Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Story Arc?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should This Story Arc End?
No, I like everything the way it is.
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Yes, the story keeps getting stale, and it's time for something new.
74%
 74%  [ 29 ]
Down with TAAG, up with KateModern.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other random thoughts (Please state what they are)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
More Soap Opera Drama, please!
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 39

Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: New Story Arc? Reply with quote

I think it's time, or near time, to let go of the ceremony, solve this, and move on.

Anyone else want to add? attack? drink slurpees?

Oh ****, forgot about beer.

And I listened to that song, and it sucked. No offense.
pandababy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's time for something new!
because this ceremony crap is definitely starting to get old...

but i'll take one of those slurpees Wink
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Random Thoughts
Well it does not have to end. I do like the characters, so they should definately stay (at least most of them). The ceremony and order thing is getting a bit old though. I think the best thing now might be them actually going to attack the order head on! Have Sarah infiltrate the friggin organisation and find out what they're really about. Maybe link it to a big old conspiracy or something. Making it bigger like that would also make it easier to pay attention to other persons involved.

When starting a new story arc they should at least be running both of the for a while to get the fanbase to get used to it. I'd like it if we got a completely unattached story from other people that would seems to have connections with this one at a later stadium. Maybe people working in secrecy for some organisation for wich they do biological research and then suddenly finding out quitting that job has been lethal for 2 or 3 colleagues. Just a suggestion.

They should blow the whole thing open, explain some stuff and come up with answers.
pandababy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightSilence wrote:
My Random Thoughts
Well it does not have to end. I do like the characters, so they should definately stay (at least most of them). The ceremony and order thing is getting a bit old though. I think the best thing now might be them actually going to attack the order head on! Have Sarah infiltrate the friggin organisation and find out what they're really about. Maybe link it to a big old conspiracy or something. Making it bigger like that would also make it easier to pay attention to other persons involved.

When starting a new story arc they should at least be running both of the for a while to get the fanbase to get used to it. I'd like it if we got a completely unattached story from other people that would seems to have connections with this one at a later stadium. Maybe people working in secrecy for some organisation for wich they do biological research and then suddenly finding out quitting that job has been lethal for 2 or 3 colleagues. Just a suggestion.

They should blow the whole thing open, explain some stuff and come up with answers.[/b]

yes! this current arc wouldn't be so annoying if it didn't drag on and on, imo. i love the characters, but we really need a new spin on things.
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightSilence wrote:
My Random Thoughts

They should blow the whole thing open, explain some stuff and come up with answers.

Maybe my writing is a little murky, lol. That is what I meant by the Yes, new story vote.

Same characters, new problem.

I like your idea 100% though, I find myself thinking along the same lines quite often.

Oh ****, forgot about beer.

And I listened to that song, and it sucked. No offense.
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool if they set up an entirely different storyline next to this one. New people and initially new problems to deal with. Later on they could easilly combine storylines and write old characters out (since there has been talk of Bree leaving and her story ending at some point).

The creators already promised us that the overall story would continue. I like the idea of it being much bigger than we are all expecting (kind of like in 24 when they think everything is fixed and it was just a preview of the bigger thing or a distraction).

The order could be part of a government research into 1) Cloning 2) Mind controll 3) Brainwashing or whatever.

I'm just typing them as I think of em. But that would be cool.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They definitely need to resolve this storyline. God yes.

BrightSilence wrote:
When starting a new story arc they should at least be running both of the for a while to get the fanbase to get used to it.

I think that would be a very, very bad idea. Given that most of us are already eager to see a resolution to this stuff with the ceremony and the Order, and given also that many fans are frustrated with how many new subplots, plot elements, etc. pop up without old ones being resolved, beginning an altogether new direction without summarily closing up shop on the first one would probably be the nail in the coffin for the series where a lot of folks are concerned.

Imagine if "Pirates of the Caribbean" had started the Flything Dutchman scenario without first tying up the Black Pearl matter. Aside from the fact that it would have ruined the series one movie in advance, it would have also been irritating as f**k.

Spades wrote:
That is what I meant by the Yes, new story vote.

Same characters, new problem.

I know I'll probably be in the minority on this one, but I kind of don't want the same characters next time. I think they deserve resolution (as do we).

Besides, after having the Illuminati on their asses, it'd be difficult to up the crisis any further (unless the entire world was to then be in danger instead of just TAAG).
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I think that would be a very, very bad idea. Given that most of us are already eager to see a resolution to this stuff with the ceremony and the Order, and given also that many fans are frustrated with how many new subplots, plot elements, etc. pop up without old ones being resolved, beginning an altogether new direction without summarily closing up shop on the first one would probably be the nail in the coffin for the series where a lot of folks are concerned.
I meant that as beginning a new story with new characters NOW and start solving some of the old stuff at the same time, maybe working on tieing them together as I mentioned in my previous post.

I also forgot to mention that I would love to see more ARG elements returning with the progression of the storyline!
MayhemII
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree we need a new storyline, but we really need to keep the as many of the same character as we can. Bree, Daniel, Jonas, Sarah, etc should go on a new (for lack of a better word) mission. I doubt many people would be into a completely different story with unfamiliar characters.
00:19:07] MayhemII: Bree what genre of music is "your song"?

[00:19:33] lonelygirl15: genre? the genre of eternal happiness. hmmmmmmm
Woo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightSilence wrote:
Lurker wrote:
I meant that as beginning a new story with new characters NOW and start solving some of the old stuff at the same time, maybe working on tieing them together as I mentioned in my previous post.

I also forgot to mention that I would love to see more ARG elements returning with the progression of the storyline!

I guess the 'Kate Modern' series might do what you said in your first paragraph, new characters, new location, new story but still in the Breeniverse and presumably will have HoO aspects to it? Whilst the original LG15 series will run alongside it.

I just want to find out what the darned ceremony is already, it's been close to a year now, time to resolve it...or atleast tell us what it is exactly!
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a completely offtopic question, when will the Kate Modern thing start? And is it actually clear that it will be part of the Breeniverse? I always thought it was just another project that wasn't connected.

A bit more ontopic. The other story arc should not tie to the HoO seeing as this is just one part of the order (wich might be part of something bigger aswell). Plus it would be to much of the same things they encounter. I'd say at first keep the story farther appart.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightSilence wrote:
Lurker wrote:

I see what you're saying now. That could probably work.

BrightSilence wrote:
As a completely offtopic question, when will the Kate Modern thing start? And is it actually clear that it will be part of the Breeniverse? I always thought it was just another project that wasn't connected.

Nope, KM will be set in the same world as LG15.
oxdeltaxo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ceremony needs to get wrapped up, I think they need to move on to something else. Keep the same people, but get a different cast for a parallel story line and gear it to a more mature audience,preferably the 18 to 30 y/o range. Keeping bdjs story going down some other rabbit hole than the ceremony, which runs in the 13 to 25 y/o range. Eventually yes cross over the story lines, but till then I'd prefer something of a mature story line rather than teen soap opera dramas, and for the love of god avoid the soap opera genre, more thriller less filler.
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say the search for Jonas' parents would make an excellent "season 2".
Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skunkwaffle wrote:
I still say the search for Jonas' parents would make an excellent "season 2".

Me too!
My LG15 Vid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: