Gemma, Watchers, and the Order
It seems to me that if indeed it is true that Gemma works for the Order, and the Order is "the bad guys", then that calls everything Gemma has claimed into question. This has been noted on the page by someone else, but the thing that occurs to me, and I have always suspected, is that perhaps the Watchers and the Order are two separate groups that are, in fact, in opposition to one another. The guy at the motel who stood outside their room all night smoking surely was staking them out. If Gemma was in with the Order, why would she tell Bree that these guys were trouble unless they were working against the Order? So far, the Watchers have done nothing but stand around. The only reason they were given to worry about them is Gemma's warnings. --Brucker 15:00, 19 December 2006 (CST)
- That is a very interesting point. I think that should definitely be included. I had been more simplistic and thought that she just made up the watcher thing to scare them (and that the guy was "just a chain smoker"). However, now that you mention it... it's certainly possible that they're a separate group. In fact, it would make perfect sense if that guy had Bree and Daniel's back, so Gemma purposefully led them away from his protection.
- Even more interestingly... if the Watchers are a competing organization, antagonistic to OpAphid... could they be "team Tachyon", so to speak? Hmmm, I'm going to process that for a little while before editing the article. Feel free to go for it if you want, though.
- OwenIsCool 15:27, 19 December 2006 (CST)
- See, I've not been following the OpAphid stuff closely enough to know how this all ties in, but that sounds like roughly what I was thinking.--Brucker 16:39, 19 December 2006 (CST)
Elders, Watchers, and the Rest
It seems to me as though, after the video Proceed with Caution (from Alex), the Elders should get more than a mere redirect to Watcher. If nobody objects within the next 24 hours, I will create a page at Elder. •Silver• Talk | Contribs 11:48, 24 July 2007 (CDT)
- I thought Elders redirected to Deacons... am I mistaken? Do you think THOSE two should be seperate? --Zoey 19:47, 24 July 2007 (CDT)
- I agree that Deacons & Elders should be separated eventually, but I don't really think we've had enough information to distingish them, really. Personally, I think the Deacons answer to the Elders, but I don't think there's really been any solid dialogue/proof to that assumption. Looking at the current Deacon page, Deacons & Elders could really be the same thing --Pheon 19:58, 24 July 2007 (CDT)
watchers, good or bad?
- is it possible that the watchers are protecting clair, even as she fights against the order?
- watchers have had plenty of opportunity and yet they tend not to interfere. have they ever interfered?
- watchers tend not to do anything other than watch... except once they yelled "we're here to help!" or something
- platy sep 26