Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why does everyone sympathize with Daniel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Why does everyone sympathize with Daniel? Reply with quote

He's really getting on my nerves. He's become a paranoid dick. In the latest video, he BREAKS INTO A PRIVATE RESIDENCE (It's not so much the criminality of the act, I would be one to talk, but more the paranoid dickishness of it) to look at Lucy's computer. When he finds out that Bree's religious organization has a couple of pictures of HIM EVESDROPING ON THEIR PRIVATE RELIGIOUS CEREMONY, he runs home and says "OMG WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM ME?" Daniel, two things:
A) Trying not speaking entirely in clichés
B) I'm not sure if you've noticed, but you're the one who's obsessive-compulsively stalking your ex-girlfriend, spying on her, recording videos of her while spying on her and uploading it onto the Internet, and breaking into her friends' houses to rummage through their stuff. I'd say they're the ones who should be saying "WHAT DOES HE WANT FROM US?"

Also, Daniel, in case you don't know, when you commit an illegal activity, it's a good idea not to upload a video of you doing it onto The Internet. And why are you so amazed they saw you at their ceremony. You have the grace of a hippo, plus you uploaded footage of yourself at their ceremony onto The Internet. And while we're at it, ever heard of night-vision cameras?

Daniel is a silly man and he always seems like he's either gone all night without sleep or is high on crystal meth. Never in between! And he has "Watchmen" listed in his YouTube profile. Newsflash, Daniel! Alan Moore is a Thelemite. You probably don't want to save him from his evil religion because he's a big hairy man and not a girl who will possibly sleep with you. There are other fish in the sea, Daniel. The ship has sailed.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Brucker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can't quite figure out Daniel, either. The guy gets offended when his girlfriend refuses to go out with him on one of her religious holidays, thinks he's a big hero because he attended a public event, and freaks out because Bree is leaving the house with someone other than himself.

Now, after sneaking around and taking videos of a ceremony he wasn't supposed to be at and breaking into somebody's house, he's upset because somebody took some pictures of him?
Jenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can clearly see why people are sympathising with Daniel. I mean, he's just going to the extremes to try and protect Bree. They have no right to try and track him, and I can see why he's scared.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenna wrote:
I can clearly see why people are sympathising with Daniel. I mean, he's just going to the extremes to try and protect Bree. They have no right to try and track him, and I can see why he's scared.

Some could argue that he has no right to invade the privacy of some girl he has a crush on just because her religious beliefs are unorthodox.

spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you look at from a different point of view, what he's done isn't bad but good. What if Bree really is in trouble and needs to be saved? Her parents don't seem to be alarmed by anything that has happened so far..and she doesn't have any other friends. If he is honestly worried about her, what else is he supposed to do..tell the cops or his parents? I think that he is worried and believes Bree still likes him and is being mis-giuded or manipulated. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with anything he's done so far- so don't anyone flip out on me, I'm just saying that I think that's the point of view he's coming from. And I know that being worried about someone doesn't justify breaking in to someone's apartment...but he's young and dumb right? I did a lot of stupid shit when I was his age..especially when it came to "love" (or whatever you would call the stupid, immature interaction I had with boys back then)
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not criticizing his methods but his motivation. Is he concerned that she's being "brainwashed", or that she's being brainwashed by a group that's "weird"? If she was a Methodist, would he care?

Brucker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if he thinks she's in trouble, of course he's going to be concerned, but personally, I see virtually no evidence for that from the videos.

What did he find out about the ceremony? That Bree might have to walk back and forth in a straight line and speak a funny language? In my own life, I've done more dangerous things for two different mainstream religions, and I doubt anyone cares.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
I'm not criticizing his methods but his motivation. Is he concerned that she's being "brainwashed", or that she's being brainwashed by a group that's "weird"? If she was a Methodist, would he care?

I don't know.....but I care for my friends. And hell yeah, I would do stupid things to get them out of it if I thought they were in danger. Do you have friends?
Amara
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's the fact that these people force her to have a certain diet, get certain shots, and oh yes lets not forget the strange night time ceremonies....if she were Methodist I'm sure they wouldn't be doing these things....

The guy is just really really curious about her religion...and such...

Tell them Stories...
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Really curious" is like the understatement of the century.

The guy is a stalker, and that's creepy.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amara wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's the fact that these people force her to have a certain diet

You mean like Orthodox Judaism? Or Catholicism? Or Yoga? Or basically any functional religion because diet is an important part of physical health which is an important part of spiritual development?

glowe126
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: something bad is going to happen Reply with quote

Even Bree admits that something bad is going to happen to him if he doesn't stop. I like Daniel and I hope he saves Bree.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: something bad is going to happen Reply with quote

glowe126 wrote:
Even Bree admits that something bad is going to happen to him if he doesn't stop. I like Daniel and I hope he saves Bree.

Something bad would happen to him if I found him breaking into my apartment and rummaging through my computer files too...

Cassies_Head
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta say I agree with you, Daniel is just irratating me at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: