Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pills and shots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenshimmer wrote:
Actually, the camp is part of the religion. Daniel went the previous year and said that its purpose was to learn about the religion. The skit was also related to the religion--remember he talked about the Mayflower? He waid it was creepy too.

Greenshimmer, your mention of the Mayflower creeped me out. I was reading more of Crowley's writings, and found that he wrote a play called "The Ship." The plot's a little hard to figure out, because his followers tend to write in language that's as obscure and flowery as his. But basically, it involves a number of characters, including a virgin and a king. The king is assassinated and his body is dismembered. The commentator who's describing the play talks about a lot of stuff that combines Crowley's philosophy with talk about the play, so it's difficult to tell which is the philosophy and which is the play. But it's clear that this last bit is part of the play: "as the dawn's light . . . prevails," the young king "awakes and is reborn."

Apparently in his play, Crowley regarded the "ship" as the body and its cargo as the soul.

In the only production the play has ever had, the death didn't really take place; it was portrayed symbolically. But what if the Order of Denderah has decided to carry out in reality the actions described in the play?

The Mayflower isn't the only mention of a ship in the videos, either. Remember "Proving Longitude Wrong"? That involved ships too. I can't imagine that this is a coincidence.

All of this seems to me to support my theory that Bree will do the sacrificing, rather than be sacrificed. The death of the old king, though, makes me wonder whether it'll be Bree's dad, rather than Daniel, who's the victim.

Anyway, back to your theory. I think your ideas about the diet being a form of purification makes a lot of sense. I don't think she's spent the entire time fasting -- she was allowed milk and cookies one day, after all -- but the idea that fasting is part of the "diet" seems consistent with what we've seen.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iqfrenzy wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
I'm anemic. I've been anemic my entire life. I have no kids. Sometimes people have a hereditary condition that makes them chronically anemic. Let's not jump to too many conclusions.

I don't see that conclusions were jumped to. An article was simply quoted that used the phrase "particularly if pregnant". By the way, I'm anemic also.

Your point, exactly? I didn't exactly chastise anyone...but the pregnancy thing keeps being played out when the creators have said this is to be kept PG13...so...ya know. Just offering another bit of info on iron pills. You don't like it, uh, sorry, I guess.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: leaving Reply with quote

one need vacination when leaving to some forign countries...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vaccination thing has popped up, but hasnt' fully been discussed. It's another interesting thing, since these folk seem to travel frequently between countries...and entire families evidently disappear after these types of ceremonies...
lousiethrill
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
The vaccination thing has popped up, but hasnt' fully been discussed. It's another interesting thing, since these folk seem to travel frequently between countries...and entire families evidently disappear after these types of ceremonies...

That is a really, really good point. But, and I'm asking honestly, I don't know a thing about it, does one really need to be vaccinated daily for weeks on end to travel somewhere? I thought it was just a one time thing.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, really.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst set of shots I'm aware of is the shots you have to take if you've been bitten by an animal that may have been rabid and the authorities can't find the animal to determine for sure.

In that case, according to Wikipedia, "In the United States, patients receive one dose of immunoglobulin and five doses of rabies vaccine over a twenty-eight day period. One-half the dose of immunoglobulin is injected in the region of the bite, if possible, with the remainder injected intramuscularly away from the bite. "

On the subject of pre-travel rabies vaccinations, Wikipedia also says, "A preexposure vaccination is also available for humans, most commonly given to veterinarians and those traveling to regions where the disease is common, such as India. (Most tourists would not need such a vaccination, just those doing substantial non-urban activities.)"

So even with rabies, you don't have to get a shot every single day for weeks on end.
lousiethrill
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Hormones? Reply with quote

You know, if we could get some feedback on how the shots make her feel, not just if she's more tired or awake, but if she has mood swings, finds herself aroused (sexually or otherwise), it'd be a great help.
Another thing to just toy with is the idea of hormones. When undergoing a sex change (which is not probable in the least, but it's a start) one has to have shots of their desired gender's hormone I believe daily for weeks on end. This might also be a nod to the pregnancy theory.
If it is some sort of sex rite, they might be testosterone shots to, oh, I don't know, make her feel closer to the man/boy she's commiting with? Or perhaps making her stronger, perhaps even more one-minded and less compassionate if she needs to sacrifice someone?
I don't know, I'm just throwing theories out there..any thoughts?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't support the pregnancy theory. In all the fertility treatments I've had, I haven't had to have a shot daily. I've had a "trigger shot"...but it's once, not daily and it has to be a specific day.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's Soma like in Brave New World. Laughing
lousiethrill
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never read that, can you explain for the dummies like myself?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...let's just say "futuristic" world where everyone is mind controlled, taking soma so that they don't feel emotion...etc...hard to explain.
sidewalkflight
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's been covered by as for the iron pills, it's either that they are not really iron pills or they're for some more obscure reason.

20% of women of child-bearing age (which can be 10+) have anemia, and many more just some iron defficiency. It wouldn't make sense for her to be taking iron pills because of anemia because it's so common and wouldn't really add anything to the plot or mystery.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I just don't support the pregnancy theory. In all the fertility treatments I've had, I haven't had to have a shot daily. I've had a "trigger shot"...but it's once, not daily and it has to be a specific day.

Now I don't think Bree is having fertility treatments myself.......but if she were it is possible in an invitro cycle to administer multiple shots daily. During my IVF cycle I was administering 2 a day most of the time, a day or two when meds overlapped 3 a day.

But anyways...my guess is B12 injections, for anemia.

And I don't think that these people are following medically prescribed dosing schedules...I think they are probably following their own prescription.

just my 2 cents! Razz
Pylopheit
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:

But anyways...my guess is B12 injections, for anemia.

Hrmm, I've had B12 injections before, and while it hurts like hell when you get them you pretty much get up and walk out straight afterwards. I can't see that she'd be feeling sick (actually can't remember right now if she ever said she was feeling sick from the injections) and don't think she'd need a bandage on her arm. I also had them once a week for a month, but that's not to say they would follow the same rules.

Personally, I like the snake venom theory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: