Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0083 Thanksgiving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krmurr87 wrote:
THeFatLady: umm nothing more to say just that your icon is an uber old Neolithic venus sculpture...sorry just art major geeked out there Shocked

She's the Venus of Willendorf, my favorite ancient artwork. Uber-geeks, unite!
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aideen wrote:

And the fact that he deliberately says they'll go to a cafe and post this, showing that they won't have gone straight back to the motel and posted it there, bit of a cliffhanger don't you think? with the whole key thing in your mind. Because if he didn't point it out and everyone thought they posted it at the motel, then said 'when we got back blahblahblah' everyone would be all "but how'd they post it??? LIES!"

I logged on to post this exact same thing, but in reading the pages posted since I went to bed, I see you thought of it first. Kudos!

Obviously, whatever they find when they get back to the motel will be big, and will totally overshadow their nice little hike/picnic. Speaking in fake-real-world terms, it would make it necessary to post about *that* instead, so we'd never get to see the picnic! Good thinking, Creatazors, for deciding on the Internet cafe first, so we *can* get the T-giving vid before the turkey hits the fan.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFatLady wrote:
aideen wrote:

And the fact that he deliberately says they'll go to a cafe and post this, showing that they won't have gone straight back to the motel and posted it there, bit of a cliffhanger don't you think? with the whole key thing in your mind. Because if he didn't point it out and everyone thought they posted it at the motel, then said 'when we got back blahblahblah' everyone would be all "but how'd they post it??? LIES!"

I logged on to post this exact same thing, but in reading the pages posted since I went to bed, I see you thought of it first. Kudos!

Obviously, whatever they find when they get back to the motel will be big, and will totally overshadow their nice little hike/picnic. Speaking in fake-real-world terms, it would make it necessary to post about *that* instead, so we'd never get to see the picnic! Good thinking, Creatazors, for deciding on the Internet cafe first, so we *can* get the T-giving vid before the turkey hits the fan.

There will definately be something big waiting for them when they get back.

These are my ideas:

Either 1) Someone will be there waiting for them, and maybe Bree will be kidnapped!

or

2) Maybe they will notice things in their rooms have been moved slightly...and they will be bugged!!

or

3)...wait a second, didn't anyone stop to think---how did she lose her card to begin with? Drop out of her pocket...or..foul play?

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Sam has 7 friends Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
glowe126 wrote:
I so want this series to mesh with Sam has 7 friends... Awesome. Clearly if this series is about what people show to the real world, then maybe we are missing something about Bree. She shows herself as bright and spunky, but maybe there is a dark side... No one would go on Youtube and post videos displaying their evil plans or mental insanity. Well, maybe insanity- I've seen alot of crying videos. But we are only seeing what Bree and Daniel want us to see. There is probably alot going on that we don't see.

Sam7 is indeed a much, much more skillful example of interweaving storylines between different creative teams, but we have to remember that it is professionally produced, budgeted and written, and was always designed to move toward a specific climax.

Lonelygirl15 is more experimental, and I will even describe it as largely an amateur effort, even though Miles hasn't quite put it in those terms (yet). It has to fluctuate and move audience segments in and out over time.

It's going to be interesting to see if they really can re-generate the earlier excitement, but at the moment my Magic 8 Ball suggests that the outlook isn't all that rosy. The time to be capitalizing on fan interest was in late September and early October. Unfortunately, that forward motion is flawed because of the Great Perceived Bait-and-Switch (perception is reality when you are at the mercy of your audience), and because of all these setbacks and delays in implementing the website. (Which was your own fault in at least two different particulars, Miles; you guys had the brass ring right there in your grasp and you dropped it. Hindsight's a bitch, innit? I do admire your team's chutzpah and faith in the project to keep everyone pressing on now. I want this to succeed because I want all projects like this to succeed).

Right now, it isn't time for us to care about the side characters yet; I think the difficulty people have in accepting them is that we had plenty of time to grow to love Bree and Daniel before the plot moved along. Right now we just get a lot of snarky and silly mugging from Jonas and Gemma which makes them both come across as disturbing narcissists when responding to a pair of young people in the situation Bree and Daniel have found themselves in.

If this is meant to be a character point -- being raised within the Order instills charisma but damages the young person's ability to care deeply, even after they have left its influence -- that's fair enough, and perhaps we are even picking up on early notes of that with Bree's defensive nonchalance. Bree could have, in other words, grown into Jonas and Gemma.

Right now, the character who most needs to be developed is Daniel. I think you guys are making a tiny step in the right direction with it, but Daniel is the only semi-responsible person at the moment who is capable of caring for Bree. Leave the too-charismatic-for-his-backstory breebait Jonas on the shelf for another couple of weeks, even if it means rescheduling everyone.

Don't be so focused on using everyone to move the plot three milimeters forward before we've had a chance to not loathe the new characters -- you're experimental anyway, so try NOT BEING SO LINEAR.

Go back to Mesh's apartment and show us Daniel and Bree amusing themselves by "remixing" stuff they "didn't use" from older vlogs. Let Bree finally talk some more about her nonThelemic nonReligion. Script us some business of Daniel teaching Bree to edit.

Quit shoving Yousef in the back of the frame, dammit. There's so much Daniel could be doing right now, consistently in-character with what has already been written for him.

OH MY GOSH! NORA, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! I'm ecstatic that you're back, even pm'd you to beg for your return. And here you are, all intelligent as ever.
Maccaboy17
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
TheFatLady wrote:
aideen wrote:

There will definately be something big waiting for them when they get back.

These are my ideas:

Either 1) Someone will be there waiting for them, and maybe Bree will be kidnapped!

or

2) Maybe they will notice things in their rooms have been moved slightly...and they will be bugged!!

or

3)...wait a second, didn't anyone stop to think---how did she lose her card to begin with? Drop out of her pocket...or..foul play?

2 is most likely as i have said (twice) because its cheaper and its in keeping wit the usually subtle nature of the story
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must have sold a lot of t-shirts to get so many new charactors! Laughing

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Maccaboy17
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
They must have sold a lot of t-shirts to get so many new charactors! Laughing

not just characters but sets and locations
MrsCop
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
nobody has been mentioned in the videos unless they're canon (not counting twjaniak, who I still think has more to do with the project than he's letting on).

I could not agree more. You just made me feel a lot less schizo/para ~ thank you! TW is so nice, but he's too smart not to be involved (with more than the running of this lovely forum Wink ). TW should run for public office Twisted Evil

~tigerlilylynn
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
PS - Keep an eye out for a new Nikki vid - coming soon to a theater near you!

The new Nikki vid is up on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYB71osDQ0
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Lurker, I've already told you this, but I'll say it again: I think your posts are among most thoughtful and well-reasoned, not to mention well-written, posts on the forum, and I hope you stick around for a good long time. Thanks to both of you.

Thanks for saying so again!

You're welcome, by the way. Glad you get something out of my posts.

I hope the Creators get something out of that last one too (hint, guys, hint).
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki should be a talk show host. She seems perfect for it.

Or she could always be my wife!

On topic: I think they're going to go back to their hotel to find a bunch of watcher-like people there, and they'll have to run for it, or in my personal vocabulary, "Cheese it!"

Either that, or Bree'll just find her key on the ground next to the door and everything will be okay. I've seen the creators do that before..

Paul x YER MOM = My OTP!
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam has 7 friends Reply with quote

TheFatLady wrote:

OH MY GOSH! NORA, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! I'm ecstatic that you're back, even pm'd you to beg for your return. And here you are, all intelligent as ever.

Yes, thank you so much for that PM, by the way. It had me sniffling at work. And so between that and the kind words I had from some other long-term regulars, and getting some insight, inspiration and encouragement from three wonderful and already much-beloved-and/or-appreciated people directly, indirectly and formerly involved in the lg15 project, I have decided to come back and to try to be less of a rudebitterbitch, while still preserving whatever je ne sais quois made both those people and the good people of the Phorum be sooo very good to me.

Luvs to everyone, btw. Yes, even what's his name.

Uhm, obligatory on topic comment: turkey jerky is tha shiznit.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
PS - Keep an eye out for a new Nikki vid - coming soon to a theater near you!

The new Nikki vid is up on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYB71osDQ0

Now available on the LG main page.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew. For a minute there, trainer, I thought you meant that Nikki's vid had been posted on the left side of the home page.

I couldn't take yet another character being revealed as canon so soon.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Phew. For a minute there, trainer, I thought you meant that Nikki's vid had been posted on the left side of the home page.

I couldn't take yet another character being revealed as canon so soon.

Any more 'reveals' right now and the forum will come crashing down. Laughing
(Nikki's cool though)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: