Going Back to Cali
|Going Back to Cali|
|Date Posted||July 5th, 2007|
|URL|| youtube.com |
|Description|| We're packing up our bags and heading west. My mom is crazy!!! Daniel, Sarah, we'll be there as soon as we can.|
|Location(s)|| Los Angeles, Zavalla, A rest stop|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 bree daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko sarah taylor soccerstar|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Production Assistant(s)|| Ian Schwartz|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Vidplay|| Jan Libby|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, Jan Libby, and Ross Berger|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Music Supervisor|| Seth Jacobs|
|Music|| "Galaxy" by Northern Room|
|Previous||"Dude Back Off"|
|Next|| "All Wet"|
|Previous by Taylor|| "My Mom's A Freak!"|
|Next by Taylor||"Hope He's Not Mad"|
(Taylor is sitting in Jonas's car.)
Taylor: So my mom and I had a huge blow out again about the way she's been acting ever since she found out about my dad and his 19 year old girlfriend. (gags)
Jonas: I hope to have a 19 year old girlfriend when I'm that age.
Taylor: (laughs) No that would be like... like me in a few years dating one of my dad's friends. I mean, I can't even... what do you even talk about?
Jonas: Well, they're probably not doing a whole lot of talking, if you know what I'm saying.
(Taylor puts her hands over her face.)
Taylor: Anywho, in the middle of this humongous fight with my mom, I yell that maybe I should just get out of the house for a while and spend the summer in California with Sarah. And she said, "Go ahead." I mean, can I just say how weird this is? My mom used to be this really uptight, strict soccer mom. I'm... I'm happy to be going. I'm completely psyched. But she's supposed to be the mom figure, and she told me to go ahead and pack like it's no big deal at all.
(Musical montage of the road as they are traveling down it.)
Taylor: I mean, first, my mom starts wearing her hair in pigtails, like Sarah. Then she wears the black wife-beater, Daisy Dukes, and cowboy boots? I mean, her new favorite accessory? D-C-cubed. That's my new nickname for mom's DCCC boy-toy.
(Cuts to Taylor and Jonas sitting in front of a tree at a rest stop.)
Taylor: I think my mom's acting like a total idiot, but I still love her. What if this guy hurts her too?
Jonas: Uhm, probably best not to think about that.
Taylor: Good idea. Let's talk about (grins) Daniel and Sarah. What do you think of the happy couple?
Jonas: I'm probably not the right guy to talk about that right now. (Winks/squints/flinches)
Taylor: Hey Sarah, caught your last video. Awesome way to push away a really nice guy. Daniel, don't let my sister's whole, "I don't need anyone" routine bug you. I mean, now you can happily walk away from my obviously-unstable sister. Anyways, I just wanted to wish you guys luck tomorrow. I don't think we'll be gettin' there in time. Wait, where did we stop?
Jonas: We are somewhere around Las Cruces.
Taylor: Las Cruces. Cool. We're makin' good time. So I guess we'll see you guys sometime in the next day or so.
(Musical montage of the road.)
- Taylor is most likely wishing good luck to Sarah and Daniel on their trip to the yacht club, as deciphered in the video Look Back.
- The title is a reference to two Hip-Hop songs: the 1988 single by LL Cool J, and the 1997 track by The Notorious B.I.G.
- It is unclear what will happen to Colossus, Sarah's pet ferret who was supposed to be in Taylor's care, now that Taylor has left for California. Their mother, being distracted by D-C-cubed, may be too preoccupied to care for the poor ferret.
- Many fans noticed that Jonas appears to be "checking out" Taylor throughout the video.
- Las Cruces is a city in New Mexico. Las Cruces is about thirteen-and-a-half hours away from Zavalla, and in turn Las Cruces is about ten hours away from San Diego, where the Wyman Foundation is located.
- At 1:53, Jonas winks at the camera.