|Date Posted||December 6th, 2006|
|Description|| I think you are making bad decisions. How did you end up on the streets?|
|Location(s)|| Gemma's flat|
|YouTube Tags||LG15 lonelygirl15 gemmers19 daniel danielbeast streets homeless boy band music story trust|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Miles Beckett and Mesh Flinders|
|Vidplay|| Mesh Flinders|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Editor(s)|| Miles Beckett|
|Next|| "The Test"|
|Previous by Gemma|| "Daniel Is Right"|
|Directly before||"Home Alone"|
(Gemma is in the room with the cityscape.)
Gemma: Bree, Daniel, what happened? I don't know how you ended up living on the streets. I told you to go home. I don't know what else I can do. I feel like I've given you all the advice and information that I have and you're not listening. And this Jonas character, I don't trust him. (Gemma sighs) Anyways, my weekend was terrible, too. I went on a date. Yes, I do have a life outside of this bedroom. Uhh, but I think my story might help you understand your current situation. So I went on a third date with this guy from Uni, uhh, he's a musician. And because I can't play an instrument myself, I'm hopelessly attracted to any guy who can. It kinda clouds my judgment sometimes. He took me to see this band that he's really into. I didn't know who they were, but I pretended that I liked their music. It was really bad, but umm, I didn't really care because I was with him and I was just happy to be there, and he's so charming. And then at intermission, everything changed. We're outside getting some drinks, and this girl walks up to us. She ends up giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. It wa-- it was weird. He just seemed uncomfortable. I asked him about her and he got all defensive, saying that we hadn't been dating for very long and he should be able to do whatever he wants. Bree, you and Daniel are in a desperate situation. The only people you should trust are each other. Once you get home you can start looking for your parents. That note they gave you, maybe there's some more information there. If you find anything, just let me know. Maybe I can help.
- The wilting rose in this video is a subject of debate in the boards. The consensus appears to be that the rose is symbolic, but its meaning is uncertain. Some of the suggested explanations are featured in the rose article.
- Viewers criticized Gemma in this video because she compares her bad date to Bree and Daniel's homelessness. She says her story might help them understand their current situation, but they are hardly similar. It's possible that she's merely trying to say that people may not be who they seem (and therefore they should not trust Jonas).
- Viewers have also suspected for some time that Gemma may actually be working for the Order. For some, that suspicion was reaffirmed in this video when she says "I told you to go home." in a distinctively harsh, commanding and irritated tone. If the Order expected her to lead Bree back to them, she would certainly be short on patience since she's had little success.
- This was the final blog that Gemma posted. She appeared in a series of videos by Tachyon and it is believed that Brother assassinated her in the video Gemma [Part V].
- The muscian Gemma dated may be the same one from Uncle Dan.
- The title of this video was lampooned by Aaronbeast with his video Crazy Decisions.
- Gemma's vignette about the musician is telling of Gemma's character and needs in personal relationships. Although she and the boy had been seeing each other for only a short period of time, she demanded a level of trust and commitment that he was unwilling to offer. This ultimatum could be regarded as a feminist action.