My Parents... Let Us Go Hiking!!!
|My Parents… Let Us Go Hiking!!!|
|Date Posted||July 13th, 2006|
|Description|| Basically Daniel and I got to go hiking yesterday and he edited it into a cool summery video...yeah Summer!|
|Location(s)|| A hiking trail|
|YouTube Tags||LG15 Lonelygirl15 Bree Daniel Danielbeast hiking parents suck water outdoors genghiskhan squirrel fierce|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett|
|Director(s)|| Miles Beckett and Mesh Flinders|
|Camera|| Miles Beckett and Mesh Flinders|
|Story|| Miles Beckett and Mesh Flinders|
|Editor(s)|| Miles Beckett|
|Music|| Brilliant Daze (Days Are Confused Mix) by Beat Gorilla and Lisa Debenedictis|
|Bree||Jessica Lee Rose|
|Previous||"Proving Science Wrong!"|
My Parents… Let Us Go Hiking!!! is the tenth video in the lonelygirl15 video series. This video is correctly called "My Parents… Let Us Go Hiking!!!", with an ellipsis (…) special character instead of three separate periods - it resides here for easier accessibility. Bree and Daniel make their first venture into the great outdoors.
(No dialogue; this is essentially a music video. Black-and-white clips of Bree and Daniel in her room teasing each other with the stuffed animals are interspersed with color clips and closeups of Bree dancing and picking flowers on a hiking trip. The outdoor scenes are shot in the same softly voyeuristic style as the later Swimming! video.)
- Bree's "Napoleon Dynamite" poster is only minimally visible in this video, so it has migrated to Revver.com.
- In the comments section, fans tease Bree and Daniel about their relationship, causing Bree to confront Daniel about his feelings for her.
- This is the first LG15 video that was filmed outdoors.
- The original version of the song to which this video is set is 3:24 long; here, however, the song has been edited down to 1:48. This seamless sound editing, along with the precisely intricate visual cuts used, were early hints that these videos were professionally produced.
- A botanist related the following on the blog of Milowent:
- "A botanist looked at the "hiking" video. She said she can't say for certain-- just is not clear enough picture, but says, if you put all these pieces together it seems to have been shot in the Sierra mountains of California- mid to southern California- nothing in stone mind you. The pink flower is believed to be a California Wild Rose, there is a Big Leaf Maple, and a Kennedy-Mariposa Lilly. She says, for the lack of clarity, the flowers could just as well be petunias bought from a store, but she's not inclined to settle on that because the brush, the trees, the igneous rock, one shot of sedimentary rock, the "inland oak" ecosystem and the types of grasses indicate mid to southern Sierra Mountains- west side of the range. Says that the best picture for her to absolutely check on was a branch with thistles from .17 to .19 seconds. She says she will definitively identify that to a gnats ass. Revelation coming soon I guess as to relative locale..."