Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I the only person?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aguy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: No one is dead?! Reply with quote

Satan_0 wrote:
Hey...

I'd just like to point out.. I didn't want anyone harmed! I just wanted Bree to become pregnant with the spirit of Aleister Crowley and give birth to him as the Antichrist or something... Twisted Evil Or she could have at least gone missing and Daniel could have gone road tripping to find her... In that suggestion no-one gets hurt 'cept the environment... UNLESS! Daniel drives a hybrid car in which case... umm.. nvm I digress...

Satan_0

Yeah, but wouldn't giving birth to the antichrist imply that some people would get harmed? Wink
aguy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:

BTW, I love your avatar. Reminds me of the good ole days when Bree was cute. <weep> <sob> Sad
aguy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orvetti wrote:
I, too, had hoped for more on 10 12 06, but as a few folks have pointed out, all the Creators ever told us about those numbers was that they corresponded to the quality of various cookies. The "buildup" of Oct. 12 wasn't exactly "Gabbo Is Coming!"

Well, that's not exactly true. The use of "06" instead of "6" was a clue that it was meant to be a date. And they DID have the ceremony be on 10/6. So the interpretation of the cookie clues was correct. If the ceremony wasn't on 10/6, then I'd agree that they never claimed anything. But to have a buildup to the ceremony on 10/6 and then have the ceremony on 10/6 and then NOT deliever, well, that's just wrong! Smile

I have two theories about this:

1) [previously posted] They are purposely bringing us to a place of anticlimax so that the twist they have in store will be even greater.

2) [new theory] The creators are trying to wrap up the series, but can't do it with such a strong fan base. And so their intent it to drive this into the ground by boring us to death, until the fan base dwindles away, and then they can end the series without a huge outcry.

Either possibility has equal weight in my mind. But #2 is starting to gain more weight.
demerick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this weren't outed as a "fake," having so many people disappointed that something bad didn't happen would be very disturbing. Imagine finding out the girl next door was going to a ceremony for a religion you know very little about and hoping that she would almost be sacrificed at the altar (with a little disclaimer that someone will come along and save her). I'm sure that gets some people's rocks off or we wouldn't have people like Ted Bundy or Dahmer around. However, we have the comfort of knowing that this isn't reality so we can anticipate the unthinkable in the name of entertainment.

I think most of the disappointment wasn't based on a desire to see Bree hurt, but in the fact that our discussions suggested that she was in danger. The suspense is great, and having the added benefit of discussing clues as a community has us more invested in this than we would be in a movie or television show. We were hoping for answers that we didn't get and I personal felt that the questions were futile if we didn't have answers on the way. The clues were going stale and we needed more to kick around (thankfully, the newest video gave us new clues to discuss and get our hearts racing again).

Still, I hurt and sometimes kill characters that I have spent months getting to know. I do this in the name of entertainment and there have been times I've been ready to give up writing because the thought of hurting this make-believe person I know so well is just too much. My empathy for The Creators if this does involve hurting Bree or Daniel abounds. They have made characters that have captured us and if they don't care about them enough to hate the thought of harm coming to either of them, I'd wonder about their sanity.

Anyway, just my two cents as to why people were disappointed that the ceremony wasn't more immediately harmful to the characters (if it is going to be harmful at all, but I think the buildup has been too great for it to be benign).
deanna234
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think something is going to happen to Dan not bree...I mean look at the last video...something is really going on there.
CrazyNic
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deanna234 wrote:
I personally think something is going to happen to Dan not bree...I mean look at the last video...something is really going on there.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that. Bree's in "trouble" but Daniels life might be on the line if he can't save her first. Confused
augustwhispers
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing what'll be happening.
I like storylines that have some sort of morbid fascination with the unknown, which basically, is what this whole thing is.
No one knows what Bree is into FOR SURE.
No one knows if Daniel is a good guy or bad guy FOR SURE.
No one knows when this story is going to end FOR SURE.

Hell, for all we know, Daniel could end up missing and/or in danger.
As much as I don't want to see that happen (I think his character is getting more interesting each video), it would add alot of complexity.
Think about it: who would be concerned if Daniel went missing?
BREE. She says she doesn't care and is done with him, but I have a feeling that if something actually did happen to him, she'd try to find out what.
She's a smart (but sadly, naive) girl, who I think tends to care for Daniel alot more than she's letting on. All because she's confused to what she thinks is right and wrong. My theory, at least.

I say, go along with it.
If people are really so pissy that they're going to leave, so what? Not like this is life-changing or anything.
It's simple entertainment, people. Another form of television.
And when you overreact with impatience, all it shows is that you rely too much on this to keep you interested.
How about this: Read a book. Watch a movie.
More than likely, a conclusion will always be there, and a sense of knowing the ending will settle your anxious nerves.

Otherwise, stick it out. It's going to end eventually, anyway.
And then what happens? I frankly don't want to think about that.
This is fun all in itself with the people on the forums.
You guys are a hoot, haha.

Just remember: without the audience, the show can't go on.
I think the story has just begun. Wink
kalli182
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demerick wrote:
If this weren't outed as a "fake," having so many people disappointed that something bad didn't happen would be very disturbing. Imagine finding out the girl next door was going to a ceremony for a religion you know very little about and hoping that she would almost be sacrificed at the altar (with a little disclaimer that someone will come along and save her). I'm sure that gets some people's rocks off or we wouldn't have people like Ted Bundy or Dahmer around. However, we have the comfort of knowing that this isn't reality so we can anticipate the unthinkable in the name of entertainment.

The creators , being outed so early in the project, put a whole new spin on this series by taking our opinions and ideas and adding them to the storyline...They may be following thier original plans or not but i very much doubt that we would be at this stage if they had been able to keep it under wraps.
Is a fan controlled show what they originally wanted?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: