Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DANIELBEAST WON'T BE PART OF LG15 ANYMORE! :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Yousef Abu-Taleb won't be part of LG15 anymore. Do you agree with this decision?
Yes. Daniel's such a moron
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I don't care.
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
89%
 89%  [ 124 ]
Total Votes : 138

cassieisabeyotch
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
cassieisabeyotch wrote:
Inigo wrote:
Can anyone tell me the possibilities of Yousef's myspace account being hacked? That may seem like the most plausible explanation

All the changes in the LG pedia, the newsletter they sent and the apparent firing of Yousef is all very strange. Could it be related? Maybe the company who produces the videos demanded change?

However, the newsletter could be interpreted as a way of saying that the rumor is false, because they do mention Daniel. I don't know

There's no way his myspace account was hacked. I talked to him on myspace this morning. He really got fired.

Who's that "report" girl who swears that her insiders told her Yousef was still employed? Something is fishy somewhere...could it be what the insiders said was the "Daniel" would still be on the show...meaning that he will be replaced?

I think this reporter failed out of journalism school. Her evidence that he isn't fired is that he's in the next couple of videos. Oh, really??? Is that the inside scoop?? Because I thought they would just stop mentioning him or showing him on camera and figure we WOULDNT NOTICE.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
they sure as hell better not replace him.
i mean, it will be pretty boring without him, but it would just be bizarre with a new face acting like he's been daniel all along.
i guess this is why they introduced gemma...

i agree that he was good for the part.. just your average kid.
his personality was a good compliment to bree, because she's certainly not just an average teenage girl. it makes things a little more believable.
now we're gonna have two girls separated by a huge ocean? both who grew up in similar environments?
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORINGGGG.

I was just thinking..is it possible that this is a scam. Lets say they wanted to get us all excited about something. Or maybe they are trying to decide what to do with his character. If we want him to stay on THAT badly then they will know not to kill him. something like that. just an idea.
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or a hacker?
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
(Quoting myself and BK from the party thread)

Broken Kid wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Cripes, it's like Lost, huh? Maybe Yousef was involved in a DWI. Wink

I know! My thoughts are it's like Lost - the actors don't get their scripts until right before shooting so they don't know anything...

That would make the most sense. It's like how the Lost writers had explained it after the uproar of Boone's death. It's a myserious friggin' island, deaths are gonna happen. If they didn't, it'd be like having a movie about WWII and not one person dying. Shocked So that would be for the arguement that yes, this was something planned.

HOWEVER, if it was something planned, then Yousef should not have talked about it on his MySpace. Any shock over a death by fans is now gone(and death/dissapearance is the only logical way of Danielbeast leaving the series). They just ruined any sort of suspense in that area. And I dont know if The Creators would do something as heavy handed as that. There must have been (I know nothing about law in this instance) some sort of rule/law/contract that the actor cannot discuss stuff like that until after it happens.

Which kinda leaves me to think this is something abrupt, and not planned. Then again, maybe I'm just a conspiracy lovin' Mirage.

yea if they are killing off the character and it wasn't told to him to keep it a surprise then they will learn next time to come up with better no telling the story clause in their contracts because this is lame if he leaked it before they show it.
absolution
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cassieisabeyotch wrote:
I think this reporter failed out of journalism school. Her evidence that he isn't fired is that he's in the next couple of videos. Oh, really??? Is that the inside scoop?? Because I thought they would just stop mentioning him or showing him on camera and figure we WOULDNT NOTICE.

LOL. Hi, I love you.

I can imagine one of the creators holding a stick, with a paper plate that has a face drawn on, stuck to the end and trying to pass it off as Daniel in the videos.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
I was just thinking..is it possible that this is a scam. Lets say they wanted to get us all excited about something. Or maybe they are trying to decide what to do with his character. If we want him to stay on THAT badly then they will know not to kill him. something like that. just an idea.

I was thinking about that... if this is all some kind of scheme or marketing ploy to get more people talking and interested (and that certainly happened), I would be far more upset than if they just fired Yousef...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:00 pm

Suspiciously Absent

Dear Fans,

Tensions have been high in the Lonelygirl15 world. We would like to clarify a few things that have recently come up. First off, Yousef Abu-Taleb is NOT being fired from the show. The character of Daniel is still very much a part of Lonelygirl15. Secondly, we have NOT "gone corporate." To the contrary, we are almost completely out of money. We are still financing Lonelygirl15 out of personal savings and maxed out credit cards. The little money that we do have goes to pay for the actors and the few items needed to film the videos (P. Monkey eats a lot of bananas). Why are we still doing this? For you. We care as much about this show and this new medium as you do, and we are doing our best to keep it going. You might see some banner ads and Google AdSense popping up. We're gonna make some T-Shirts. We'll also be producing some DVD's. All we want to do is create a FANTASTIC show to entertain you.

Thank you for watching!

Miles, Mesh, Greg, Amanda, Vanessa, Jessica, Yousef, Jackie, Kevin

hmmmm....
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...and for the first time all day, this post is silent for more than 2 minutes...

So, the Creators said Yousef is not fired. He is still a part. We don't know if that means forever, and we don't know how this statement corresponds to Yousef's message. But it's good to get both sides now, even if we don't know the details.

I, for one, am even more eager to see the videos and see if something will happen to Daniel. (I doubt that was the point of all this, at least I hope not.)
Paulo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be rude of me to say I never believed this rumor for a moment?

Even if Yousef was a poor actor (which he isn't) it would be unthinkable. William Shatner sucked as an actor, but he was the only James T. Kirk there could ever be. Daniel is a part of Bree, and central to the entire story.
improviste
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
First off, Yousef Abu-Taleb is NOT being fired from the show. The character of Daniel is still very much a part of Lonelygirl15.

Great! That's some good news! But, now... Why would he wrote this on his MySpace page? To know how we, fans, would react? Did someone hack his page? Anyway. He's not leaving! Fine.

Kasdeja wrote:
We're gonna make some T-Shirts. We'll also be producing some DVD's.

THAT'S COOL! Really. Two thumbs up for The Creators! Especially for the DVD's! I mean... DVD's of lonelygirl15?! YESSS!
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Wow...and for the first time all day, this post is silent for more than 2 minutes...

So, the Creators said Yousef is not fired. He is still a part. We don't know if that means forever, and we don't know how this statement corresponds to Yousef's message. But it's good to get both sides now, even if we don't know the details.

I, for one, am even more eager to see the videos and see if something will happen to Daniel. (I doubt that was the point of all this, at least I hope not.)

I'm glad to see a response from the creators. I would have, honestly, liked a little more explanation about the comment on Yousef's myspace. Was it a hacker? Was there some horrible miscommunication? Did they really fire him and then, seeing our wonderful insanity run back and make friends again?

Call me nosey, I would have just liked to have gotten a better explanation.
Reb
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:

I'm glad to see a response from the creators. I would have, honestly, liked a little more explanation about the comment on Yousef's myspace. Was it a hacker? Was there some horrible miscommunication? Did they really fire him and then, seeing our wonderful insanity run back and make friends again?

Call me nosey, I would have just liked to have gotten a better explanation.

Me too, I hope there will be more explanations to come. I am just hopeing this isn't just a rouse to make us all relax and then we will be surprised when he leaves. I don't think that is the case but my inner pessimist will always be there Very Happy

Anyway back to the episodes Very Happy
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:

I would say at this point yousef needs to get on myspace or here...and do some explaining.
missviolet
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, did you -read- Yousef's post and the creators' response?

This isn't about bad acting, bad attitude, or racism. It's about CASH. Cold, hard cash.

This thing can't be cheap to produce. They're paying everyone from the actors to the extras, and the little bit of advertising revenue they get can't possibly cover all of that.

If you read what they said to Yousef -- that he should probably seek other employment -- and what they said to -us- about financing this thing personally? It means one thing: the cash is running out and they don't want the actors to count on this income anymore.

Like I said over on the comments thing on the video where this whole thing has turned into a calling for the creators' blood -- stop with the ranting and start figuring out ways to help instead. Click the ads, buy the t-shirts when they've got them for sale. Is there a way we can put up a donation button or something? Even a dollar or two from every person who watches religiously would be more than enough to keep it going for a while.

Be a part of the solution, not just a whiner, that kind of thing.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plant.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17

Jump to: