Like A Virgin
|Like A Virgin|
|Date Posted||June 13th, 2007|
|URL|| youtube.com |
|Description|| Sorry Jonas, but your email was just too much . . . I had to make this video.|
|Location(s)|| Taylor's bedroom|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 lg15 danielbeast sarah taylor soccerstar4ever jonas jonastko sex virgin|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, and Greg Goodfried|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Production Assistant(s)|| Ian Schwartz|
|Director(s)|| Mesh Flinders|
|Camera|| Kevin Schlanser|
|Vidplay|| Jan Libby|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, Jan Libby, Ross Berger and Jake Coburn|
|Editor(s)|| Kevin Schlanser and Ian Schwartz|
|Animator(s)|| Ian Schwartz|
|Music|| "Strange Feeling in the Night" by Lucy|
|Previous||"Everybody Does It ;)"|
|Next|| "Going Home"|
|Previous by Taylor|| "My Sister = Slut"|
|Next by Taylor|| "A New Lead"|
|Directly before||"My Eternal Song"|
(Taylor is in her room, dressed as a teacher. She makes several dominatrix-like gestures -- some more successful than others -- with a horse crop.)
Taylor: As many of you know, Jonas sent me an email. This email was also CC'd to Sarah and BCC'd to Daniel. Just between you and I, Jonas, it seems like there's a lot of mixed messages going on here. Teacher Taylor's gonna break it down for you.
(cut to image of Jonas's head on a badly drawn body, crying, typing on a "compootr") Mixed message number one... well, "just between you and I" is really mixed message number one, so... Mixed message number two: "And Sarah seems to be getting some freaky pleasure out of making fun of me right now." (cut back to Taylor) Very interesting. According to my analysis, what you're really saying is that you, Jonas, want to give my sister, Sarah, freaky pleasure. (she glides past the camera on a rolling chair) Freaky, freaky, freaky, freaky, freaky... (cut to fast-motion segment in which Taylor puts a poster with the word "CALLOUS" on the wall behind her) Anyone that would take the time to be so condescending as to define a word such as "callous"... I dunno. I'd say "callous" kinda says it all.
(cut back to badly drawn Jonas, under whom there is now a puddle of tears) "And what's up with her telling everyone Bree was my first time?" (cut to fast-motion segment in which Taylor is pacing and singing into a plastic megaphone. She sits on the bed, and speaks meekly) "It was my first time." (she stands and whacks the bed with her crop, then appears in front of the camera with her finger to her lip) What is up with that? (cut to fast-motion segment in which Taylor spins in circles and collapses on the bed)
(cut back to badly-drawn Jonas, under whom there is now a large body of water, complete with a yellow fish and crocodile) And twice you ask, "What's your sister's problem?" (cut back to Taylor, holding a sketch of Sarah and Colossus, looking rather like Dorothy and Toto. On the paper are the words "SELFISH," "CONFUSED," and "HURT.") Here's the thing. There are other people in this world. Lots. And, believe it or not, Jonas, they all have problems. So, yes, Sarah has problems, too. She's selfish. She's selfish because... well... she just is. (whispers) Probably genetic. (back to normal volume) She's confused. She's confused because she's at a crossroads in her life. I mean, she just finished high school, and she has her whole life ahead of her. She doesn't know what to do next. And she's hurt. Sarah's really hurt by what's going on with our parents. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to figure out that one.
I'd like to thank everyone for joining me for this week's session of "De-constructing Jonas." I hope you can all join me next week, when I look into more of the many reasons why so many people (the words "Like Jonas" flash onto the screen) think that the world only revolves around them and their problems. (she smiles and curtsies)
- A transcript of the email is available here.
- The title of this video is also the title of a popular Madonna song.
- Jonas neither denies nor confirms anything concerning himself and Bree having sex in his email.
- In a previous video, Jonas confirms that while he has never had a girlfriend, he has "hooked up" before. This indicates that while this may not have been Jonas's first sexual encounter, it was probably his first meaningful one.
- Taylor's "De-constructing Jonas" might be a parody of Bree's " Proving Science Wrong" series of videos.
- In the email, Jonas says: "oh, sorry, let me define 'callous' for anyone who might be reading this (like sarah) who's command of the english language seems to be limited to 'do you wanna?'." [sic] In this sentence alone, Jonas makes several grammatical and punctuation errors, as well as common mistakes made by those with a "limited command" of the English language. (He also opens the email with the common mistake, "between you and I," which Taylor repeats.) Jonas, while attempting to be condescending, comes across as foolish.
- Taylor mentions that the e-mail was "BCC'd to Daniel". BCC is an abbreviation for Blind Carbon Copy. The e-mail addresses in this field cannot be seen by other recipients.
- During the sped up segment when Taylor seems to be making repetitive noises into a megaphone, slowing down the audio reveals that she is actually humming the "Mexican Jumping Bean" song.
- Taylor's defense of her sister may, in part, be from guilt due to her previous video, where she referred to Sarah as a "slut".