should have more product placement. Personally I don't mind it in movies and things except when it gets in your face. I mean, it's undeniable that people drink Coke (I am, in fact drinking one now!) and chew Icebreakers gum, so why shouldn't they exist in the LG world?

I'm all for it because once I have to start paying for LG, I'm sorry but I'm outta here because I just can't afford it (being a broke student and all!)
BTStars
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirlreturn wrote:
Doctor.....is he single?

*hee hee* we can only wish
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirlreturn wrote:

longlostposter wrote:

Why do you care?

I'm not one to beat around the bush..and you've both made it clear on several occaisons that you harbor some sort of disdain for me. I get it. Your not so subtle hints have been detected. So...can you shut the fu*k up now?

PS the whole issue was pretty well diffused too...but way to come back in and start another argument!
The only reason you pop out of your hole, spacie, is too insult the show, insult the Creators, or insult another poster. You've had a hardon for the Creators ever since they made OpAphid canon, and now you feel that everyone must be subjected to your rants. You are a bitch. You shut the f**k up.

Why don't you go run to a mod now, and see if you can get some help with this, hmmmm?

ETA: You, Spacie, are the poster child for bad behavior.
freakish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah that girl is so annoying
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<passes Juli a nice fuzzy bunny to schnuggle up to>

Sometimes if you have something nice and fuzzy and schnuggly to hold in your lap, your typing fingers won't betray you into saying things you really don't want to say to folks that you really don't want to say things to... Wink

(izzn't he cute?)

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
spaciegirlreturn wrote:

longlostposter wrote:

Why do you care?

The only reason you pop out of your hole, spacie, is too insult the show, insult the Creators, or insult another poster. You've had a hardon for the Creators ever since they made OpAphid canon, and now you feel that everyone must be subjected to your rants. You are a bitch. You shut the f**k up.

Why don't you go run to a mod now, and see if you can get some help with this, hmmmm?

ETA: You, Spacie, are the poster child for bad behavior.

Word Juli!! You tell her! She deserves it!
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cher, no offense, but you don't know who Spacie is, or what she has done.

She's had this coming for way too long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: