|Date Posted||February 4th, 2007|
|Description|| Listen to your friend Daniel...|
|Location(s)|| The White Room|
|YouTube Tags||lonelygirl15 lg15 bree danielbeast daniel jonas jonastko opaphid tachyon advice pizza ice cream ceremony spin art|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Glenn Rubenstein|
|Producer(s)|| Amanda Goodfried|
|Assistant Producer|| Mari Devincenzi|
|Director(s)|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Camera|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Executive Story Editor|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Vidplay|| Glenn Rubenstein and Yousef Abu-Taleb|
|Story|| Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried, and Glenn Rubenstein|
|Editor(s)|| Glenn Rubenstein|
|Music|| "OpAphid Theme Song" by Glenn Rubenstein|
|OpAphid (voice)||Mari Devincenzi|
|Next|| "Me For Daniel"|
|Previous by OpAphid|| "Lose Something?"|
|Next by OpAphid|| "Remember Me?"|
|Directly before||"Finding the Cowboy - NBR Investigates"|
Miss Me? is the one-hundred twenty-seventh video in the lonelygirl15 video series. It is also the thirty-first video in the OpAphid video series. An apparently brainwashed Daniel begs Bree to do the ceremony.
(Black screen with glowing white OpAphid eye in center. Eye disintegrates, leaving just the black screen. Screen fades to white and Daniel appears.)
Daniel: What up Bree? It's me, Danny B. You know what I'm sayin'? Yo, I heard you've been looking for me. Check it out. I have new friends. We're having a great time here. I remember I had all these concerns about the religion you were into. You know they're treatin' me great, they're good people. (Op's voice overlaid with Daniel's) We have Daniel. (Back to just Daniel's voice) Yo girl, when we gonna hit up that ceremony? That's all we gotta do. Ain't no big thang. C'mon, just do the ceremony. That's all you need to do. Think about the good times, last summer. (Daniel's voice switches to sound like what might be the Cowboy's voice) You were gonna do the ceremony back then. It's all good. Now, well you're not doin' the ceremony, everything's kinda bad. See the connection? You know, I know I've only gone to community college. Last job I had was at a gas station, but that's math that even I can do. (Back to Daniel's voice) It's amazing. I think you should do the ceremony. Bring the puppets along too, baby, no problem. P. Monkey and Owen, I got mad love for them. You know what, I'm gonna, I'm gonna try to join the Order. I hope they let me in. I really like what they're about. It's cool. Them being evil, was wrong. They treat me better than you do. Yo, I'm having the best time here. We had pizza, I had ice cream. We even did spin art. How cool is that? That thing with your dad, it's just a big misunderstanding. He actually wanted that to happen. Don't you want all of this to be worth something? (Daniel's voice again overlaid with Op's) Come back to us... (Back to Daniel's normal voice) Yeah I remember that girl Cassie. She was in my class. She'd want you to do the ceremony too. Listen to your friend Daniel. Do the ceremony.
(Reversed audio of a female voice, most likely Op herself, saying "Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise above them.")
"Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise above them." - Washington Irving
- The backwards masked quote at the end is from Washington Irving. It might imply that Daniel's weak mind was corrupted by the Order, but that someone stronger (maybe Bree) can resist it.
- Daniel says, "Hey Bree, it's me, Danny B." This is an obvious play on DanielBeast which may also be a nod to Nikki B.
- OpAphid has spoken of pizza and ice cream before and it is apparently a common reward utilized on their part. OpAphid's only previous verifiable reference to pizza and ice cream occurred when they promised LordGreystoke422 a pizza and ice cream party associated with a field trip.
- This is the first in a series of OpAphid videos uploaded to the main page. The Creators revealed in a forum announcement that going forward, some OpAphid videos would be an official part of the video series.
- This is Daniel's only acknowledgment of Cassie in the entire series.
- The video consists of many cut sequences that have been edited together, possibly taking Daniel's dialogue out of its original context.
- itscassie posted a similar-looking video shortly thereafter, also urging Bree to do the ceremony. The audio in this video sounds lifted from The Ends Justify The Means video, complete with cell phone interference at the end.
- This is the first video in which Yousef Abu-Taleb is credited as a co-writer. The dialogue was largely improvised between him and the video's director, Glenn Rubenstein.
- This video was an homage to the trailer for the film Strange Days, which was also shot on an overexposed white background.