Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0187- "It's Not Kidnapping" [5/07/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dannie717
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Marilee"]
genesistrum wrote:
This may be dumb Shocked , but i think the whole thing is a scam. maybe in the folder there was a note asking for help, and this is how they're helping. they kidnapped her, and posted this video just to make it SEEM like a kidnapping. when actually they are about to gather some much needed information....

Just a thought... Rolling Eyes

I hope you're right because if it wasn't a scam... they're pretty freaking stupid. I mean, it's bad enough kidnapping this girl, but they have to go in there with a video camera??
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoktorBob wrote:
If it is a trap, NikkiB would be involved.

Not really. The info on Julia she dug out could have planted by the order just so she would find it.

DoktorBob wrote:

And if it is a trap, maybe the Order is setting them up by letting them get in trouble with the the police. "Stay safely with us or let the police handle you"

Yes I think it's a setup to blackmail Bree and make her do the ceremony in exchange of the order keeping the out of prison
Wisi Girl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

house wrote:
There are so many reasons why I do not like this vid.
*pauses*

It seems desperate.
It seems cheesy.
IF Jules is the chosen one, then where is her watcher? Surely, after being accosted by two, unknown people, after school, she would've told her parents.
It feels like the creators are looking for a way to get Bree, Daniel, and Jonas, out of the way... and felonies (such as kidnapping) are pretty high on the list of things that will keep you in custody. You can't make vlogs from jail.

I think the story is out-of-control...and not in a good way.

House, I bow at your feet! Your post hit it right on the mark! The entire time I was watching the video, I just shook my head in disbelief. This story truly is out of control. The more crazy and inconsistent it becomes, the more difficult it will be to conclude things in logical way, (which I hope actually happens at one point...) Like many of you have already posted, I just cannot wrap my head around the sheer stupidity of their choice of action! Although, Nikki B must be feeling like quite the legit reporter right now! Ha ha! They very much relied on her *ahem* reporting.

I may question the storyline but I cannot be completely negative. Yes, I actually have something positive to comment on! This is the first really meaningful video in a very long time. Yes, the last three were helpful because we were introduced to new characters. However, this video gave a hard push in the progress of the series. I just don't think it is in the right direction....or any particular direction for that matter. It is almost like the creators are desperately throwing in crazy action to satisfy us while diregarding a lot of the substantial content that brought all of us to the series in the first place. Ah, I miss those days....

Oh, and I thought it was VERY disturbing to watch Daniel casually comment on the recent events while Jules rolled on the floor inside, screaming and pounding on the window! During that scene, I saw the trio in a new light for the very first time! Doing the wrong things for the right reasons does not justify anything. Should we question Bree and her motives once again? It won't be the first time that a fan or two is supicious of which side she is really on. Or should we just be thoroughly disappointed and upset at what the trio has become now? A lot to ponder....I am glad there is something to think about again! Ha!

I have to disagree with those who believe Jules' acting improved with this video. I recall the same being posted in the thread for the last video. Let's see...in the only two "official LG15 videos" that she has appeared in, she has only screamed and looked upset. No dialogue whatsoever. No acting whatsoever. Sorry folks! ANYONE could have played her part....so far. Now that she has been kidnapped, we will see more of her and she might actually prove to be better than in the past. At least, I desperately hope so!!!

For those who bothered to read this long post: THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by Wisi Girl on Mon May 07, 2007 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inigo wrote:

Yes I think it's a setup to blackmail Bree and make her do the ceremony in exchange of the order keeping the out of prison

If the Order is in control of the police, government officials, etc... like Bree is convinced they are, why would they even need them to actually commit a crime in the first place?
EEVEE
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woweewowow! This ain't good. Shocked
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Inigo wrote:

If the Order is in control of the police, government officials, etc... like Bree is convinced they are, why would they even need them to actually commit a crime in the first place?

That's a good question, really.

Even with how much these guys film, the Order couldn't have predicted that they'd actually videotape this.

Wisi Girl wrote:
Like many of you have already posted, I just cannot wrap my head around the sheer stupidity of their choice of action!

I'm thinking they thought they were working within the window of only a few days because of Jules' comment about restrictions on May 3. In any case, this is way more interesting than if Jules was actually begging to be saved from the ceremony, and it's more thought-provoking in terms of whether the characters can still feel like they completely have the moral highground (which they had maintained up to now).

More than just give the plot a push of progress, this gave Bree's character one too. She chose to kidnap a terrified kid rather than leave her to what she thought would be death.

I may never like Bree, but at the moment, I am at least interested in what she's thinking and feeling about all this.
Wisi Girl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I doubt Bree is deceptive. It would be too elaborate and all this time of running away too pointless. Excuse me. I don't know what I am thinking anymore. I don't think Taylor and Sarah are liars as well. In fact, maybe we should take EVERYTHING at face value now? The complexity of the series has been reduced to nothing. All of the puzzles, clues, and various facts, (or implications that were recieved as facts,) have been entirely ignored. At this point, it is best not to theorize too much. It worked at the beginning of this series but not now. Not with this direction, or lack of it. My opinion, of course. Remember that folks!

Also, I am recovering from the most massive migraine ever and the drugs have me a little loopy right now. If my post seems dumb, I apologize. This is included for some who outrageously critize me for having my opinions and such things....
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisi Girl wrote:
Actually, I doubt Bree is deceptive.

This will sound somewhat cliché, but:

BREE TELLS LIES.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I think that Jules saying in her blog that she was only on restrictions from the computer for one more week (on May 3) may have made them think that meant the ceremony would be soon. In which case, this isn't that hard to swallow, really.

It's a huge assumption. But assuming you're right, why's Jonas so against it then? This is the guy was was waving around a gun. You have to ask why was Jonas the not on board while Daniel was? It's expected to be the other way around so the only explanation is that there is a reason.

I think it's also significant that the title is "It's not kidnapping." It could set up the next video as "It's a rescue" and maybe new info is revealed but if you just look at what we have here it looks like they have just lost their minds.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisi Girl wrote:
In fact, maybe we should take EVERYTHING at face value now? The complexity of the series has been reduced to nothing. All of the puzzles, clues, and various facts, (or implications that were recieved as facts,) have been entirely ignored. At this point, it is best not to theorize too much. It worked at the beginning of this series but not now. Not with this direction, or lack of it.

I don't think a narrative necessarily need puzzles, vagueries and such (as the series long did early on) to have complexities. In my opinion, the moral quandry of what just occurred is a complexity.

Can anyone in here really, absolutely say that they think Bree did the wrong thing? With all assurance? If you thought a little girl was going to die in less than a week and knew you couldn't go to the police, knew you couldn't talk to her parents, and the girl herself was having none of it when you tried talking to her?

Maybe one can't be sure that they think she absolutely did the right thing either, but I can't see how it can be said - at this point - that she did the wrong thing. Keep in mind that I'm not asking if she did the smart thing, just the right one. Sometimes the right thing can be incredibly stupid.

immortal1 wrote:
It's a huge assumption. But assuming you're right, why's Jonas so against it then? This is the guy was was waving around a gun. You have to ask why was Jonas the not on board while Daniel was? It's expected to be the other way around so the only explanation is that there is a reason.

I'm assuming he hadn't made up his mind that it was necessarily the best way to go about it yet. Besides, if he was really, totally against it, he could have not driven them there, or he could have tried driving away before they could kidnap Jules (or even after they tied her up). Without a vehicle, Daniel and Bree would have had no choice to but to abandon the idea and follow him.

Last edited by Lurker on Mon May 07, 2007 11:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aithne wrote:
Maybe we are jumping the gun here. Maybe the gang just want to talk to her for a bit, and then drop her off by her house.

that's still kidnapping, and still a federal offense (or something along those lines, whatever kidnapping qualifies as), lol

ApotheosisAZ wrote:

This will sound somewhat cliché, but:

BREE TELLS LIES.

hahahaha! loves it.

edit:: one more thing..

This is SO a setup.. I'll bet The Order implanted a tracking device in Jules at birth or something.

DRAMA THAT'S NOT IN MY LIFE FTW!

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.

Last edited by alysaface on Mon May 07, 2007 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wisi Girl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Wisi Girl wrote:
Like many of you have already posted, I just cannot wrap my head around the sheer stupidity of their choice of action!

I'm thinking they thought they were working within the window of only a few days because of Jules' comment about restrictions on May 3. In any case, this is way more interesting than if Jules was actually begging to be saved from the ceremony, and it's more thought-provoking in terms of whether the characters can still feel like they completely have the moral highground (which they had maintained up to now).

More than just give the plot a push of progress, this gave Bree's character one too. She chose to kidnap a terrified kid rather than leave her to what she thought would be death.

I may never like Bree, but at the moment, I am at least interested in what she's thinking and feeling about all this.

You're right. This video dramatically changed my perception of who they are as people. What they are willing to do and what it means about them, you know? I cannot tear apart this video as I have done in the past because there is a lot to ponder with this one. I cannot remember the last time a video had this affect on me! It is just a bit encouraging.

I am with you aobut Bree. I don't like her much. With this video, I am not sure if I really like anyone! They all participated. Ha ha! However, I am still interested and that is something I haven't felt in......10 videos? 11 videos? Basically, a lifetime in the LG15 world! I agree, Lurker! I really want to know how this will affect the characters.

P.S. Did you think it was odd that her parents were not around? That didn't make sense to me. Nor did I see a watcher. Hmmm.....Wrong girl?
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. sorry for the yelling but...

WTF JUST HAPPENED? ARE THEY INSANE?!?!

O

M

G.

This cannot end well!

...still, that's the biggest emotional reaction I've had to a vid in some time! At least it just got real exciting!
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first reaction to this video was much like a lot of posts i've read in the thread. wtf?

but then i thought, really, in the context of everything else, the next video will probably be how jules was upset but now she realizes that bree was able to tell her things that matched her own experiences so well that she had to listen. and now she's worried about what to do, etc,. or how she doesn't believe bree, but she's not going to tell anyone what happened if they just take her home, to protect her religion.

it seems to me this game is played w/o police so that probably isn't a worry. can you imagine if they were really being hunted by the cops.
"we were bored just hiding from the cops, so we actually did go to six flags. we untied jules so she could ride all the rides, but somehow she got away."
DoktorBob
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess we can't wish the creators to post double vids...
Waiting to see what happens really is the suck.

Who watches the watchers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: