Oh I like this. Hm, perhaps somewhere we can add how things that seem really important one episode, suddlenly don't matter the next? (E.g. the ceremony and what it was, the watcher, the company her dad worked for, the lemniscate thingie, etc.) They're not technically holes, but they're equally annoying. Well, I'll be making entries here as I remember... Great idea! OwenIsCool 20:58, 17 January 2007 (CST)
Fixing a hole...
I think perhaps that points like "Accent" or "Will there be a ceremony," which have irrefutable "solutions," should be removed from the list, or at least put into a separate category. Thoughts? ~ Jbshryne 01:00, 8 February 2007 (CST)
- The point of the list (at least in my mind) is not just to point out plot holes that still exist, but plot holes that also used to exist and have been explained or patched. Partially, this is to keep people who aren't aware of the solution from re-posting it, and partially it is to point out that the Creators are actually trying to make this stuff work. An unsolved plot hole is a ding against them, but a solved plot hole is in turn a point in their favor. --Brucker 17:22, 13 February 2007 (CST)
Lack of speaking on the part of Lucy et al.
While I don't think it constitutes a plot hole that Lucy and the Watchers don't speak, it is noteworthy, and I think it ought to be noted somewhere. It's not just in The Human Ransom, but all manner of places. Note that in the opening sequence of On The Run, when Bree's parents are being escorted from their house, there does not appear to be any words exchanged. I think this is intentional, and not just a matter of making certain characters appear more "mysterious" but more...something else. Perhaps powerful? Think of it: When the Order shows up at your house a few days after you've defied them by letting your daughter off the hook in respect to a sacred ceremony, they don't have to say a word; they just give you a look, and you know it's time to get in the back of the car and go room with Cassie. --Brucker 17:22, 13 February 2007 (CST)
- Perhaps just making note of it in Lucy's article would be just fine. It probably applies to the deacons/watcher/thugs and the rest of the gang, but it's most noticeable in Lucy. Or maybe start a "fan speculation" article on whether the Order requires members to take vows of silence. =P
- OwenIsCool 18:07, 13 February 2007 (CST)
Jonas knows too much?
I don't know if it's even a plot hole at all, but in the video "Tough Cookie", Jonas explains that Gemma had been working for the Order the entire time, and was lieing to Bree. The clip he showed is obviously from Tachyon/Brother's Gemma series (Part 2), but how does Jonas really know all that stuff? From the video, all we see is Gemma following Lucy. All that could mean is that Lucy's found Gemma and is taking her in. Now, maybe Jonas worked through the puzzle Tachyon and Brother left, but I don't know how much they'd told us at that point. Either Jonas worked through Tachyon's puzzle and found out about Gemma, the Creaters goofed up, or there's somthing else at work. 188.8.131.52 18:49, 27 March 2007 (CDT)
- I tend to think that Jonas jumped to the same conclusions that other fans did. The videos showed that Gemma was in California the whole time, and that she was in contact with Lucy. Between those two facts, it's not that big of an intuiotive jump to assume that Gemma's still working with the Order. Feel free to put it in, but it never bothered me, personally. -BRUCKER (Home/Talk/Contribs) 18:12, 15 March 2007 (CDT)
Because my battery may die soon...
I didn't put her mother as Mr Avery because we know she is a strong willed woman, so using that I would make the judgment that her last name may not be Avery. And from what I'm told if you have a pluralized or whatever for of word with an s on the end you don't do 's as in Jonas....No Jonas's but Jonas'. Debate or ignore. I don't think I can do much of the edits I wanted to now that my computer has once again copt out on me. I'll go through and see what needs images.--Killthesmiley 14:36, 13 July 2007 (CDT)
- Not only do you not reply, you also use your silent time to create editing conflicts :P
- Anyway, I present to you: The styleguide. See also Wikipedia.
Just a list to help anyone that is wondering what could be done: Bree-Plot hole one, a link to the picture may be nice. A compairison of the differnt instances she wore the same clothes may be nice too in Bree-4. in Daniel-2 picture of him wet would be useful, or a link. A picture of Finn for Gemma-4 may be nice. A quote of what Jonas mumbered would be good for Jonas-2. A image outlining the Watchers uniform may be nice in The Watchers- 2. A picture of the for sale sign would be nice in Alex-5. In Jules -2 a picture of her file, if you can get a shot of the chart would be nice. A screen cap of the Wymann Foundation website would be good in Isaac and Spencer Gilman-1. A picture of the mistress would be nice in ISG-4. A picture of the result image or a screen cap of the survery would be nice in HoO-7. A picture of the OpAphid puzzle pertaining to the history of the order of the odern day empire would be good in Resistance -1 . A Picture of the 10/12/06 would be nice for Ceremony-2. A picture of the picture at the party would be good for the party-678. A picture of the watchers foot may be ice in Capture in Vegas - 5. A picture of the box contents would be nice in the box section. A picture noting the new bandage on Bree in HoO videos-3. Sorry if these seems like a lot but this was the list i had to get done. I need to get somethings done here at home. i'm hoping that my battery will work well when i boot back up. --Killthesmiley 14:50, 13 July 2007 (CDT)