Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0072 Don't Trust The Authorities (11/13/06)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
trunbuns wrote:
I was watching this with a friend and we both just looked at each other and laughed it was so out of place (the same as when homer said it in the simpsons) as was the word 'geezer', we don't speak like that honest.

What does 'geezer' mean in UK slang? I assume it's derrogatory, but in the US, 'geezer' just means old cranky person.

The word Geezer in the UK is a little more Vague..

You could say 'He's a bit of a Geezer' to say someone is crafty, streetwise and perhaps a bit untrustworthy, but this can be a good thing in the criminal mind of a Londoner, but you could also so say 'He's just some old geezer' to say he's not important.
It's a bit of a funny word. I live up north where we only use the word when we're speaking 'mockney' - which is kinda like cockney (Which Londoners speak) but is purely meant to make fun of southerners.
Nottingham is in the Midlands, where they might call you 'Duck' as a term of endearment - but that's another story - she doesn't have a Midlands accent anyhow.
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
trunbuns wrote:
I was watching this with a friend and we both just looked at each other and laughed it was so out of place (the same as when homer said it in the simpsons) as was the word 'geezer', we don't speak like that honest.

What does 'geezer' mean in UK slang? I assume it's derrogatory, but in the US, 'geezer' just means old cranky person.

I think in the UK it used to be used to describe older people, but in modern times has been adapted to refer to a man who is thought of as very masculine and overtly heterosexual or what they call a player.

I could be wrong as I am an aussie and we don't really use that term here.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::blink:: was there seriously a page + of discussion defining wanker??
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did this thread get so off track?
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know...who cares?
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
::blink:: was there seriously a page + of discussion defining wanker??

Yup.... and now the sports results....

1904 St Louis Olympics Plunge for distance

Gold United States William Dickey (USA)
Silver United States Edgar Adams (USA)
Bronze United States Leo Goodwin (USA)

Apparently the 1904 Olympics was a bit of a washout. A lot of the rest of the world were busy fighting.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine being this type of "athlete"? It's so ridiculously absurd!
ViolinAddict
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My great great great great uncle won a sliver in the 1904 olympics. For fencing. A much better sport than plunge for distance:-)
xrockette19x
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: the authorities Reply with quote

lonelygirl wrote:
xrockette19x wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
xrockette19x wrote:
okay, we get it, bree can't go to the authorities. the reason i brought it up about the las vid is, why on earth do they KEEP bringing it up? they've said a million times they aren't going to the police, we get it already. i think that bree and daniel can't stay put, or the authorities (since we have decided that all the authorities within the show are evil) will find them. policemen, detectives..these are the people who could easily figure out what motel bree and daniel are staying at. i doubt they checked in under a false name, unless it was the grossest motel in history who didn't care about two teens staying there. or if bree paid them extra money...but how much can she really have? no one seems worried enough about the situation, except maybe daniel.

They keep bringing it up because we kept questioning it, if you look at all the comments about that on her last video. And, not every area is the same. As teens we would get hotel rooms ALL the time, nobody cared as long as we had the cash.

au contraire, i think everyone keeps questioning it BECAUSE they keep bringing it up. if they didn't mention it in almost every video, we would just accept the fact that okay, they aren't going to the police. they can't, the police can't be trusted. right right. and now creators, moving on..

umm...they mentioned it in 2 videos. can you count and do you read the forums much? and if people would stop complaining about it on here as to why they haven't gone to the police yet, maybe they would stop. they never brought it up in any of the videos before the forum was full of questions about it.

i could have sworn there was another situation where daniel wanted to go to the police and bree wouldn't let him, so he was angry, but there is a possibility i imagined it, i don't feel like going back and looking, because you ticked me off with your snarky attitude (see my signature). i do read the forums a lot, but lately i've been reading less, due to the self-righteous pompous attitudes of contributors. i used to be very into the CiW forums before it died, possibly because people were actually respectful of others opinions there. it's just a show, there's no need to get all testy about other people's interpretations/ideas about it. and this isn't just to you, it's to several people on here. part of the reason i stopped being an english major is because i got sick of people talking just to make themselves sound smart (plus it's a useless major), i don't really need that in something i look to for mindless entertainment as well.
alejito burrito
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: the authorities Reply with quote

lonelygirl wrote:
xrockette19x wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
xrockette19x wrote:
okay, we get it, bree can't go to the authorities. the reason i brought it up about the las vid is, why on earth do they KEEP bringing it up? they've said a million times they aren't going to the police, we get it already. i think that bree and daniel can't stay put, or the authorities (since we have decided that all the authorities within the show are evil) will find them. policemen, detectives..these are the people who could easily figure out what motel bree and daniel are staying at. i doubt they checked in under a false name, unless it was the grossest motel in history who didn't care about two teens staying there. or if bree paid them extra money...but how much can she really have? no one seems worried enough about the situation, except maybe daniel.

They keep bringing it up because we kept questioning it, if you look at all the comments about that on her last video. And, not every area is the same. As teens we would get hotel rooms ALL the time, nobody cared as long as we had the cash.

au contraire, i think everyone keeps questioning it BECAUSE they keep bringing it up. if they didn't mention it in almost every video, we would just accept the fact that okay, they aren't going to the police. they can't, the police can't be trusted. right right. and now creators, moving on..

umm...they mentioned it in 2 videos. can you count and do you read the forums much? and if people would stop complaining about it on here as to why they haven't gone to the police yet, maybe they would stop. they never brought it up in any of the videos before the forum was full of questions about it.

"Can you count", real nice.

Do you really think they sit back, look at the forums, and go "well, some people are still asking about the police so let's say it again"? No. This whole story has hardly been about catering to the lowest denominator, so implying that they are appeasing fans who still question the police angle is a little bit naive.

Maybe they are just doing some filler to cater to the demand of a new vid every few days instead. Maybe since Gemma is a character now and they might not have the story advancement ready, they reiterate and respond as a way to fill some time.
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolinAddict wrote:
My great great great great uncle won a sliver in the 1904 olympics. For fencing. A much better sport than plunge for distance:-)

Who?

Albertson Van Zo Post
Charles Tatham
Charles Townsend
Arthur Fox
William Grebe
or
William Scott O'Connor ?
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
its more athletic than say...bowling
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if Bree is suppose to be learning from these Gemma videos shouldnt she be posting short little reply videos to gemma. Wouldnt that make sense?
ViolinAddict
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PushedButton wrote:
ViolinAddict wrote:

Who?

Albertson Van Zo Post
Charles Tatham
Charles Townsend
Arthur Fox
William Grebe
or
William Scott O'Connor ?

William Grebe:-) He even has my last name. So exciting haha.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
spaciegirl wrote:
its more athletic than say...bowling

I'm not sure that's true.....jumping and then holding your breath until your head bobs up out of the water? I wonder who even thought of such a thing in the first place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: