|Date Posted||November 19th, 2007|
|Description|| My first video blog.|
|Location(s)|| Jack's bedroom|
|YouTube Tags||me jack scotland depressed arrested awake pills|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Gregg Moscot|
|Supervising Producer(s)|| Mary Feuer|
|Director(s)|| Miles Beckett|
|Camera|| Miles Beckett|
|Story|| Mary Feuer, Mesh Flinders, and Jan Libby|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Next|| "A Day in the Life of Jack"|
|Directly after|| "Groping (Alone) in the Dark"|
|Directly before||"Would you pick me up?"|
Jack: (under covers) Hey everybody. How’s it going? I’m Jack. I can’t sleep, so... I thought I’d come on here and talk, or something, just like everybody else does. My brother got arrested today, so... it’s not the best day of my life. But, my dad came down, which was cool, so... Guess that was the silver lining to tha- to that cloud.
(Comes out under the covers.) My mom has me seeing this therapist at school, Mr. Davidson. Today he asked me if I was depressed. I was like, “Well I’m not happy. I don’t think I should be happy. I mean, my brother gets kicked out of school and... and now he gets arrested. I never see my dad at all. Wouldn’t it be kinda weird if I was happy?”
So... (Picks up a bottle of pills.) He gave me these pills to take. (shakes the pills.) Whatever.
So... There’s a map in my room. Um, it’s a map of the world. (The camera shows a map of the United States.)
I don’t really have anything else to talk about. I just don’t want to go to sleep.
I heard about a job I might wanna do someday. It just kinda came to me today, when I was in Social Studies. We were talking about Scotland for some reason. And the teacher told us that in Glasgow, the capital, every square inch of the city is under surveillance. Weird. I guess they have cameras on every corner and alley and when there’s a crime committed, the police can go back and watch it on camera. I was thinking, it would be really cool to be one of those people who just... watches, and... like calls when somebody gets mugged or something. Actually they wouldn’t even have to pay me to do that job, I’d do it for free. That’s how cool I think it would be. If anyone from Scotland is watching... (Taps the camera.) I’d do that job for free. That’s how cool I think it would be.
Alright... I’m tired now.
- Jack was not a confirmed character when he posted this video. Instead of appearing in the list of official videos on the LG15.com website, this video was posted as a response to Jonas's Would you pick me up?.
- Despite what Jack's teacher says, Glasgow is not the capital of Scotland. Edinburgh is. Glasgow is just the largest city.
- Jack also pronounces Glasgow wrongly. It is pronounced 'Glazgo', not the way it is spelled.
- Despite what Jack and some nationalists may believe, the United States is not the world. The map in Jack's room is only one of the US.
- Jacks dream job may be a reference to a Watcher.