Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jonastko and LG15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think jonastko is part of LG15?
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 48 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 52

HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

HyeMew, I generally respect you a great deal, but it bothers me that you've posted a message that says essentially, "I know something, but I'm not going to tell." It doesn't add anything to the discussion, IMHO, except remind us that you're a mod and you have inside information.

I appreicate the early kind words, though I must disagree that I was trying to tease people with my knowledge. I learned, through channels I must keep confidential, that Jonas is canon early on. I was so distraut over that, because I feel his scripting is far inferior to anything the Creators do and feel he lowers LG standards, that I came and warned people in a vain hope that the Creators might not incorporate him, esp. if a wider protest movement arose. That didn't came to pass, but beyond that I was not trying to make people believe me. I stated that he was going to be canon quite a few times, but never chided anyone who thought he wasn't- because in a way I agreed with them, he was not of the quality to actually be something in the Breeniverse (he's clearly written by one of those other writer teams that was alluded to in an article). So, that was that, but I never wanted to force people to think my way.

That said, I do understand your point, because as an early LG investigator I always warned people against the many random people who would drop by with random clues about Bree, which of course were always false, people just trying to trick us or throw the investigation off. I was very wary of that kind of thing. While of course those people were never moderators nor well-established phorum posters doing that, I do understand the wariness and am sorry if I offended anyone by my recent postings.
(It has come to my attention that there have been "numerous" complaints lodged against me lately, however seeing as they would not reveal the actual number it could be 3 or 30. I don't know what to make of that.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation, HyeMew -- it makes your posts in this thread a lot more understandable.

Personally, I don't have strong feelings about Jonas one way or the other, but I can understand why you might, particularly since you've been so invested in LG15 from early on.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the thanks for that post Hyemew , I hope it clears things up for those with complaints.

I have always disagreed with your (Hyemew's) comments on Jonas. Shocked But you are entitled to them Razz

I find his acting to better than some already cannon characters, and I found the content of his videos very intriguing. I felt they were completely on the same level with Bree's videos.
It is also very refreshing to watch a well spoken young man who has no fear of sharing his feelings. While I enjoy Daniel's character, I often wish he would open up more.
this makes Jonas very attractive to me as a viewer of this series.

I also object to people calling Jonas' character cliche. Rolling Eyes
I really haven't seen that many wealthy , lonely , orphans who lost thier parents at sea before! I thought that was a unique twist and look forward to seeing it tie in with the Bree mysteries.

(notice I have not mentioned Jonas' looks even once !)

I just want to say this is all very subjective.
We can't like everything the Creators do, they are trying to cater to a HUGE audience, and we all certainly have our own strong opinions don't we?

Last edited by sparkybennett on Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Daniel's character will open up the very moment the actor recieves a script involving Daniel opening up. It's not Daniel's fault he is being under-utilized.

Last edited by Nora Volkova on Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
I'm sure Daniel's character will open up the very moment Yousef receives a script involving Daniel opening up.

I think it will be a nice balance between the two characters.
Daniel can be the strong silent type, it's ok by me Smile
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
I'm sure Daniel's character will open up the very moment the actor recieves a script involving Daniel opening up. It's not Daniel's fault he is being under-utilized.

Confused
I like Daniel, and that is why I said Daniels "character", not just Daniel.
Honest!
We need to keep Daniel in the story, just because I like Jonas does not mean in any way that Daniel is expendable Exclamation

can't I like them both? Embarassed
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me state I don't hate the actor behind Jonas. I think he does a good job. What I was complaining about was his writing, that was terrible. Oh and well I do have some problems with the actor in a way, the way he was (directed I guess?) to wear that wife beater and his general self-important swagger he brings to the character. but I have no idea how much of that is the character and how much is the actor. The actor isn't bad, certainly better than the last new actress to be added, 'Gemma'.

But I'm supposed to stay neutral now or I lose my job so I'll be quiet.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Quote:
My son has autism, and I get a little prickly with terms like that. Didn't mean to snap. Embarassed

Silvermoon, I'm totally on your side about that one. I have a friend with cerebral palsy who's been called a "retard" all his life. He finds it hurtful and offensive as well, and has even written columns about how troubling it is to him when characters in comic books use those kinds of terms.

I think we can insult each other intelligently, without stooping to the use of terms that slander entire groups of people.

Hey, I'm with you two on that one.
I've been volunteering for years at the United Cerebral Palsy School of my area. I work with children whose emotional, mental, and physical disabilities vary quite a lot. Those kids are the most freaking incredible people I've ever met. I don't tolerate anything that underestimates how amazing they are.
kalika
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:
Quote:
My son has autism, and I get a little prickly with terms like that. Didn't mean to snap. Embarassed

Silvermoon, I'm totally on your side about that one. I have a friend with cerebral palsy who's been called a "retard" all his life. He finds it hurtful and offensive as well, and has even written columns about how troubling it is to him when characters in comic books use those kinds of terms.

Hey, I'm with you two on that one.
I've been volunteering for years at the United Cerebral Palsy School of my area. I work with children whose emotional, mental, and physical disabilities vary quite a lot. Those kids are the most freaking incredible people I've ever met. I don't tolerate anything that underestimates how amazing they are.

Hey you all, my brother's autistic and I just wanted to say thanks. It's reassuring to hear other people stand up. People always say I'm too sensative about terminology like that, that it's just slang, but they don't realize what it's like for people who live with that stigma day to day.

Thanks!
~kalika
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
Let me state I don't hate the actor behind Jonas. I think he does a good job. What I was complaining about was his writing, that was terrible. Oh and well I do have some problems with the actor in a way, the way he was (directed I guess?) to wear that wife beater and his general self-important swagger he brings to the character. but I have no idea how much of that is the character and how much is the actor. The actor isn't bad, certainly better than the last new actress to be added, 'Gemma'.

But I'm supposed to stay neutral now or I lose my job so I'll be quiet.

Silenced

do all the mods have to stay neutral?
That must be really tough!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: