|Date Posted||January 30th, 2007|
|Description|| We ran out of daylight yesterday and had to stop at a motel. Stopped off at an internet cafe today. Hope we can find Daniel soon.|
|Location(s)|| A motel|
|YouTube Tags||LG15 lonelygirl15 daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko motel hotel holiday inn travel drive wall cooties|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders and Glenn Rubenstein|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Executive Story Editor|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Vidplay|| Glenn Rubenstein and Miles Beckett|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Glenn Rubenstein|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Bree||Jessica Lee Rose|
|Previous||"Looking For Daniel"|
|Next|| "The Cowboy"|
|Previous by Jonas|| "Kicked Out"|
|Next by Jonas||"Storm The Castle"|
(Jonas is sitting on a hotel bed)
Jonas: Hey everyone. So it's gettin' kinda late, and we still have...no idea what we're gonna do when we find this guy's place, so... Yeah, it turned out to be a lot further than we thought. So, we're gonna stay the night here and uh, come up with a little strategy for tomorrow.
(cut to Bree entering through the door)
Bree: Deja vu, huh? (closes door)
Jonas: Yeah, you know what they say... seen one motel room, seen them all.
(cut to Bree standing over a single large bed, with her arms crossed)
Bree: Um... (laughs nervously)
Jonas: Yep, I know, I know. This was all they had, so... (Bree smiles and nods) You know, I could go to the front desk and ask if they got a chainsaw, we could cut it in half and make two beds, if you want...
Bree: (laughs) No, it's fine.
(cut to Jonas speaking to the camera, with Bree on the bed behind him giving his back a slightly sardonic look)
Jonas: Oh, and uh, Daniel, if you're watching this...don't worry, man. It's-it's not what it looks like, y'know? This was the only room that they had in the whole hotel, and there's no other hotels around. But don't worry. I'm gonna fix it. (voice over from next cut) The Great Wall of Jonas.
(cut to shot of a separation of pillows between the two sides of the bed)
Jonas: Look at that, Beast, you like that, huh? Look what I did for you.
Bree: Jonas, I don't have cooties. (gets into the bed)
Jonas: Mmm, I-I know...
Bree: Are you uncomfortable?
Jonas: Mmm... I wasn't, but now I am, 'cause you're not...so...
Bree: (takes pillow) I'm gonna use this.
Jonas: Oh, well...okay.
Bree: If it makes you more comfortable, we can leave the bathroom light on...when we sleep.
Jonas: You uh, need anything? Another blanket?
Bree: I'm good.
(cut to Jonas lying in the bathtub, looking disheveled)
Jonas: Hey. I can't sleep. Kind of worried about Daniel. Well, that, and Bree is a major sheet hog. I ended up with, like, the corner of the blanket, and my jacket. You know, I called the house, no new messages. I called Daniel's cell phone, no luck there, either. It was such a weird text he sent, you know, "no good". I don't know what he meant. Maybe he was trying to text more and ran out of time. Something like that. I don't know. I just don't like when the only two possibilities are...huge catastrophe or big misunderstanding. You know, like, if it was movies, it'd be, like, The Vanishing, or Breakdown, or...an episode of Three's Company. I think tomorrow I'm going to try to convince Bree that we should file a missing person report, y'know? And as for tonight, I think I'm just gonna sleep in here because...I'm definitely gonna get more sleep in this tub than in that bed. And as soon as it's light, we're gonna hit the road, I'm gonna post this video, and maybe then I can get some sleep.
- The tags on the video indicate "Holiday Inn", a specific line of motels. It seems odd that they would be at all specific in identifying their location.
- Deja Vu is the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time. Bree is referring to when she was motel-hopping with Daniel to escape the Watchers/Order.
- "The Great Wall of Jonas" parallels a similar scene in the movie "It Happened One Night" (1934). In that movie, it was called "the Wall of Jericho."
- Jonas's extreme reluctance to sleep in the same bed with Bree may be further indication of his religious beliefs. Although the pendant cannot be seen in this video, he seems to still be wearing his cross necklace. He also could be falling for her, or was simply trying to be respectful of his friend Daniel.
- Jonas retiring to sleep in the bathtub suggests to some the Beatles' song "Norwegian Wood" - "I told her I didn't and crawled off to sleep in the bath."
- Many fans have noted how odd it is that a "local" would live far enough away that his house could not be reached in a single day. There is a possibility that Bree, Jonas or the bartender mixed up the term "regular" with "local" and the man in question has a route of some sort that brings him through the area often making him a regular at the bar despite living far away.
- At 1:53 in the video, there is a strange banging sound.
- There are four tags that appear in the order "motel hotel holiday inn" which is also a line from the Sugarhill Gang song "Rappers Delight." The next line is the song is "and if your girl starts acting up, then you take a friend" which could be a reference to how the Order has taken Daniel in order to get Bree to do the ceremony.
- This is the first out of six times we've seen Jonas in a bathtub so far.