Truth Or Dare
|Truth Or Dare|
|Date Posted||January 19th, 2007|
|Description|| Daniel was bummed out and ran off to the bowling alley by himself. Jonas had to pick him up and he came back with some random girl. I'm sorry you're upset Daniel... but we still managed to have fun :)|
|Location(s)|| Jonas's house, Pins and Pints|
|YouTube Tags||LG15 lonelygirl15 daniel danielbeast jonas jonastko pins and pints bowling alley drunk wasted hammered friend puppy|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders and Miles Beckett|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Executive Story Editor|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Vidplay|| Mesh Flinders and Miles Beckett|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Glenn Rubenstein|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser and Miles Beckett|
|Music|| Over It by Katharine McPhee|
|New Friend||Katharine McPhee|
|Bree||Jessica Lee Rose|
|Previous||"Daniel’s A Liar"|
|Next by Bree||"Time To Grow Up"|
Truth Or Dare is the one-hundred eighteenth video in the lonelygirl15 video series. This is the first video featuring a guest star (Katharine McPhee), in which Daniel gets wasted and must be watched all night by Bree, Jonas, and a "new friend."
(It's late at night, and Jonas is sitting in his car.)
Jonas: Alright, uh, so here I am at Pins and Pints. It's, uh, it's a bowling alley. It's kind of like the local hang-outs where everyone from town chills. So why am I here? I'm here because I was sleeping and I get this phone call from some girl who says that Daniel gave her my number and apparently he's in there just... drunk, I mean rip-roaring drunk is what this girl said. And she's supposed to be bringing him out, but, I dunno, it's been like five, ten minutes, so we're waiting.
(Cut to Daniel staggering out of the bowling alley. He mutters "you doing good?" drunkenly at a girl helping him out. She gives him a thumbs up and they keep walking.)
Jonas: He's gonna, look, he's gonna walk right by. Hey! Beast!
(Daniel turns and points drunkenly at Jonas.)
Jonas: There he is.
Jonas: How you doin'?
Daniel: (reeling back and forth) You okay?
Jonas: (to girl) Hi.
New Friend: Hi. (She waves awkwardly.)
Daniel: Let's get a Slurpee.
(Cut to Jonas's house, Jonas is carrying Daniel to his bed as he mutters mostly incoherently.)
Jonas: Almost there... (Daniel almost stumbles into Jonas's guitar) Nope! Not the guitar, not the guitar. (to camera) Tell me you're getting this!
New Friend: (Now holding the camera) I got it.
Jonas: Tell me you're getting--!
(Daniel crashes into the bed, burying his face in the blankets.)
Jonas: How you feeling there?
Daniel: (Face-down, muttering, he puts out his hand behind him towards Jonas) Mmm, high five!
Jonas: Y-yeah, okay.
New Friend: (laughing) Oh my gosh!
Jonas: High five. (Jonas slaps Daniel's hand a couple times.)
Daniel: (to girl, with arm raised) Come on, high five. (she slaps his hand)
Jonas: He's big on the high fives.
New Friend: Yeah...
(Cut to Jonas on the other side of the bed, holding a stuffed dog.)
Jonas: Hey beast, is this your puppy? Do you need your puppy? (Jonas plays with the puppy by Daniel's face, and Daniel pushes him away.)
(Bree walks through the door.)
Bree: What's going on? What's wrong with Daniel? (to camera, which girl is still holding) Hi...who are you?
Jonas: Yeah, we're just, uh, you know, keeping an eye on him because we don't want him to pull a Jimi Hendrix on us. You know what I mean.
Bree: Ugh... Jonas, that's morbid. (Bree is now sitting on the couch with girl.)
Jonas: Oh, sorry. Oh! This is our new friend. Say hello, new friend.
New Friend: Hello new friend. Do you guys film everything?
(Cut to Jonas dealing cards.)
Jonas: Alright, here we are at the Jonas's first annual Texas Hold 'Em Invitational Championship. You guys are going down. (Jonas shows his hand to the camera.) Down to Chinatown.
Bree: Actually, I happen to be a very good poker player. Thank you very much. (Bree accidentally drops a card that she has to pick up off the floor.)
(Music plays and we see a clip of New Friend, Bree, and Jonas playing poker using M&Ms and pretzel bites as poker chips. Jonas tries on a hat, Bree plays with her poker visor, and Girl is triumphant as she wins a hand. More scenes of the three of them hanging out, playing cards. Bree wins a hand and gets up to run around Jonas with her hands in the air.)
New Friend: Hey, where are all your parents?
Jonas: Oh, uh, actually it's just the three of us.
New Friend: Oh. That's really cool. (to Bree, who is holding the camera) You know, you're so lucky, you get to live in this big house with these two... strapping young men.
(Bree turns the camera to show Jonas picking his nose while Daniel drunkenly scratches his butt.)
Bree: (laughs) Hmmm... not so much.
New Friend: I, on the other hand, live with two dumb blondes and all they do is fight over the boys that they meet. You know I think boys are simple, you know? You must have these two wrapped around your little finger. (winks at Bree as Bree chuckles)
Jonas: Ah, don't get any ideas, Bree.
(Cut to Bree making an innocent face for the camera.)
Jonas: (zooming in on Daniel's face, who is sleeping with his stuffed puppy) Alright, this is Beast update number one. (checks Daniel's pulse) Got a pulse. Sounds like he's still breathing. (pokes Daniel's ear) Boop. Boop. (Daniel swats at Jonas's hand.) Yeah, he's okay.
(Cut to New Friend.)
Jonas: That was good, that was good, do it again, though, for the camera because I want to shame Beast in the morning.
New Friend: Well, Mr. Beast, you made quite a scene. First, you were yelling about how you were wronged by some girl, and then, you were basically spilling your heart to anybody who'd listen, which was...basically me.
Bree: What else did he say?
New Friend: Some nonsense about...a secret order or...seers or like, watching or--watchers, or something? He had quite the imagination.
(Cut to Jonas, standing by Daniel's bed)
Jonas: Alright, Beast update number two. Just take a look. (Daniel is now lying on his back with the puppy tucked under his arm.) Still breathing (Daniel snores) ...loudly.
(Cut to Jonas)
Jonas: Okay, now we're playing Truth or Dare. Well, actually -- we're (indicating him and Girl) playing Truth or Dare. Bree's kinda playing Truth or Truth? (Bree makes a sheepish face)
Jonas: (camera on Bree) Okay, so tell me, how do you really feel about Daniel?
Bree: Nooo, what Jonas.
Jonas: Come on, you have to, that's how the game works.
New Friend: Jonas, leave her alone.
Bree: Not on camera.
(Cut to Jonas)
Jonas: All right, so I've been dared to do something to Daniel. It's a little bit mean, but um, you know what? I think he deserves it for passing out on us. Sorry, Beast.
- This is the first time that we see Daniel inebriated.
- The name of this episode and the fact that Katharine McPhee was guest starring was mentioned in an article by the Associated Press two days before the video was released. Some fans were upset by the spoiler.
- Interestingly, the name of McPhee's character is not revealed in this episode; she is referred to only as "new friend" and "random girl."
- celebrated Christmas has led many to believe that Jonas is a Christian.
- When a fan met Jackson Davis at a YouTube convention in San Francisco, he was wearing the necklace. Questioned about it, he said, "...it doesn't mean anything...it's just...decoration." (video)
- On his MySpace account, Yousef Abu-Taleb said that he improvised the line about Slurpees as a shout-out to the many fans who are obsessed with Orange Slurpees.
- Some fans wondered how Daniel, who is under the legal drinking age, managed to get alcohol. In Hungover he mentions a fake ID which is now lost.
- When Jonas says Bree and the girl are "going down" in Texas Hold 'em, his hand is revealed to be a four and a seven of different suits. This is one of the worst hands possible. Statistically, the worst hand in Hold 'em poker is a two and a seven of different suits.
- When cards are shown on the table in the montage, the cards on the table are the 4 of hearts, 7 of clubs, 6 of clubs and 3 of clubs. That makes a total of 5 numbers shown (the 7 of clubs and 4 of hearts are the same one's in Jonas's hand shown earlier): 2, 4, 7, 6, 3.
- YouTube is a shot of Bree and the Random Girl that is only shown for a fraction of a second. This is a similar editing trick as was used for The Unthinkable Happened.
- We find out what Jonas's dare was in Daniel's next video, Hungover.
- This is the first appearance of Daniel's puppy
- Rock musician Jimi Hendrix supposedly asphyxiated to death from his own vomit after a night of heavy drinking mixed with a large number of sleeping pills. Not everyone believes this is the full story .
- This video has over a million views.