Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did anyone else
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicdancer
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Did anyone else Reply with quote

Think the whole gun thing was sort of silly and unnecessary? Or is that just me. I mean what was he going to shoot Alex? Really? Come on.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think it was silly or unnecessary, no. I think Jonas should have armed himself and his friends with guns months ago.

That said, I think Jonas' behavior with the gun was both stupid and unnecessary.
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone else Reply with quote

cosmicdancer wrote:
Think the whole gun thing was sort of silly and unnecessary? Or is that just me. I mean what was he going to shoot Alex? Really? Come on.

Well I think, as a plot point, it made sense, showiing that Jonas has a violent unstable siide. But I think it was a pointless and stupid action on Jonas' part.
veela-valoom
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
That said, I think Jonas' behavior with the gun was both stupid and unnecessary.

I agree. I usually love Jonas but his behavior was a little intense at the end of this episode.
cosmicdancer
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I didn't think it was silly or unnecessary, no. I think Jonas should have armed himself and his friends with guns months ago.

Kinda what I meant I guess.
Starryeyedgirl09
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought it was a bit outrageous and kinda funny, like Jonas just packs it with his towel and sun screen or something. Rolling Eyes
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas needs to control his anger. Should he have a gun? Yes, in theory, it would only make sense after Bree's dad was shot and the whole capture thing.

Did he have to wave it around? No, that was stupid. Not only b/c if this was real that it would be kind of dangerous, but also due in part to a really lame attempt to make the story have a little action and suspense. It only added to the weirdness, as well as how the situation ended.

I guess he got it in Mexico, where the gun laws are more lax (I think... and maybe the writers do too.)

Why was Lucy there? I'm pretty sure there was a blonde present, Bree caught her on camera. Does she really have to see everything firsthand? Can't she send someone else to do it? I mean, if she is high up in the order...

And why the hell would the writers cut Bree out of the Order's plan? When we are not really sure why they want her, suddenly she is useless. And this also shoots the story with a .44 mag. Sorry to be graphic, but come on, the story is kind of dead now, and in a big way, and also killed in a big way. Now what?

That episode was trash. What the hell.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people are pushed into a corner, they can become irrational. Jonas has been told his parents are dead, then they are alive, then maybe they are alive. The people responsible for the killing or brainwashing of his parents have kidnapped, drugged, interrogated, and messed with the memories of him and his closest friends. Then he believes his aunt is in on what happened to his parents, and won't tell him, and all the rest of the stuff the Order has done to DBJ.

Yeah, he went nuts, but it's not unexpected with the amount of stress these three have been under for someone to snap.

The gun needs to be taken away from him, but I can certainly understand him flipping out the way he did. He was basically saying, "Enough is enough; quit messing with me and my friend's lives".

ETA:
spades wrote:
And why the hell would the writers cut Bree out of the Order's plan? When we are not really sure why they want her, suddenly she is useless. And this also shoots the story with a .44 mag. Sorry to be graphic, but come on, the story is kind of dead now, and in a big way, and also killed in a big way. Now what?
Jessica has been doing a lot of movies lately. I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that she may be moving on, and we will have someone else instead. Perhaps that is why we didn't see her this last episode.

If her career is moving forward, I wish her all the best. I'm surprised that I will actually miss her if this is the case, but I will.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
cbizzle44
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spades wrote:
Jonas needs to control his anger. Should he have a gun? Yes, in theory, it would only make sense after Bree's dad was shot and the whole capture thing.

Did he have to wave it around? No, that was stupid. Not only b/c if this was real that it would be kind of dangerous, but also due in part to a really lame attempt to make the story have a little action and suspense. It only added to the weirdness, as well as how the situation ended.

I guess he got it in Mexico, where the gun laws are more lax (I think... and maybe the writers do too.)

Why was Lucy there? I'm pretty sure there was a blonde present, Bree caught her on camera. Does she really have to see everything firsthand? Can't she send someone else to do it? I mean, if she is high up in the order...

That episode was trash. What the hell.

i agree with everything you just said

oh, it's what you do to me

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=clarazzle44- in a youtubian world
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the episode. At least we got the unexpected instead of the usual humdrum stuff that we've grown accustomed too.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Spades
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will all miss her.

I hope she does not get typecasted as Bree.

That would explain a sudden change of events, but not justify them. They could have given this explanation over a series of episodes, not BANG! all in you face at once (.44 mag).

The only way that I think that Bree can leave gracefully and quickly is to die. I would rather her die in a sad and tragic way then "Allright guys, I'm home now, and everything's cool! Bye!" That would even be more tragic.

Sorry to be kind of morbid.

Any other ideas on how she might bow out fast? Actually, that's kinda off topic.

Juli, you also have a point with the stress that Jonas has. Won't get into it, this post is long enough.
Spades
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
I loved the episode. At least we got the unexpected instead of the usual humdrum stuff that we've grown accustomed too.

ehhh, it could have been better. In a show where the episodes are usually less than three minutes, you can't just start swinging away in the final minute.

If you made the final part a little longer, and put it with the next vid, which will probably be them driving begging Jonas to calm down or DB or Bree talking about Jonas and Alex it might run a little smoother.

I don't know. To each his/her own, and I respect your view.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have to have a gun
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:

Yeah, I agree with this. Somewhat reminded me of the Buffy episode "Seeing Red" with how things ended.
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually kinda dug it...showing where his loyalty is protecting Bree

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: