Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heres my question...[about Gemma]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KRISTINSAUR
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Heres my question...[about Gemma] Reply with quote

If Gemma was in THE ORDER
aka : BIG SCARY SOCIETY THATS FREAKING BIG AND...scary...and stuff [and what not]

Why would she say DON'T TRUST THE AUTHORITIES?

Because if I was in the ORDER, and said

'DON'T TRUST AUTHORITIES'
It would be to make sure I wasn't cought.

So basically,
If she was in the order, why would she say the authorities were?

Theres only one reason
TO MAKE SURE THE ORDER ISNT FOUND OUT AND COUGHT!

Also, I'm pretty new here. I read around.

If this was said before,
Pardon my blondness.
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemma was a plant whose main purpose was to lead Bree back to the Order. She kept pushing the idea of going home. She wanted Bree to believe the authorities would just turn her over to the Order, so it would be best for her to go home.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been led to believe that the Order is above the local police station being something they would fear. I'd say the most likely reason that there seems to be oddities in Gemma's behavior is that the character wasn't always intended to be a bad guy. There were times that she gave advice that could only have worked against the Order (like telling Bree that story about Tachyon's family, who vanished).

I'm guessing that once Jackie decided she didn't want to spend time doing the series anymore, the Creators decided to make the character a bad guy and off her.
SARAHPHOBIA88
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was Tachy's family that Gemma spoke of? I didn't know that!

d'oh!

My videos: http://one.revver.com/account/show/SARAHgirl81
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemma...sigh I miss her.

It sucks that she's gone. And it sucks that she turned out bad. But that inconsistency is because someone got to her, forced her to betray Bree, much like Lando was forced to betray his friends.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
There were times that she gave advice that could only have worked against the Order (like telling Bree that story about Tachyon's family, who vanished).

I always thought the purpose of this was to make Bree afraid of the Order, and therefore afraid to defy them.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
Lurker wrote:
There were times that she gave advice that could only have worked against the Order (like telling Bree that story about Tachyon's family, who vanished).

I always thought the purpose of this was to make Bree afraid of the Order, and therefore afraid to defy them.

I don't think it would have worked to that effect. Gemma said it was after the ceremony was completed that the disappearances happened, so I think Bree would most likely take that as a warning to not go through with it.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Lurker.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
spiff5000
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Gemma did make statements that seemed anti-Order. But these comments were intentionally false to gain Bree's trust so she could eventually direct Bree into their clutches.
luzdzus
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gemma started out honestly giving B&D the best advice she could, not realizing that the Order would be watching. After she posted "Scared to go Home", one or more Watchers had a talk with her and told her what to say to Bree. "Daniel is Right" is basically the straight Order line. She knew she was being watched and was probably pretty scared. By the time she made "Bad Decisions", she had recovered enough of her composure to realize that she should give Bree some sort of warning, hence the broken rose, and babbling on about disconnected subjects. She basically wanted Bree to ignore the entire video. I think Bree caught on, and did exactly the opposite of what Gemma was telling her to (going to Jonas's). Enter Tachyon. She sees Gemma's videos and has enough inside information to know that Gemma's advice will send Bree back into the Order's loving arms, but misses the danger signal, so she thinks Gemma is really an Order stooge. Bang.

So, Gemma betrayed the Order by trying to help B&D and giving away secrets. Then she betrayed B&D by putting out the Order's message without any danger signals. Then she betrayed the Order again by warning Bree.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemma had been working for the Order since at least the February before Bree began making vlogs, though. She participated in an assassination attempt on Brother (led War Pylol, a member of OpAphid's Ipod Opera group, right to his door).
megabyte
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Gemma had been working for the Order since at least the February before Bree began making vlogs, though. She participated in an assassination attempt on Brother (led War Pylol, a member of OpAphid's Ipod Opera group, right to his door).

Can you post a link to the thread where this was discussed?
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember which ones specifically alluded to it, but they indicated that Brother had been romantically involved with Gemma and that they were taking revenge on her for what she did to him. I'll look around through the opaphid threads, but if anyone else has anything right now Razz

Edit: Okay... Spent far too long searching. I had throught there was a sticky with it but I must have missed it the first time.

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4230

It's a thread summarizing all of the stuff that happened in that arc of OpAphid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: