The Unthinkable Happened
|The Unthinkable Happened|
|Date Posted||December 31st, 2006|
|Description|| Daniel here (yeah, yeah on Bree's account... and I put a freeze frame of her so you'd watch... it's important). We caught up to Bree... well... just watch.|
|Location(s)|| The Coral Tree Cafe, The parking garage|
|YouTube Tags||LG15 lonelygirl15 daniel danielbeast dad bree deacon lucy order jonas jonastko|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Miles Beckett and Mesh Flinders|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Executive Story Editor|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Vidplay|| Mesh Flinders|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Glenn Rubenstein|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Music|| To Thee We Sing (Rachmaninov) by Kyiv Chamber Choir|
|Drew Avery||Greg Goodfried|
|Bree||Jessica Lee Rose|
|A Deacon||Kenneth Goodfried|
|Next|| "Bree's Dad Is Dead"|
|Directly before||"Gemma (Part V)"|
(Jonas and Daniel are sitting in a car. The camera is pointed at Jonas, who is in the driver's seat.)
Jonas: You know what, man, I gotta say that in...you know, your guys's videos, you make this shit seem... fun?
(Daniel and Jonas laugh. The camera turns to Daniel's face.)
Daniel: Oh yeah.
(Jonas leans in, towards the camera, and makes a strange noise. The camera turns towards Daniel.)
Daniel: What're you doing?
Jonas: I don't know man, I'm just so frickin' bored. You know, we should've got coffee or donuts, on a stakeout you're supposed to have donuts, right? Isn't that--?
(Daniel laughs, and the camera turns back to Jonas.)
Jonas: At least we'd have something to eat.
Daniel: We need some donuts, man.
Jonas: Do you think that we're gonna make it back by New Year's?
Daniel: You got a--you got a party to go to?
Jonas: No, I don't have a party, but I, you know, I like the song.
(Jonas hums "Auld Lang Syne", and Daniel laughs.)
Jonas: I bet she knows. Last year, I, uhh, put on a Santa hat--
Jonas: --and uhh, I think my left sock, and I skated around my buddy's--
Daniel: (still laughing) Shut up, dude. Seriously.
Jonas: The police showed up. I swear man. Look, I am not lying. I would not lie about--
Daniel: Oh shit!
(The camera shows Bree and her father leaving a building. They sit at a table outside. The camera shows the side of Jonas's head.)
Jonas: Let's just go get her. She's right there. Let's go get--
Daniel: Wait! Dude, they're talking. Hang on.
(The camera turns back to Bree and her father.)
Jonas: Why? Who's she--
Daniel: That's her dad, man. He looks freaked out. Can't just...barge in there.
(The camera is now looking out the windshield, as Jonas drives after them.)
Daniel: Okay, so, Bree and her dad-- They just jumped in the car, they took off. I just want to find out where they're going.
(The camera shows the side of Jonas's head.)
Jonas: Do you even know where we are right now?
Daniel: No. No I--
Jonas: I have no idea where we are. You sure that that's her dad? I mean--
Daniel: That's her dad!
Jonas: (muttering) God dammit.
(The camera shows the car Bree and her father are in again. Cut to the car going around a parking garage. The car drives around. The camera shows Jonas.)
Daniel: Where are they going?
(The camera shows the car driving a little more. Cut to the car parked near the roof.)
Daniel: Okay, There's their car.
Jonas: Cool. Good.
Daniel: Now we just gotta wait.
(The camera shows Daniel.)
Daniel: Yeah, so, we're just sitting around now.
(The camera sees Bree and her father walking towards their car. A car pulls between them and their car. The camera begins shaking as Daniel and Jonas run towards them. Two people get out of the car, and move towards Bree's father.)
(To Thee We Sing (Rachmaninov) by Kyiv Chamber Choir plays. Bree runs into Daniel's arms, they turn around, and run back to Jonas's car. A gunshot is heard. Bree screams. The camera turns towards Daniel, who is dragging Bree. All three get into the car.)
Daniel: Go, go, go, go!
(The car drives out of the parking garage, and the screen turns white.)
- What actually happened in this episode ignited much speculation. See What unthinkable happened? for an attempt at a logical reconstruction from what we know.
- This is the first video to make use of the thumbnail trick.
- On Revver, the description is only the last sentence of the YouTube description. ("We caught up to Bree... well... just watch.")
- Just as Daniel and Jonas get out of the car, there is a faint thumping sound, which could be heard as a helicopter, possibly belonging to the Order. The sound then fades to make way for the backing music.
- The garage scene was shot at the Westfield Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks, California. The Sunkist building can been seen across the street.
- Although Amanda Goodfried had scouted the top-level of the parking garage for the show, Miles Beckett and Mesh Flinders decided that the level seen in this video would be a more compelling shot. Because of this, they had to deal with an active parking garage during Christmas shopping time.
- Gemma and Isaac Gilman also died on the day this video was posted.
- This video is still on Gemma's profile.
- During the filming of this video, Kenneth Goodfried jammed his finger into Greg Goodfried's chest, causing it to dislocate. Kenneth keeled over and started screaming in pain, and if the video is played loud enough, his screams can be heard in the background. Because of this injury, the entire garage scene had to be shot in one take.