Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0167 - "Spring Break Sucks" [04/5/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternalConfusion
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I only reached pg 4 cause I need to clean up my basement for a party (thats right, fiesta!! con solo chicas!!)

But here's my take:

1. The drunkiness is still funny, but quickly getting old.
2. I'm soooo glad Bree is finally likeable again! But she's having a hard time hiding her accent cause I notice it alot.
3. I want some romannnce to occcuurrr
4. These videos aren't just fillers.. i mean, they're like provin science wrong again.
5. I personally think Youssef was having fun and it was so hilarous that they had to put it in cause if u notice at the end, he's laughing at himself instead of being a slobberly drunk.
EternalConfusion
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Spring Break does suck... its snowing here Sad
Emsmu
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think everyones reading too far out of the video with the drinking thing. Sure, I think that the creators had a reason for it, but I think the reason refers back to the "fight or flight" method Bree talks about. Alcohol has always been refered to as "an escape" of sorts from reality, and it shows that Jonas and Daniel both want to flee from the situation, without actually leaving Bree. The whole thing with Bree loading them into the car is kinda her way of helping them get over it.

Also, for all you complaining about an abundance of drinking, or "every time were about to get answers they throw one of these episodes in," I suggest you take a look at some of Shakespears stories. The classic and well-loved story line is "Dark scene followed by funny scene followed by dark scene followed by funny scene" to balance it all out. If they didnt throw these drunk episodes or "proving science wrong" episodes in every now and then, the story would get really dark really fast, and then it would make it impossible to throw a funny episode in without confusing character development and causing a very awkard feeling throughout the video.

And its possible that this story actually does have something to do with the plot. Do you think Alex will be there when they get back to her house? If not do you think she left voluntarily and is avoiding them, or the order captured her before she could give BD&J any information?

See? As long as questions to where the plot may go are brought up, the episode contributes to the plot. I personally loved this episode.

Tag, your it.
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best video in the history of ever.

Ever.

Ever.

I would totally party with Jonas and Daniel. They know how to get it done in Mexico!

I'm in college, so being drunk often isn't something that bothers me. Wink They play drunk very well!

I'm also liking Bree again, which is good. I didn't like thinking she was a brat. Sad
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I seem to be picking up some themes from this thread! Laughing

Drinking: well... as someone who, on this particular Friday night, has had 1 tequila shot and 3 maguritas so far (hey, I was inspired by the MexicHO theme!), I really don't think this is unrealistic. I drink semi-regularly, whether it be a glass of wine with dinner, or trashed at a party on the weekend (I have a LOT of friends, so I tend to go to parties every weekend or so).

Age: I am 28, and so while not needing a walking frame, am certainly in the older age bracket on this forum... and yet I don't see a problem with the drinking necessarily.

As an aside, notice they are also acting their age by posting the drunken vids... I don't think we should be taking this to mean they drink all the time but rather that, as teens, these are the times while they film their funniest moments, and so this is what gets posted.

The only part I am concerned about is that they are letting their guard down and keep letting themselves get seperated, right after having been abducted. You'd think that would have been both a sobering and bonding experience! Yet I can also see the argument for them going the other way (having some drinks and fun to forget their woe)

Men vs women: Having studied and subsequently changed courses out of Psych, this went a long way to reaffirming one of the things I HATED about studying it. I did 1st yr Uni Psych in my last year of High School (I tried to Americanise that so you guys could understand, hope I was successful) and changed course once I started Uni because I was totally turned off... this whole extrapolating entire theories of human behaviour from a small case study, and an often unbalanced case study, is one of the BIG reasons...Yay Bree for bringing this problem to people's attention!

Ok... have to go be drunk now Razz (AFTER re-reading and hopefully fixng all my spelling mistakes...)
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS WHOLE SERIES IS JUST ONE BIG AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL ABOUT THE DANGERS OF ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION!!!!!
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

house wrote:
The fact that "three young, REFUGEES who are constantly watching their backs OR observing someone who MIGHT be an enemy getting drunk" IS unrealistic. Seriously... they remember being chased in Vegas, then being abducted, and their next memory is a gun fight in the desert...but, now they're drinking in Mexico and acting like jack-asses??

This seems to be the general opinion, however, like DoktorBob said: If I woke up in the desert in the middle of a gun fight, I would get drunk afterwards if I had the chance.

I mean, you're all sitting there comfortably at home judging the drinking habits of the two, saying they shouldn't drink because they might be in danger...without taking into account that this constantly being in danger might be exactly the reason they drink.

If you had to think about being abducted or killed every waking moment, and probably dream about it at nights, would you not try to "turn off" your brain as often as you could, just to not have to worry for a few hours?

I am not saying it is healthy, "good" or safe what they're doing - quite the opposite. They're on the verge of alcoholism. What I am saying is: It makes sense. Situations like this, with constant, 24/7 stress, are exactly the reason people start heavy drinking. Just to escape the pressure for a few hours.

And, other than in the real world, it's at least fun to watch here.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
plexplex
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, I'm not going to read 9 pages, but I just wanted to state....

I LOVED THIS VIDEO! Kind of going old school!

The boys need to stop being drunks. It's retarded.
Onewen
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HisGirl wrote:
Hooray, another video!
Boo, more teen drunks.
Hooray, Bree is adorable!
Boo, being out in the open with no care for being kidnapped AGAIN.
Hooray, boys are okay anyway!
Boo, not watching to see what Alex is up to.
Hooray, Bree putting drunks in trunk.
Boo, .... alright, this is getting old...

why the random mention of pregnancy?
also, appears the Brainwashing didn't work very well. Bree doesn't seem to care about doing the ceremony and Daniel doesn't seem to care about going home.
I realize it's been said, but put my name on the list who thinks drunk teenagers are boring entertainment-wise, stupid storyline-wise, and asking for trouble 'being chased by badguys'-wise. I blame all you guys who thought drunk daniel was charming and cute and funny. I think he's sad.
finally, it's funny how they went from, "we can't post more videos cause that's how they found us in Vegas" to, "let's post that we're outside of Alex's house in Mexico cause surely they don't know where THAT is"

I just have to say...this is the funniest post I've read all day!!! AND my friend wrote it...hahahahaha...*walks off laughing*
anniid
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am kinda sick of them being drunk... but hey, I understand the reasoning, although I don't agree with the outcome.
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whhaaaat!??

If anything, the boys aren't drunk ENOUGH. EVERY video where they are drunk is absolutely hilarious. They should be hammered in every video!

You know, if they somehow got BREE drunk (which i'm sure they will at some point) , that would be totally take the cake!

Wooo!
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I've got to agree with what omegawoman said. This getting drunk all the time thing has got to stop. It's really not at all smart for them to be doing it. It was funny once or twice, but goddamn, their drinking is almost as big a problem for them as the Order itself.

Being alcoholics would be a large enough problem in their lives without having the Illuminati on their ass at the same time.

I also don't like Bree once again promoting this John Gray/Deborah Tannen idea that males and females are so different from one another. There's more differences among males and among females than there are between them.

Lurker, once again you demonstrate why I love you. I agree with both of your points, espcially the second one. This "Men Are From GM, Women Are From Chrysler" bit is extremely tired -- not just on LG15, but in the rest of society.

When she's under stress, my GF withdraws. And lately when I'm stressed, I've had a tendency to react as if I were Godzilla and the rest of the world was Tokyo.

longlostposter wrote:
Lurker, I think the difference is that men are raised to suppress their feelings, and women are not.

Except in cases when men are not raised to suppress their feelings, and women are. Rolling Eyes

This is one of my huge soapbox issues. All of this "Men are X, and women are Y" crap is just that -- crap. Some women fit the stereotypes, some do not. Same for men.

Not only that, but the insistence on falsely polarizing gender-related characteristics causes serious damage to people who don't happen to fit the stereotypical norms. We're talking not only psychic damage (of which there is plenty), but employment discrimination and serious physical assault.

It happens that I was reading a bunch of materials on this issue just yesterday. This report , 59 Under 30, lists 50 cases of young people under 30 who were murdered in the past ten-or-so years because they didn't fit gender stereotypes. To quote from the report: "Few of us realize just how many young people are dying violently each year simply because they don't fit someone's ideal for masculinity and femininity. Yet if federal law mandated the FBI to track genderbased hate crimes, they would outweigh every other category except race."

In other words, this stuff is serious.
Ravensnow27
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I soooo want to see Bree drunk, it'd be so great if she got totally off her ass and the boys had to deal with her drunkeness for once, I bet they couldn't handle her.

The drinking still doesn't bother me much, I'm sure its going to lead somewhere, and they're just being boys. Its their way of dealing with their stituation, and I think its meant to point out Brees strong points.

Loved Bree in this video, I've been missing her.

Jonas's shirt was awesome, wonder if he really tastes like chicken? Chocolate would be better but I'd lick him anyway!
Vintage_Angel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB doing that laugh at the end made my day, now I know where to go when I'm feeling great about stuff. But, I'm kinda nervous about the idea of Bree talking to Alex, but I think I would do the same thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mincartaugh wrote:
Oh. And about all this male/female stuff. Have you ever watched a mother of eight kids under the age of 6 hold a conversation with their neighbor? Women are a different species.

I think any parent of eight kids under the age of 6 is probably a different species.

megs229 wrote:
Because of the boys current situation, I definately think the next video is going to be funny ( unless in the situation that they get caught again) with the boys waking up next to (well actually on top of) each other like that.

If they can't remember how or why they got there, that would be fucking hilarious.

EternalConfusion wrote:
I'm soooo glad Bree is finally likeable again! But she's having a hard time hiding her accent cause I notice it alot.

What's it like exactly? I've never noticed it, even in interviews with Jessica Rose. Maybe I'm used to lots of different accents (some I do notice, like a Japanese or Hispanic accent, or a strong Southern U.S. accent).

mellie3204 wrote:
Men vs women: Having studied and subsequently changed courses out of Psych, this went a long way to reaffirming one of the things I HATED about studying it. I did 1st yr Uni Psych in my last year of High School (I tried to Americanise that so you guys could understand, hope I was successful) and changed course once I started Uni because I was totally turned off... this whole extrapolating entire theories of human behaviour from a small case study, and an often unbalanced case study, is one of the BIG reasons...Yay Bree for bringing this problem to people's attention!

You're right about that. Even famous case studies like the Stanford prison experiment and the Milgram experiment only used males (understandable in the prison experiment, but there's not really a good reason why the Milgram didn't) and both had small sample sizes (24 or 26 in the prison, I think, and 40 in the Milgram?).

That said, though, I feel Bree shouldn't be pointing out the flaws in one system while promoting another that's arguably just as flawed (which - even if she hasn't read about dissenting studies - she should consider as possible given what an introspective, emotional guy Jonas has been emphasized as). I mean, if it were stressed that this is just what Bree thinks, that would be fine, I think. Or even if there was a counterpoint somewhere in the story itself, presented by Daniel or Jonas.

Renegade wrote:
This seems to be the general opinion, however, like DoktorBob said: If I woke up in the desert in the middle of a gun fight, I would get drunk afterwards if I had the chance.

I mean, you're all sitting there comfortably at home judging the drinking habits of the two, saying they shouldn't drink because they might be in danger...without taking into account that this constantly being in danger might be exactly the reason they drink.

If you had to think about being abducted or killed every waking moment, and probably dream about it at nights, would you not try to "turn off" your brain as often as you could, just to not have to worry for a few hours?

I am not saying it is healthy, "good" or safe what they're doing - quite the opposite. They're on the verge of alcoholism. What I am saying is: It makes sense. Situations like this, with constant, 24/7 stress, are exactly the reason people start heavy drinking. Just to escape the pressure for a few hours.

I still have to disagree. If anything, their drinking only puts them in more danger, and - not since "Drinking Problems," before it really became as obvious a big problem - we haven't seen them acknowledge this at all. Even Bree is making excuses for them.

Realistically speaking, the fact that they can't seem to quit - despite knowing how it magnifies the severity of their situation - should make them more stressed out. Realistically, they should actually be seen struggling to pop the top off a bottle, even if they eventually gave in. So far we've seen them approach getting loaded with reckless abandon. An almost devil may care attitude that would suggest they think the Order will play nice and not kidnap a drunk guy.

I still think their behavior is extremely unrealistic. Also, everyone, please be aware once again that I'm not saying it's unrealistic for 19-year-old guys to go get drunk and stumble around laughing like buffoons afterward. I see guys who remind me of this weekly. That's a fairly large number of your college crowd right there, actually.

However, to the best of my knowledge, not one of those guys has the new world order chasing them across the planet with the Eye of Providence hot on their heels the whole way. Different expectations tend to apply based on varying circumstances.

Renagade wrote:
And, other than in the real world, it's at least fun to watch here.

Yeah, this is true. Damn hilarious in fact.

Languorous Lass wrote:
When she's under stress, my GF withdraws. And lately when I'm stressed, I've had a tendency to react as if I were Godzilla and the rest of the world was Tokyo.

Mine withdraws while I just want to talk. If that makes me a woman, so be it. That's the only way I ever want to deal with stress.

Languorous Lass wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
Lurker, I think the difference is that men are raised to suppress their feelings, and women are not.

Except in cases when men are not raised to suppress their feelings, and women are. Rolling Eyes

This is one of my huge soapbox issues. All of this "Men are X, and women are Y" crap is just that -- crap. Some women fit the stereotypes, some do not. Same for men.

I think Juli is correct in general. I don't think she was using "raised" in individual terms, but in societal ones. If we're looking at western societies, at least, there is a mythology that males do not - perhaps should not - show emotions, while women do so.

It's retarded, yes, but it's there - and many people are convinced of it. Even our sitcoms promote the idea as though it's a fact of life.

Languorous Lass wrote:
... the insistence on falsely polarizing gender-related characteristics causes serious damage to people who don't happen to fit the stereotypical norms. We're talking not only psychic damage (of which there is plenty), but employment discrimination and serious physical assault.

It happens that I was reading a bunch of materials on this issue just yesterday. This report , 59 Under 30, lists 50 cases of young people under 30 who were murdered in the past ten-or-so years because they didn't fit gender stereotypes. To quote from the report: "Few of us realize just how many young people are dying violently each year simply because they don't fit someone's ideal for masculinity and femininity. Yet if federal law mandated the FBI to track genderbased hate crimes, they would outweigh every other category except race."

In other words, this stuff is serious.

I'm glad you brought this up. I had thought about it, but felt like I'd pushed the issue far enough already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: