Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Update] Frank is dead. (10/10/06)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Martha...we had to learn about Frank's death some way and his wife posting to the friends that she discovered he had makes perfect sense. Also, I don't understand what Xnyanpanx thinks is so not "sane" about what she wrote. People have to write eulogies for loved one's everyday and I think it was a beautiful eulogy.
Rick9955
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if Frank's death was faked by cassie? In the end, Frank was trying to stop Casise and trying to turn us against her. Maybe she took him over and had him post the death blog to stop him from turning us from her?

Of course, that would mean she would still have him, otherwise we'd of heard from him since...
martha
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
I agree with Martha...we had to learn about Frank's death some way and his wife posting to the friends that she discovered he had makes perfect sense. Also, I don't understand what Xnyanpanx thinks is so not "sane" about what she wrote. People have to write eulogies for loved one's everyday and I think it was a beautiful eulogy.

I think it was a little unrealistic, having posted it the very next day. Granted, she did leave him, so maybe the harshness was to be expected.
sraosa
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
I think it was a little unrealistic, having posted it the very next day. Granted, she did leave him, so maybe the harshness was to be expected.

Am I alone in thinking it really wasn't that *harsh*? Just, maybe not that sympathetic, or emotional. But I can tell you, having lost my mother tragically and suddenly, I can assure you that it's entirely possible to be factual, forthright, and (seemingly) cold the day of/after the death of a loved one. Defense mechanisms, and all that. She thanked the people who'd been in her husband's life in his last days, reiterated what a kind person he was (which I don't think she would've done if she truly had no warm feelings for/about him whatsoever), and notified us of what happened.

Completely realistic, to me. No one was there to see if it was hard for her to do on the other end of the computer.

As far as her using the computer he was at, it's also possible that, having been married to him, she noted the website and his username and simply guessed his password when wanting to post at a later time. I know for a fact that I know or could guess all of my husband's passwords. Again, not impossible.

I just think some of you are reading entirely too much into this, and using unreliable "evidence" for the notion that he faked his death.

~ Sraosa

Coming soon to a YouTube near you.
martha
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that she posted it on a website was unrealistic. Would you do that if your significant other had passed away? Perhaps, but probably not the very next day. I don't think it's very important though, I think Frank is completely out of the picture.
augustwhispers
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did anyone ever figure out Frank's full name?

I found this: http://legacy.com/LATimes/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=19528815

Probably isn't connected, but since it doesn't really have any details, but is in the appropriate area and time... who knows?
Maybe Frank was real.

: cringe : Confused

So now that I've totally freaked myself out, despite still standing slightly strong in the theory of it being just a story, your guys' turn to see what to make of it.
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real person would be very unlikely to have the first entry of their blog, started at an awfully convenient time, be composed of paragraphs with the letters of "CODES INTO SERAPIS" as the first letter, in order. I can't even fathom what the odds of a meaningful, connected phrase appearing in that way would be.

I think it's very safe to assume that Frank was nothing more than a character in an ARG.
demerick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angie78gg wrote:
If he blew his brains out. Logically, there would be brain matter lodged into the key's(saying he shot himself). I would think making it hard to type. Who know's, maybe they removed every key and cleaned it thoroughly. Still not likely. I dont think this part was very well thought out.

Warning: Very disturbing discussion here, especially for those who have lost someone to a shooting of any kind.

Sorry to go all "Forensic Files" here, but I love ballistics and in another life where I had a better grasp of science and math I probably would've made a career of the subject. As it stands, I just get a working knowledge of the subject and write it.

Technically, when a person is shot or shoots himself and the bullet leaves the body, the gore emerges from the exit wound, not the entrance wound. When the bullet enters the body, pressure is built up from the impact so when the bullet leaves the body, the pressure sends internal organs and blood out with it. The energy created as matter leaves the skull often pushes the skull in the direction of the entrance wound as opposed to the exit wound as logic would dictate.

How does this apply to Frank? Based on the discussion here, we're assuming that Frank died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Frank was a hunter, so logically he would have a rifle. Statistics show that, when a person commits suicide with a rifle, the most common point of impact is through the mouth (24.3%) and the second most common is through the right temple (22.9%). If Frank were to go with the most common form of suicide most of the gore would escape from the back of his head, but he would fall forward (possibly over the keyboard) and the remaining blood would flood the keyboard and probably short it or render it useless.

However, if he were to use the second most common site (and Frank doesn't strike me as a guy that goes the most popular route), the exit wound would be on his left and most of the gore would leave through that area. He would then fall to his right, missing the keyboard and making it plausible that his widow could still use the keyboard to type her message. It is possible that there would be some blood on the keyboard, but it wouldn't be enough to render it useless.

If you have a strong stomach and want to learn more, this website, http://www-medlib.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/GUNS/GUNINJ.html#1 , has amazing information and is the source of the statistics I quoted earlier.

Now for the personal stuff. As for Kaye cleaning the computer before sending such an unemotional message, it's plausible. When I was twelve, my brother chose to commit suicide with a shotgun to the chin. My mother made the decision to remove him from life support, something that required logic as opposed to emotion. Additionally, my father cleaned up the area where my brother shot himself. Grief is a strange thing and it affects everyone differently. While someone can completely fall apart (as my sister did) or go into immediate denial (as I did), others can maintain the necessary logic to do what needs to be done in terms of cleanup, funeral preparations, etc. In this case, Kaye maintained enough logic to wipe away whatever blood hit the computer and type out a message to those who cared about Frank in his final days.

End disturbing part of this post.

My point is that the PM wasn't necessarily careless with this. It's possible that Kaye's message is entirely realistic for her despite the gore surrounding her. Then again, maybe Frank left his rifle in his truck and instead downed his entire bottle of Atavan along with his Jack. Or, perhaps Frank's pickled liver finally had too much Jack and gave out on him.

Not that this will contribute at all to the discussion. I just found something that interests me and, seeing as how I have absolutely no life, felt the need to write it up for y'all.
daykar
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! that's impressive...i too have an affinity for forensics and have spent many a weekend watching tivo'd episodes of forensic files and CSI Smile bravo on a well thought out and researched post!
Boondongle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW...

Well thank you for the fair warning on that post Shocked
demerick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daykar wrote:
wow! that's impressive...i too have an affinity for forensics and have spent many a weekend watching tivo'd episodes of forensic files and CSI Smile bravo on a well thought out and researched post!

Thanks. It passed the time anyway. Very Happy

boondongle wrote:
WOW...

Well thank you for the fair warning on that post Shocked

Anytime...although for some reason I get the feeling that you didn't heed the fair warning...Very Happy. I do know that I'm in the minority since I'm not disturbed by that (maybe I should be Ted Bundy when I grow up Twisted Evil ). It's strange that my interest in the subject grew due to personal tragedy instead of declining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: