Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0188 - "Naive Girl" [05/08/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asenath
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only just now started watching the videos again...I had lapsed, so it took me awhile to catch up (I just finished watching all the way up to this video from the one where Jonas was waving a gun around). All I can say is, wow. I can't believe how crazy this series has gotten...I mean, on one hand, it's gotten a lot more interesting because of that, but on the other...as someone else said, it's a bit of a parody of itself now.

First off, to agree with the majority of you, I really don't like this new girl so far. I liked those two other girls (the "emo girl" and the other girl), but this Jules character is really annoying.

Second, I think the naive girl in this video is Bree. Thinking kidnapping a little girl would go over well? Very naive. It's not even in the same ballpark as what Daniel did with Bree.

I would like to see how this plays out, though. Whether they can actually get Jules to come to their side or not...although it would be pretty hilarious if she had nothing whatsoever to do with the Order. (Although I really do think she is the new girl for the ceremony...)
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
That girl is not cut out for acting.

Her acting wasn't very good in this video. She came off as obnoxious.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it a bit difficult to judge Jules acting skills?

The actress playing Julia's part may be attempting to portray a girl who is attempting to portray a kidnap victim who is attempting to portray someone who isn't a part of The Hymn of One.

It makes me wonder if she doesn't actually deserve a little more recognition than she is receiving here.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onewen wrote:
They'd better not end the whole series with them going to jail ... ala the series finale of Seinfeld. Confused

Or the end of MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL. (Which was years before Seinfeld, BTW.)

Hippie wrote:
AM I THE ONLY ONE who thinks the Creators have their own story mapped out and we as the audience dont matter anymore... I keep getting this feeling...

Well, some of us dearly hope that the Creators do "have their own story mapped out." I think the series would be in sad shape if they relied completely on our feedback to decide where to go.

Of course, the series seems to be in sad shape anyway. Unless Lurker's right, and this development is all about Bree learning about her own ethical standards, and what she can and can't accomplish through the exercise of her will.

Clearly she seems to be surprised that Jules isn't willing to change her entire outlook simply because Bree (has her tied up in the corner of a motel room and) explains to her that her outlook is wrong.

Maybe this development is designed to show her learning the difference between a childish view of free will -- "I can do anything I want, and damn the consequences" -- and an adult view, which takes consequences into consideration.

Hippie wrote:
im here in the 7 cities of VA, wishing to move too....

"The 7 cities of VA"? What's that about? I've heard of the Research Triangle of NC, and I've heard of the Twin Cities of MN, but I've never heard of the 7 cities of Virginia.
Gidget
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="je_sais_cequisetrame"]
alysaface wrote:

Then again, reality is NOT on the side of this series quite often, so anyway... whatever. I'll go with it. But I'll still bitch. Silently.

Hahaha I couldn't agree with you more.

I just have faith that the creators have a larger plan for this. I mean seriously guys, they aren't stupid. They know that this is the "wrong" thing for a logical person to do.

Remember guys, this is a story. These are characters. This is what we in the industry call "character development" and personally I'm glad they are flawed characters. It makes it more interesting. This is the tip of the ice burg for a lot of new elements of the story and character relationships, so I am excited.

But yeah, I still say they'd have a hard time getting a tied up teenager into a hotel....
rayne100
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I can't believe that no one mentioned the the amount of time they have been holding Jules!
In the video, Bree says 24 hours, I can't believe them. I'm sure her parents aren't oblivious to the fact that their daughter has mysteriously disapeared. I would have thought that they would have taken her back to the hotel room for a couple of hours and tried to talk some sense into her, but not a whole 24 hours. All three of them deserve jail time!
I'm seriously rethinking watching this series any further.
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, wish I had a clear theory on where this is going, but I'm stumped this time.

I do think that maybe we aren't meant to like Jules... maybe she will refuse to listen, they'll let her go, she'll go haughtily to the ceremony and we find out she gets killed somehow... it's the only explaination I have for the creators choosing and persisting with someone who so many people don't like (they don't want to kill off characters who we like, do they?)

I do hope they keep Taylor and Sarah in speaking of characters I like... Sarah would have made a great Tachy Very Happy

je_sais_cequisetrame wrote:

...I like the phrase "What Would Tachyon Do" and I propose that someone puts that on a bracelet like the WWJDs, hehe.

Oh yeah, that so needs to be done! Laughing
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a show that has free will at it's core, control and manipulation are rampant.

will jules still refuse a drink in a few days? doubtful. if you're gonna do this, you expect she'll need some time to get past stubborn defiance. bette midler did. she lost weight and made them all rich. although she did get to watch tv. "if you're shooting at me, where's your gun?"

bree and daniel have told us of bree's brilliance, but when has that been demonstrated? please; convince me.

with their past knot-tying exhibition in mind, jules will be home before you know it.

i still think six flags is an option. db: "do you want some frozen dots?"
jules: slapping the dots to the ground "i don't want anything from you!!"
aideen
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word. Say it with me.

"Chl-oro-for-mmmm"

Jeez.

Languorous Lass wrote:

Or the end of MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL. (Which was years before Seinfeld, BTW.)

-shudder- That ending could only ever work for MPTHG

"Hi! We're here to take you to Six Flags, little girl. But first we wanna tie you up".
~Jonas [My Lover]

I like funfunfun Wink
cssoinc
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is proof that Bree's isolation while being home schooled caused her to have a serious deficiency in social skills.....Why didn't she send Taylor and Sarah to talk to her first before kidnapping Jules? She may have listened to someone she had at least seen before.
megs229
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video was, (can I still say this word?) Bogus! rotfl I kill myself Something big is gonna happen!!! I can feel it in my bones.... then again, it is raining outside! haha

P.S. Sorry guys, I am in a really weird mood. I am anxiously awaiting online ticket sales for a local concert that start in like less than five minutes!! Very Happy
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessica is looking hot again...

...but what the f**k is up with the series? I mean, come on! Bree abducts a teenage girl and is actually surprised the victim doesn't like it? WTF?

Bree used to be smrt. This series used to make sense (mostly). But this is just ridiculous. The Creators are simply trying to stretch the storyline - to add action without having to reveal anything. And it's just bad. Literally bad. It doesn't fit anything we've seen before. This whole "Daniel intervened as well" shit is nothing but a cheap cop-out to let a fucking abduction of a teenager look like no more than a stupid mistake.

None of the characters ever showed any character trait that'd make you think they'd be capable of abducting children. Daniel has been kidnapped by the Order twice - and you want me to believe he likes kidnapping so much, he'd be the one dragging her out? Bree was terryfied whenever she only saw a Watcher, and now she's confused that the girl she attacked and abducted isn't cooperative? This entire arc is totally out of character for Bree and Daniel, and nothing but a cheap attempt to keep us watching. All it'll do is f**k up character continuity. Who of you is ever gonna believe the whole "cute little Bree" thing again, after she kidnapped a child? Who of you is ever going to believe in Daniel's tender, caring side again, after seeing him dragging away a crying, screaming for help teenager?

Great job, Creators. You almost made a year, could've built up a grand finale for the anniversary, and ended this show with a bang, to be remembered by all of us, and giving us an incentive to go watch Kate's Play--- err KateModern.
Instead, you fucked it up. Majorly. Now, all we're going to remember is how LG15 could have become something great, but jumped the shark X-Files-style because you had to drag it on. Rolling Eyes

We need Glenn back. Fast.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
Unscathed
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only imagine the next few videos.

"Well, if we don't want to get arrested we better get back to Mexico. But we're going to need money..."

"EVERYBODY GET ON THE FLOOR AND DON'T MOVE."

Shocked
je_sais_cequisetrame
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unscathed wrote:
I can only imagine the next few videos.

"Well, if we don't want to get arrested we better get back to Mexico. But we're going to need money..."

"EVERYBODY GET ON THE FLOOR AND DON'T MOVE."

Shocked

Hell yes. With Jonas waving that gun around again. Seriously, these three are gonna be on "When Good Teens Go Bad" pretty soon. I dunno if the creators want to make them like who they think Tachy was or totally opposite from her, but THAT scenario above... I might not be surprised.
tailortaru
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has all already been decided. The series will end with a giant explosion.

A giant EXPLOSION of FLAVOR from ICE BREAKERS GUM! HURRAY!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: